Morgan's Inspired by WISH Journal

myelton01

Mouseketeer
Ok... I'm going to do this. Everyone on the DISboards have inspired me. Sorry for the length, but I have a lot to get off my chest. :)

Let me start out with a little info about myself. I'm a 27yo mother of 2, DD is 6 DS is 3. I have been a stay at home mom off and on for the last 6 years, but I have been totally at home for the last 3. No job, not too many friends that want to hang out because DH and I were the only married couple for a long time and then it changed to we were the only couple that had kids. I've been married 7 years now and I love DH more and more every day. There is a problem there though. DH works a job that has him on what they call a 3 on 3 off swing shift. He works days for 2 sets and then nights for 2 sets, 12 hour shifts. This leaves me home alone, a lot. Well, 3 years ago, I had postpartum depression and I turned to the internet playing games and chatting online to get me through dealing with life in general and DH's wonky work schedule. DH and I took our 7 years late honeymoon last November on Carnival. I started reading their forums about cruising so when my BFF and I decided we were taking a cruise and it was going to be with Disney I found the DIS and I started reading. Well, I found this board and I am now inspired to get healthy and lose weight. I have smoked for the last 9 years and quitting is one of my goals. I have tried to quit many times before but with no success. I have found it is extremely hard to quit when that is the only time DH and I get together at times. I have also found that when I had my DS, I weighed less after having him then I had since I was 14. I am now inspired by all the people here in the WISH section of the DIS to do it. I see all the support being given to all the people on here in their own situations and it floored me. I've never ever tried to diet, I love food too much. I have in the last 10 years change the way I have eaten. When DH and I got married it was fast food for 4 meals a day, this was VERY bad but our lifestyle wasn't ready for a makeover yet. DH and I finally got fed up on fast food and now we rarely eat it. We applaud ourselves frequently on how good we are doing with not eating fast food the way we used to. I now cook at least one meal a day and have left overs the other meal of the day and DH and I don't eat breakfast. I never have eaten breakfast, horrible, I know. I don't know if I can handle a diet at this time, I was raised on meat and potatoes almost every night of the week and I notice I tend to try and cook the same way my mother did, not overly unhealthy but not as healthy as I could cook by any means. I told DH I wanted to "Walk to WDW (and then home again) before my cruise with the BFF and he said he would support me, so I decided today to take the next step and get myself healthy and give this journal thing a shot. DH tonight has said he will support me and is committed to eating better at home to show his support.

That being said, I have set the goal to walk to DCL and home again which would be 2200 miles. I started yesterday and I've now walked 4.4 miles.

I do not have a scale yet as my battery died in it and it's been so nice to just let it collect dust in my bathroom closet. DH is going to go buy me new batteries for it tomorrow morning. My guess is that I am at 254lbs, I will update that tomorrow when I know for a fact. I will also try to get the other measurements. I am 5'6" tall and my goal is getting down to 175 at LEAST, in the next 22 months. I currently wear size 18 jeans and I want to get back down into my size 12 jeans I was wearing right after my DS was born.

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this post. I've never done anything like this before so I'm kind of at a loss on where to go from here. I also would like to know if the goals I have set for myself are realistic or not. Thank you everyone for your support as I start this journey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter