Most popular point size in resale contracts??

blessed2BaMama

Earning My Ears
WE are investigating purchasing a second AKL resale contract and are limited due to a small number of Sept UY contracts out there. Since we bought the first one, I have only seen 3 come available and all were for less than 160 points (a 160, 100 and 30) and the smaller ones went quickly while the 160 took 3 weeks to sell. As we want 200-300 more points, I wonder if larger ones sell faster, slower or os it a tossup?? Any ideas??

50 point contracts seem to sell the fastest. Also loaded contracts are usually more desirable. That's as much as I know I am sure there are more knowledgable people out there.

Add on owners usually want smaller contracts and the number is limited to buyers who bought a small direct buy add-on or buyers who broke their purchase up into smaller contracts.

The original direct buy contracts will be sized at whatever Disney was selling at the time, like 160.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm a bit of a math nerd but I would think it would be best to have different amounts if you broke it up. So on 160 points if you broke into 2 contracts instead of 80 and 80 I'd probably do 70 and 90 or 60 and 100. If I was to break it into 3 contracts I'd do something like 40 and 50 and 70.

That way if down the road you think 70 will work for you or 90 will work for you there are options on which smaller ones to sell.

I suspect the most popular overall is in the 150-170 range but the smaller packages will have more demand I suspect.

I think everyone will soon realize that a small 50 point contract will sell at 20% higher than the average price. So everyone now wants to buy their contract from Disney in 50 point increments. People want to make money.

This will translate to a lot more paper work and contract numbers to track. Disney will either get fed up by banning such practice or by allowing any contract to be sold in portion.

So you can have a 300 point contract but only sell 50 points if you want to, with a contract number suffix like -a, -b, etc.

That is my guess.

I think everyone will soon realize that a small 50 point contract will sell at 20% higher than the average price. So everyone now wants to buy their contract from Disney in 50 point increments. People want to make money.

This will translate to a lot more paper work and contract numbers to track. Disney will either get fed up by banning such practice or by allowing any contract to be sold in portion.

So you can have a 300 point contract but only sell 50 points if you want to, with a contract number suffix like -a, -b, etc.

That is my guess.

Although I'd love to see this, I'm not sure it can be done because you'd have to rewrite the original deed as though there was a lot split or the like; i.e. create a new legal description for both deeds, and it is pretty clear in the contractual docs that you can't split the interest. It is a bit more complex than a policy since it is explicitly disallowed and related to the deeds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter