Moonlight Magic not so Magic

Moonlight magic is for DVC members only, right? But not resale DVC members who purchase after April 4, 2016?

:yay: YES! I'll be on the plane there in less than 24 hours! Fun & sun & Disney! Woot! :yay:

We'll be on the plane in 30 hours. But it figures that we haven't had a flake of snow in two months in Chicago, and now they are predicting snow tomorrow. Fingers crossed for no flight delays/cancellations.

We enjoyed ourselves at the event as well. Aside from the People mover and Space Mountain having electrical issues. It was a fun night.

Wish I could have been there for that!

You are welcome. It was one of my favorite fireworks experiences ever, mainly due to the lack of crowds.

I have to give it to the DVC events team. They have stepped up their game.

I have to disagree with the OP as well. Our party enjoyed Moonlight Magic. We thought it was a very nice perk. Its something that doesn't have to be offered. While some of the more obscure character meet and greet lines were a bit long, other then Mine Train, the ride wait times weren't too bad. We also left after the fireworks though when I'm sure there was hardly a wait for anything. The fireworks show was fantastic in my opinion also. While I haven't seen other special fireworks shows like 4th of July or New years Eve, these were definitely the best I have seen at Disney. We would certainly attend one of these again if able to!

About the wait times: at most locations they were definitely posting far too long times. Winnie the Pooh was posting at 20 minute wait and we spent 5 minutes in line. The same was true for Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World and Pirates. All posted far longer wait times than they were in reality.

About the wait times: at most locations they were definitely posting far too long times. Winnie the Pooh was posting at 20 minute wait and we spent 5 minutes in line. The same was true for Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World and Pirates. All posted far longer wait times than they were in reality.

I experienced the same thing with Small World and Jungle Cruise. Didn't want to test the theory with Mine Train though. It was posted at 40 Minutes and we didn't want to risk spending that amount of time at one place with only a couple hours to be there. Small world said 10 minutes and was walk on as was Jungle Cruise.

I have to disagree with the OP as well. Our party enjoyed Moonlight Magic. We thought it was a very nice perk. Its something that doesn't have to be offered. While some of the more obscure character meet and greet lines were a bit long, other then Mine Train, the ride wait times weren't too bad. We also left after the fireworks though when I'm sure there was hardly a wait for anything. The fireworks show was fantastic in my opinion also. While I haven't seen other special fireworks shows like 4th of July or New years Eve, these were definitely the best I have seen at Disney. We would certainly attend one of these again if able to!
We go to WDW particularly for the fireworks! We have seen Dec 30 & 31, and July 3&4 many times. If MK has another moonlight event next year, I'll convince DH we have to be there!!!

A few years ago, I convinced DH we had to go for the Frozen Fireworks at DHS, they were top notch, as the original ones for Star Wars, now with the projections, SW is good, but not nearly as memorable for my tastes.

I experienced the same thing with Small World and Jungle Cruise. Didn't want to test the theory with Mine Train though. It was posted at 40 Minutes and we didn't want to risk spending that amount of time at one place with only a couple hours to be there. Small world said 10 minutes and was walk on as was Jungle Cruise.

Yes, same here! We had a look at the line for Mine Train and it looked like it could be 40 minutes. It is a ride with a low capacity and was certainly a priority for many.

We got in line for Mine Train when there were still regular park-goers in the line. It was listed at 40 then right as we got up to the CM station under the wait sign it changed to 70. The CMs had NO idea why LOL. When they were informed by us they gave the people behind us a red card. :) The CM told us that the line didn't go through the whole area, was a straight shot into the inside, but they just had to clear out the normal park-goers first and then it would speed up. Once we started seeing wristbands on everyone exiting that did indeed happen. We were being seated 36 minutes after getting into the line, which was before the wait time sign.

Since I have only been on it once (and apparently remembered it ALL wrong) and my cousin hadn't even been to New Fantasyland at all, it was well worth it that wait, though it sure did feel like a gamble when we got in line!

We went into the party with low expectations for what we could do. Some food, POTC, Mine Train, and Jungle Cruise. We got those things plus Wishes, Small World, the other fireworks, and Haunted Mansion.

Then we went back to the villa, passed out for 1.5 hours and got up to do the 10K. :)

We go to WDW particularly for the fireworks! We have seen Dec 30 & 31, and July 3&4 many times. If MK has another moonlight event next year, I'll convince DH we have to be there!!!

A few years ago, I convinced DH we had to go for the Frozen Fireworks at DHS, they were top notch, as the original ones for Star Wars, now with the projections, SW is good, but not nearly as memorable for my tastes.

While I can't compare the two personally, I'd definitely recommend checking out the Moonlight Magic fireworks if the chance arises. I've only ever seen the 4th of July/New Years shows on YouTube which look really impressive but computer/TV screens never give fireworks justice.

While I can't compare the two personally, I'd definitely recommend checking out the Moonlight Magic fireworks if the chance arises. I've only ever seen the 4th of July/New Years shows on YouTube which look really impressive but computer/TV screens never give fireworks justice.
I mentioned to DH and he says yes, if they have MM next year, we can go!

I did not attend this event, But i did attend the 25th anniversary membership magic DVC after hours event at Disney's California Adventure last year. I, too, was EXTREMELY disappointed by the large number of people there and extremely long lines. ToT, Soaring, and Cars were all over an hour wait. Almost nothing was walk on, and the lines for character greets were too long also.

I did really enjoy the free snacks though (It was free ice cream, churros, and popcorn) but even the lines for those were so long that we didn't bother until we were in the park for a couple hours and the lines died down. Since we live right next to DL we will definitely be attending the Disneyland Moonlight Magic event, I just hope they admit less people and keep it a little more exclusive (even though the event last year sold out unless than 2 days).

It's definitely not magical for those of us who didn't get tickets. It kills me being on vacation right now and it supposedly being "sold out" and not being able to attend. Can anyone confirm that there are indeed no more tickets even if we are members.

Such a bummer.

It's definitely not magical for those of us who didn't get tickets. It kills me being on vacation right now and it supposedly being "sold out" and not being able to attend. Can anyone confirm that there are indeed no more tickets even if we are members.

Such a bummer.
How many tickets do you need?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter