Mousefest 2008????

Here's what the Mousefest website says about why they gather...

http://www.mousefest.org/intro.asp

What is MouseFest?

For many years, Disney fans from around the world have gathered at Walt Disney World in December. These like-minded folks connect through Disney-related web sites and message boards to share their love of the Most Magical Place on Earth. This year, like last year, our event encompasses a great many of these fan groups... a gathering that unites the enormous family of Disney enthusiasts from all walks of life, from all backgrounds, from all over the country, from all over the globe! MouseFest is an unofficial event; it is not organized by nor endorsed by Walt Disney World.

It seems to me that if DISUnplugged or DisBoards wanted to participate, they would be more than welcome to do so and probably have well attended events! It's just a matter of what they feel is necessary and the DIS did host their own, very well attended meet and greets recently as well. I suppose they participate in a way that is comfortable for them. Who could ask for more than that?

I've been to all the Mousefests, an event which started in 2003. I also managed to go to both DIS Podcast meets in December, so it was possible to do both.

I agree with Minnie Lor that Mousefest is a terrific event - one which is growing larger and larger each year. I have made many friends because of Mousefest, but my closest internet friends are all from the DIS. I know that we all look forward to spending that week together each year ::yes::.

Most in the group I hang out with are long-term posters, moderators, or webmasters. That, plus the lime green paraphernalia, plus the fact that we are having so much fun together that week, plus the fact that we are there every year - that makes us a fairly recognizable group. There are usually several other groups of DIS people meeting there in December, too, and also people who don't know any other DISers but who wear the lime green Mickey heads in hopes of meeting some. I am constantly running into and meeting new people

I couldn't even begin to tell you how many people over the years at various Mousefest events have come up to me and asked me why the DIS isn't there. Including some of the authors and website people who are participating (some of whom are DISers themselves, even if they don't have time to post here anymore).

I have long said that if the DIS were officially a part of Mousefest, that in terms of popularity, the DIS booth(s) would be in the top 3 out of several dozen booths. And now with the Podcast going strong, the DIS/Dreams Unlimited could almost have 3 booths side-by-side. One lime green, one orange, and one in whatever color is associated with DU :).

I don't know anything about the logistics of joining Mousefest as an organization, but I would love it if the DIS participated this year. This is the first year I'll be able to do Mousefest (and probably the only year for a while due to scheduling), and I would love to see the DIS folks there. The Unplugged crew would be a great table--y'all would be mobbed with fans! Way back in the day, I went to DIS Con 2, and it was great to get to meet so many DISers in person. So if it's not a logistical nightmare, then please consider it Unplugged crew. :)

I know over the past few weeks I have heard multiple other podcasters mention the DIS Unplugged as one of there favorite podcast to listen to. So I think they would be a pretty popular table @ Mousefest, too

Considering no one from the podcast has responded to this thread, I'm thinking they don't plan on being at Mousefest and I'm sure they have their reasons, but maybe don't want to post them and I think we should respect that.

Considering no one from the podcast has responded to this thread, I'm thinking they don't plan on being at Mousefest and I'm sure they have their reasons, but maybe don't want to post them and I think they should respect that.

I can understand that, i mean if John doesn't like his photograph taken anyway, and event like Mousefest would send him over the top! I get that feeling John!

I went 2 years ago and going back again and bringing more friends!We had a BLAST, so many things we wouldn't on just a normal VACATION AT WDW. I loved meeting the writers and getting signed copies of their books, playing games (scavenger hunts etc.), sharing meals with other Single adult Disfans lol not sure 50's Diner will ever be the same after our last visit...(people had to stand in the corner lol) dessert buffets and special seats rocked!!!...I highly recommend it!!!:hippie: :banana:

How many of you have attended this event as a signle person? I will be in WDW with my family, but they just dont get it and wouldnt be up to the meets much. I still plan on attending some events and meets, but dont know how people respond to you when you show up as an individual, and without a group.

Hey Gang

While I have not personally attended I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Mousefest. It is an incredibly well run event and provides a superb service to the Disney Fan Community. I personally know/have met some of the organizers and participants and they are fantastic people who put a lot of hard work into making it a very cool event. I think that anyone who wants/is able to should attend this event.

The answer to the question why the DIS/DisUnlplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel have not participated in this event in the past is not an easy one to answer – which is why I think no one from the PodCast Crew has addressed it yet on this thread.

It’s not like we sit around every year weighing the pros and cons of attending Mousefest, or that we have some master plan in place, and then decide “no, we shall not attend”.

I can only answer this from my personal perspective, Pete may have a different idea about this so I can’t speak for him or anyone else, but I think the best answer I can give, and I hope this comes out right, is that we all wear many hats and have many responsibilities, all of which take a great deal of our time and energies. Everyone involved in the Podcast, the DIS and DU all have a dozen different projects we are juggling at any given time and we must decide what it is we want to put our time and effort into.

Now before the hate mail starts – it’s not that we feel Mousefest is not worth our time or is less important – it’s just that we all choose to focus our energies on projects that not only relate to what we do in our jobs but also fit with our passions.

For example, last year we focused a lot of our attention on the Podcast meets. It was something we knew we wanted to do and put a lot of energy into.

This year one of our big projects is the podcast cruise.

We have a lot of other ideas and projects in motion - some may come to fruition and some may not - but with only a certain number of hours in the day we have to decide where we want to spend those hours and on what projects.

Not that these projects are chosen over Mousefest – but we just focus on the many things we have on our plates and put our energies there. There just isn’t enough time or resources to do all things we want to.

And I think wishspirit said it best....

I can understand that, i mean if John doesn't like his photograph taken anyway, and event like Mousefest would send him over the top! I get that feeling John!

.....my head would probably just explode!!!! :rotfl2:

How many of you have attended this event as a signle person? I will be in WDW with my family, but they just dont get it and wouldnt be up to the meets much. I still plan on attending some events and meets, but dont know how people respond to you when you show up as an individual, and without a group.

I went solo (left my hubby at home ~ he loves Disney. He's just not a nut case like me.) There will be meets or events that maybe your family wouldn't enjoy but there's alot there that they would probably like.

You asked me to PM you, Joe. I'll do that now.

Hey Gang

While I have not personally attended I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Mousefest. It is an incredibly well run event and provides a superb service to the Disney Fan Community. I personally know/have met some of the organizers and participants and they are fantastic people who put a lot of hard work into making it a very cool event. I think that anyone who wants/is able to should attend this event.

The answer to the question why the DIS/DisUnlplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel have not participated in this event in the past is not an easy one to answer – which is why I think no one from the PodCast Crew has addressed it yet on this thread.

It’s not like we sit around every year weighing the pros and cons of attending Mousefest, or that we have some master plan in place, and then decide “no, we shall not attend”.

I can only answer this from my personal perspective, Pete may have a different idea about this so I can’t speak for him or anyone else, but I think the best answer I can give, and I hope this comes out right, is that we all wear many hats and have many responsibilities, all of which take a great deal of our time and energies. Everyone involved in the Podcast, the DIS and DU all have a dozen different projects we are juggling at any given time and we must decide what it is we want to put our time and effort into.

Now before the hate mail starts – it’s not that we feel Mousefest is not worth our time or is less important – it’s just that we all choose to focus our energies on projects that not only relate to what we do in our jobs but also fit with our passions.

For example, last year we focused a lot of our attention on the Podcast meets. It was something we knew we wanted to do and put a lot of energy into.

This year one of our big projects is the podcast cruise.

We have a lot of other ideas and projects in motion - some may come to fruition and some may not - but with only a certain number of hours in the day we have to decide where we want to spend those hours and on what projects.

Not that these projects are chosen over Mousefest – but we just focus on the many things we have on our plates and put our energies there. There just isn’t enough time or resources to do all things we want to.

And I think wishspirit said it best....

.....my head would probably just explode!!!! :rotfl2:

No hate mail from me! That makes total sense, and I understand that there are only so many hours in a day. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Thanks John for your insightful post. I completely understand why the Dis is not involved with MF.

I know that MouseFest takes months, as in 9-12 months to put together. Everyone involved is completely wiped out by the last day. You guys do your thing and others are doing there's. There are so many hours in the day, so many days in the week,....and so on.

Thank you Pete, John, Kevin, Corey, Julie, Bawb, Regina, and whoever I forgot for doing what you do!

I look at it this way, I am going to Mousefest and will have a blast like I did the last time I went and I will hope like crazy that there will be a Podcast meet that weekend and I can go to that as well. The best of both worlds.

Kim

I look at it this way, I am going to Mousefest and will have a blast like I did the last time I went and I will hope like crazy that there will be a Podcast meet that weekend and I can go to that as well. The best of both worlds.

Kim

I'm hoping like crazy their is a DIS Unplugged podcast live show or meet that week.

I too hope there is a podcast meet that week. I was hoping to get a chance to meet the podcast crew thats the only reason i asked about MF. Anyways thanks for everything you guys do

John as always appreciate your wise words and input to this thread... now back to the Podcast :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I've been to several events in WDW and DL Solo....and had a blast...I've even recieved speacial attention because I was alone (pins, fast passes etc.) Not vevryone in our group will do Mousefest this trip either...for those who care to go, will go...for those who don't...we will meet up later...Go and enjoy the fun...you won't regret it!!!:hippie:

My family was at WDW last year during part of Mousefest. They didn't do any of it. We probably would have participated (all of us) in some of the various meets but I called for our ADRs and made all our park plans before they released the Mousefest schedule ..and I just couldn't change it all.

I did leave both kids w/ dh to sleep in and hang at the pool while I went to hang w/ some Mousefesters at Epcot and then over to the Mega Mouse Meet. That was a lot of fun.

There are a lot of cool kids things to do as well... which I wish we could have participated in.

Oh, we also went to the first Podcast meet...all of us! Even though dd wouldn't go into the room for a while because of the "new" smell to it (they had just renovated and put in a new carpet). None of us smelled it, but she has always been sensitive to it. The cookies and chocolate covered strawberries went a long way towards enticing her to come in and hang w/ everyone else! :thumbsup2

Is there a place to "register" for Mousefest 2008? I only found 2007 information @ mousefest.org. Is it too early -or maybe too late - to get involved? DW & I want are going for our first ever X-Mas time trip to WDW and intentionally planned it for Mousefest weekend! Cannot wait to go! Any info/assistance would be awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter