Moonlight magic registration

I think it's partly where the events are held. I 'think' they let fewer people into Hollywood studios than animal kingdom or Epcot. So a capacity issue...but I could be wrong...
makes sense. The one we got into years ago with no trouble was Epcot.

I’m just totally bummed that I’ll be sitting at AKL that we planned months ago before the dates were mentioned and couldn’t get in.

Were you trying for tomorrow night? I may be able to help you out.

Two family members (different state) came down with pneumonia and strep. Fortunately for us, we haven’t been around them. I’m just waiting on word from another family member.

Were you trying for tomorrow night? I may be able to help you out.

Two family members (different state) came down with pneumonia and strep. Fortunately for us, we haven’t been around them. I’m just waiting on word from another family member.
Yes. Oh yes. It’s just my DH and I.

If anyone has an extra ticket to this Thursday's Hollywood Studios event, please let me know (PM would be great). I had to be in town for business and would be awesome to attend the event. Happy to meet you inside the park or outside to get the wrist bands. Thanks!

So I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the HS Moonlight Magic on Sept 13th through the Early Registration. We had a resort reservation for 9/13-9/15 and I waitlisted for 9/12-9/14. It just came through, but the original resort reservation was cancelled and then this new one was created, so I have a new reservation number. The MM webpage indicates "If you cancel your Resort reservation, your event registration will be cancelled automatically." Called MS in a frantic, but the CM mentioned that the MM tickets are not tied to your resort reservation because the general registration is for people without a resort reservation at all.

Does anyone have any experience similar that can confirm this? Also, MS indicated that they have no way to look up to see if our MM tickets "are still there." Does anyone have a number that I can call? If it's cancelled, so be it - it's my luck. But I really don't want to go into HS to find out.

So I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the HS Moonlight Magic on Sept 13th through the Early Registration. We had a resort reservation for 9/13-9/15 and I waitlisted for 9/12-9/14. It just came through, but the original resort reservation was cancelled and then this new one was created, so I have a new reservation number. The MM webpage indicates "If you cancel your Resort reservation, your event registration will be cancelled automatically." Called MS in a frantic, but the CM mentioned that the MM tickets are not tied to your resort reservation because the general registration is for people without a resort reservation at all.

Does anyone have any experience similar that can confirm this? Also, MS indicated that they have no way to look up to see if our MM tickets "are still there." Does anyone have a number that I can call? If it's cancelled, so be it - it's my luck. But I really don't want to go into HS to find out.

I did confirm, via MS,and have it in writing, that a waitlist filled would not eliminate the tickets, but I did not put one in because I was nervous of what you said happening. I ended up just stalking and changing things as they opened up.

One thing you can do to check is to go back to your original MM email. and log in, as that is how you cancel or modify number of guests. I would also follow up with MS via email about it and say that you were told that a waitlist would not impact it and you want to be sure that it did not.

I did confirm, via MS,and have it in writing, that a waitlist filled would not eliminate the tickets, but I did not put one in because I was nervous of what you said happening. I ended up just stalking and changing things as they opened up.

One thing you can do to check is to go back to your original MM email. and log in, as that is how you cancel or modify number of guests. I would also follow up with MS via email about it and say that you were told that a waitlist would not impact it and you want to be sure that it did not.

Thank you! Unfortunately, the link provided in the email to modify or cancel the tickets is pretty much a dead link. When I click it, it takes me to a MM page that says "Important notice. Online registration is no longer available for this event. Please contact registration assistance via the email link below in order to get information about registering at this time." and no further email link is provided...

Your MS email suggestion is a good one and I will follow through. Thank you!!

I have resort reservations on August 1st for 2 people and a DVC reservation on August 2nd for 4 people. I want to register all 4 of us. This is my first time registering for Moonlight Magic so I'm a bit stressed. Will the system default to the August 2nd reservation and let me register 4 guests?

I have resort reservations on August 1st for 2 people and a DVC reservation on August 2nd for 4 people. I want to register all 4 of us. This is my first time registering for Moonlight Magic so I'm a bit stressed. Will the system default to the August 2nd reservation and let me register 4 guests?
You can register for up to 5 even if there are less people listed on the room reservation.

So I have reservations for the beginning of August but it is thru the membership # for one of my resale contracts. When I provide my membership # to register tomorrow, should I use my membership # for my reservation or the membership # for my direct points (blue card)?

Edit: So just saw this earlier post that appears to answer my question though I haven't seen the e-mail yet (hoping that appears today).
I’m staying on resale points and got the email yesterday. I think eligibility is tied to your digital membership card and since I am DVC-Y, it doesn’t seem to care which membership was used. And I had to use the resale membership number used for the reservation to complete the registration.

Edit #2: So being the Nervous Nellie that I am, I called member services and confirmed that I needed to use my membership # for the reservation. But while on the phone, he also put me on a brief hold to do something in the background and ensure that my reservation would qualify based on my blue card status. So might be worth the call if anyone else is in the similar situation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter