More than stated # allowed per room?

Has she already made her reservation? Because once she does, she will be asked for all the names and ages of the people in her party. Once she gets to that fifth person, they are going to tell her that the AKL standard room isn't going to work for her. If she doesn't tell them about the fifth person, then all the things others have written about lack of access to EMH, DDP, etc. will come into play.

Has she already made her reservation? Because once she does, she will be asked for all the names and ages of the people in her party. Once she gets to that fifth person, they are going to tell her that the AKL standard room isn't going to work for her. If she doesn't tell them about the fifth person, then all the things others have written about lack of access to EMH, DDP, etc. will come into play.
EMH won't be an issue, if she books her room, and buys her tickets seperately.. b/c she would jsut show a room key at the parks-- and they will not look at all-- a family would go in together! But it will not work if she does the DDP etc... my suggestion is a different place-- is she a teacher or nurse-- Swan/Dolphin has great rates ($169) and they do hold 5 in a room- still deluxe-- no DDP or ME included, but it is a awesome location!

My suggestion is that she herself joins the DIS!!! To take that many kids with that difference in age she'll need as much help as possible to have a magical time. Really, really, really she should sign up herself & get the older two kids addicted too. Then everyone will be on the same page.

I gave her the option of going with 2 rooms at a value or mod using AAA discount. We got a rate of $75 per night at a value or $116 a night at a mod with AAA. AKL was $182 a night. I mentioned POFQ with the trundle bed or using a family suite. I gave her this website to come and get help with her trip. Not sure she will sign up or not. She has never been to Disney before so doesnt know what to expect... I assume she thinks booking the room is the easy part. I will mention the ME and EMH etc and the DDP. And offer her suggestions on cheaper alternatives. As a family of 6 I know all too well the trouble booking with more than 4! We ended up having to go with 2 rooms at CSR because the deluxe at WL was just too darn expensive!

During Value season the price for a standard view AKL room (least expensive that will sleep 4 is $215 a night.
(A family Suite is $179 during the same time period)

A deluxe Savanna room with bunks (least expensive room that sleeps 5 )duing value season is $375.

Here is link that tells room types, number of persons allowed in a room, seasons and the rates for 2007.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2007.htm#VALUE

Thanks for the link. I did not realize that there was such a price difference. She may not want to upgrade in that case. More sense to get two lower priced rooms and have two bathrooms.

BIG SIGH Can't you just hear it?

Poor woman, I'm sure it has been a trying time for her and the kids. If she's never been how about just lending her your Passporter or UG to look at and getting her on the DIS?

Disney is just so different than anyplace else, I'm sure she hasn't gotten the whole picture yet. You are bring a great friend and I'm sure she appreciates it.

My DH and I travel with 4 kids all the time and have been for many, many years (yup, we have six kids but occasionally one grows up, stays behind, or we add a new one!) and room size, occupancy levels, and sleeping arrangements are often the biggest headache of our trips (not just Disney).

Ask her in for a cup of joe or tea and show her pics from allears.net or just pop over here. It realy doesn't take long to figure it out. Disney is different b/c so much is linked to your reservation.

And airmattesses are a life saver, they can be packed easily, help the boy/girl sharing a bed thing and can be put away during the day time in a snap.

No, I am not recommending breaking any rules. I just wanted to say that coming from a large family and now having one of my own, being together for a week of family time is not such a big issue with us. We share well, we know how it works and just have it down to a science I think so it's not about room so much as legally getting that room.

Let us know how it works out. I'd be happy to chat with her. Just PM me.

When is she going? I forget? Maybe if she gets free dining that makes more money for room look like that much less to pay! It sure did for us!

These questions are always hard to answer because I never want to encourage folks to break the rules but then I'm can't be self righteous because I've broken a few rules a time or two. I usually give the standard answer.
"No problem just don't get mad if Disney decides to enforce the rules or you get caught".

Just food for thought:

Why does it matter? Who cares how many people you sneak in?

Its fire code. Thats it. Not only are you supposed to have X amount of people per square foot, but lets say worst case scenerio your building catches on fire and burns to the ground. Disney has a list of all the guests staying in that building, only you brought in 3 more than you said you did. You and 2 of your kids get out safely. the other 3 you cant find. As far as Disney is concerned, they dont exist, because they werent listed on the reservation.

Now that ive said that!

ASMU Family Suites is the way to go!

Just food for thought:

Why does it matter? Who cares how many people you sneak in?

Its fire code. Thats it.............

There are real fire codes.

There was a interesting thread discussing Disney occupancy level and fire codes a few months ago.

Here is the reply one of the Dis'ner got back from Disney-- Post #60 of this thread

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1287974&page=4

Well guys...I wrote to Disney and inquired about the reasons why a roll-a-way or trundle could not be put in other rooms besides POR -AB. This was there response:

"Although we appreciate your interest, please know Florida safety and
fire codes restrict additional bedding due to the reduction in fire
access and egress."

So, it's technically the bedding that restricts this - not the extra person, or the size of the room. This would explain why they are allowing a 5th person to be booked in a one bedroom through DVC but not supplying the bedding.

I have to say I find this interesting and not what I expected to hear!

Any thoughts?

That thread is interesting to say the least.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Some guests think occupancy limits are solely based on room size.
The room size is not as an important issue as are the width of doorways, widths of hallways, number of stair wells, location of stairways, number of fire walls, number of stories in a building and the total number of persons in a building when determining the fire code in regard to fire access and egress.

------------------------------------------------------

Since 9/11 a lot of the fire codes are stricter especially in regards of the disabled and fire access and egress.

See this website about Resources on Emergency Evacuation and Disaster Preparedness for more info:

http://www.access-board.gov/evac.htm

There are real reasons why hotels/motels have room occupancy limits.

Just a little FYI

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

These questions are always hard to answer because I never want to encourage folks to break the rules but then I'm can't be self righteous because I've broken a few rules a time or two. I usually give the standard answer.
"No problem just don't get mad if Disney decides to enforce the rules or you get caught".
:thumbsup2

To be honest, I don't care if that allows her to take her kids then fine. But somewhere she is going to have to purchase tickets for the extra child, I am sure the CM's can tell the child is not under 3..:rolleyes1

I dont think she has a set time yet to go.. she said "when the settlement check arrives" Not sure about that. I got a rate of $65/nt with my AAA discount so I told her 2 rooms there is cheaper than 1 at AKL anyway!

AKL - there are very few deluxe rooms left due to DVC. And, there is no way I would ever want to share a room, even if it was deluxe with the 4 "kids" she has - those older "kids" are adults - just where is everyone going to sleep, change clothes, and use the bathroom?? While AKL might be a treat, cramming all those people into that space would not be a treat. If she really wants a treat, try a DVC unit (OKW units are huge and really nice) or a FW cabin. Everyone will be happier. I could not image sharing a room with my grown son and I can't imagine he would want to do it either.

EMH won't be an issue, if she books her room, and buys her tickets seperately.. b/c she would jsut show a room key at the parks-- and they will not look at all-- a family would go in together!

We've had to produce room keys for all of us for every evening EMH we've attended the past two trips. So, they do "look at all". We even had to produce room keys for each of us for an EMH morning at MK.

I think another poster said to lend her your passporter. If you do not have one and depending on how close of a friend you are you may want to purchase her one. They have the room layouts in them so she is able to see for herself. Then, there is not any pressure on your part. I know the first time I took my girls to Disney I wanted it to be spectacular. I never was able to do anything like that when I was a kid so I could not picture what it was really like. Maybe that is the way it is with her. We got a room at the ASMO, but I was sure they were going to be disappointed that we could not afford more. The girls decided they wanted more days instead of a nicer resort. Even with all of my planning that first trip (over a years worth :surfweb: ) I was not prepared for what Disney really was like. The book is very informative. If I can get mine back: sad2: I will even send it to you. It is burned into my brain anyway.:rotfl2:

POR is a very nice resort she will enjoy it. :flower3:

She'll have to show her AAA card to get the AAA discount. Somebody else mentioned the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Sounds like a good adventure and a better idea :goodvibes .

She needs to get 2 rooms or a suite. Fire codes, limited space, sharing one bathroom, etc. It would be one thing if she had 2 adults and 3 *small* kids, but she has 2 adults, 1 almost adult, 1 tween, and 1 small child. The 2 teen sons would have to sleep in one bed, she would have to sleep with one of her DDs, and the other DD (probably the 6yo) would have to sleep on the floor. That will be too tight a fit, and they will be very unhappy. If there isn't enough space to spread out. KWIM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter