Moonlight Magic not so Magic

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Posting live from tonight's event. Space mountain not working. Lines 40 long for Seven Dwarfs, and very long for characters. The park is of course not crowded. Nice to have 3 free hours of very low crowds but lines too long to get the best rides AND fireworks in.
Fireworks were beautiful.

No ice cream in any form being served. While I appreciate the free hot dogs and chicken nuggets, they just did not look appealing enough to actually digest. There were carrots and apple slices and cookies, as well as soft drinks. We chose to skip the free snacks.

My personal opinion is that I wouldn't do this again unless it's longer to allow for wait times on the most popular rides.

We're DVC members for a long time and being such, have spent many days in the parks. The travel time to and from the parks and all the walking involved in the park definitely took something away from it being a great experience. Add to it the short late night hours with no general public, wait times -and the best ride being down...to me that equals disappointment.

There are other things for members only, such as the Soarin Tour on Wednesday mornings and the member lounges, that I find much more of an enjoyable perk.

JMHO

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree, we had a great time, longest wait was maybe 15 min for 7 dwarfs everything else was almost walk on, BTM, POTC, HM, pooh. We did 4 characters no lines but we did those in the last 30 mins (Clarice at HM, darkwing duck, max and can't remember her name but girlfriend of chip and Dale), food wasn't spectacular but was ok and it was free, not complaining! Heard there was Mickey bars last year, would have loved it but not a huge deal. We really enjoyed it and thought it was a huge DVC perk.

Jennifer

No Mickey bars???

Sounds like they did nuggets, hot dogs, veggie burgers, carrots/apple slices, and fountain drinks in lieu of ice cream this year. Last year they had ice cream, cookies, chips only.
I'd say that's a net gain actually- but can see other preferring the Mickey bars.

To OP- you lost all credibility to me when you said space mountain- the chiropractor's best friend- was the "best ride" at magic kingdom. 15 years ago I'd agree with you. It's a shell of its former self and in deplorable condition.

How was the line at 8pm to get in? We were going to get our bands at the resort and then head over.

Park was packed the night before so we decided not to go into the park until a little after 10. Therefore, I can't speak to how it was at 8 last night.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree, we had a great time, longest wait was maybe 15 min for 7 dwarfs everything else was almost walk on, BTM, POTC, HM, pooh. We did 4 characters no lines but we did those in the last 30 mins (Clarice at HM, darkwing duck, max and can't remember her name but girlfriend of chip and Dale), food wasn't spectacular but was ok and it was free, not complaining! Heard there was Mickey bars last year, would have loved it but not a huge deal. We really enjoyed it and thought it was a huge DVC perk.

Jennifer

Did the characters stay out until 1am?

Thanks!

Have to completely disagree with OP!

Moonlight Magic at MK was JUST AWESOME! Midnight fireworks were the very best I've ever seen in all my years of Disney - including Wishes, Hallowishes, Christmas fireworks in any park, Star Wars Spectacular, & etc., etc. I'm sure it cost a fortune. Can't believe anything, ever could compare. You tube videos just don't do it justice. And we didn't have to stand in a crowd to see them!

Weather was perfect. Sky was clear & the stars were out. Getting into the park was easy / well organized. We were off site.

Walked on everything. Longest wait was to get a snack and even that line moved quickly for us. Just enough crowd to know you weren't alone. Lots of happy, friendly people and wonderful, happy, cast members. (Granted, we weren't interested in the characters and didn't wait for 7 DMT - there were just so many other rides to do. We would have liked some ice cream, too, but that was such a minor thing overall).

Wish everyone could experience one of these events. Blows all the others out of the running, bar none. My friends are still thanking me over and over. We had a wonderful time! I'm very happy we were able to go!

Did the characters stay out until 1am?

Thanks!

Yes, our last ride was around 12:30 and we first headed to see Constance Hatchaway at HM she was HILLARIOUS! talked about all five of her husbands and why she killed them, completely their fault! :) Looking for hubbie #6. About 12:45 we headed to Storybook circus to see Darkwing Duck we had been by at 10:30 and he had about 20 min line, we got there a little after 12:50, DD had no line saw him, Clarice and Max all within the next 5 mins. I believe as long as you were in line for the character by 1 you got to see them. Im not a huge character fan and I was completely impressed at the character line up.

Jennifer

Have to completely disagree with OP!

Moonlight Magic at MK was JUST AWESOME! Midnight fireworks were the very best I've ever seen in all my years of Disney - including Wishes, Hallowishes, Christmas fireworks in any park, Star Wars Spectacular, & etc., etc. I'm sure it cost a fortune. Can't believe anything, ever could compare. You tube videos just don't do it justice. And we didn't have to stand in a crowd to see them!

Weather was perfect. Sky was clear & the stars were out. Getting into the park was easy / well organized. We were off site.

Walked on everything. Longest wait was to get a snack and even that line moved quickly for us. Just enough crowd to know you weren't alone. Lots of happy, friendly people and wonderful, happy, cast members. (Granted, we weren't interested in the characters and didn't wait for 7 DMT - there were just so many other rides to do. We would have liked some ice cream, too, but that was such a minor thing overall).

Wish everyone could experience one of these events. Blows all the others out of the running, bar none. My friends are still thanking me over and over. We had a wonderful time! I'm very happy we were able to go!

What was the temperature? We're going next Friday and the nighttime forecast has me a bit worried.

So excited about the fireworks!

What was the temperature? We're going next Friday and the nighttime forecast has me a bit worried.

So excited about the fireworks!
It was around 65-70 last night. We brought jackets in case it got cool, but we didn't use them.

While I appreciate the free hot dogs and chicken nuggets, they just did not look appealing enough to actually digest

My cousin is a nugget snob and she had two servings of them. She said they were very good.

Tomorrowland Terrace had a drab looking but absolutely terrific tasting veggie burger.

Too bad you didn't try the food.

How was the line at 8pm to get in? We were going to get our bands at the resort and then head over.

If you have your bands try to "shop" the lines so you aren't stuck behind people just getting their bands.

We are staying at poly so what time can I pick up my wrist bands ...

Our reminder email said 7 at the resorts and you could get in at 8.

Just like the paid parties it's hard to do it all. We kept it simple. Food, POTC, Jubgke Cruise, and 7dwarves. The latter was the longest line because we got in line while the public was still riding. Got in line and it said 40. Got to the cm just as it changed to 70 and the sweet CM couldn't believe it. She gave the guy behind us a timer lanyard and said she would call about the time estimate. She described the queue and how many non Dvc people were in line and didn't anticipate over 30. She was exactly right and that included the time we spent outside the proper queue before we got to her.

We did all of what we wanted plus small world and haunted mansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!