Moonlight Magic not so Magic

We are glad its going to be cool, I love a cool night in the parks, heck I like a cool day in general.

I'm from Chicago. I've got plenty of cool right here. I will happily send some your way, just not next Friday night. :)

Also, we are only bringing backpacks, so I don't have room for tons of layers.

Anyone know if buses were running to non dvc resorts at closing?
yes. Ask which stop to go to. They were only using 1-10. We left just a few minutes after 1am and they were running bus after bus. They did combine them though so like all 3 allstars were one bus. All epcot resorts were on 1 bus. Our bus left at 113am with about 3 minutes wait time on a bus and had about 12 people on it.
Anyone know if buses were running to non dvc resorts at closing?

Have to completely disagree with OP!

Moonlight Magic at MK was JUST AWESOME! Midnight fireworks were the very best I've ever seen in all my years of Disney - including Wishes, Hallowishes, Christmas fireworks in any park, Star Wars Spectacular, & etc., etc. I'm sure it cost a fortune. Can't believe anything, ever could compare. You tube videos just don't do it justice. And we didn't have to stand in a crowd to see them!

Weather was perfect. Sky was clear & the stars were out. Getting into the park was easy / well organized. We were off site.

Walked on everything. Longest wait was to get a snack and even that line moved quickly for us. Just enough crowd to know you weren't alone. Lots of happy, friendly people and wonderful, happy, cast members. (Granted, we weren't interested in the characters and didn't wait for 7 DMT - there were just so many other rides to do. We would have liked some ice cream, too, but that was such a minor thing overall).

Wish everyone could experience one of these events. Blows all the others out of the running, bar none. My friends are still thanking me over and over. We had a wonderful time! I'm very happy we were able to go!
Yay, Carol!! We're going on Friday and I can hardly wait! So glad you had a great time. We all know that attractions can go down if someone's sunglasses fly off their head or whatever - so, fluke stuff like that doesn't ever ruin my experience. Can't wait!

Oh, and I remember last year that a lot of people complained endlessly about "free ice cream" not being that big a deal. People are never happy with anything, it seems to me. I figure that as long as you make *most* people happy *most* of the time, you're doing pretty good!!

My party absolutely loved the event as well. Especially the fireworks were amazing. I think they used some new launch locations that they must have already installed for the new fireworks show coming in May. And some of the shells they used were just spectacular. One in our group has been to plenty of media events at WDW and has seen his share of special fireworks there and he thought this was the second best show after the Millenium fireworks.

We got our wrist bands at the Wilderness Lodge at 6:05pm, had dinner at the new Geysir Point and headed over to the MK where we arrived at a little after 8pm. There was a seperate entrance for those who already had wrist bands (they were using the entrance to the right of the station and the wrist bands were on the left side of that area, so closest to the train station). Bag check was the longest wait of about 5 minutes or so.

We were a bit dissappointed with the lack of ice cream, too. But in the end we loved our late night snack of hot dogs and chicken nuggets at Pinocchios, sitting down for a break. The line looked horrible, but it moved very quickly. I guess that's what happens when they do not have to bother charging you for the food. I was impressed how well staffed they were in there with people preparing drinks and food to be given out.

We went on Pirates a couple of minutes before 1am and were one of the last boats to go through. When we got out of the park, there was a transportation CM telling people which bus stop they had. The event park map said there would be busses to all the DVC resort and if you were staying at a non DVC resort, transportation would be provided, but you ought to check with a transportation CM.

If you have your bands try to "shop" the lines so you aren't stuck behind people just getting their bands.

There was a specific entrance area for those who already had their bands.

Our reminder email said 7 at the resorts and you could get in at 8.

We never got a reminder email and they were definitely ready for check in at the WL at 6pm.

Would have loved to see those fireworks, Carol!

Yes - jealous they don't sprinkle more of these events in all year long!! Hoping for something special to rave about this summer for the Typhoon Lagoon event (if they ever start booking it)!!

We were there last Friday, we got there around 7:30 and the place was PACKED!! Probably because Disney scheduled it the day before the Princess 1/2 Marathon. But as soon as 10 rolled around the place became somewhat empty. Most rides were 15 to 20 minute wait except for Mine train which was 40 minutes (which is not long) but I think that was because Pirates and Space Mountain was not running most of the night. Actually the lines for food at 10 pm were probably the longest. Usually I don't partake until around 11 after most people have gotten their food but I hadn't eaten all day. I was glad to see they offered hot dogs, nuggets, apples, cookies, chips and fountain drinks. Also I was glad to see that you had to wait and order it rather than grab and go like at other after hour events. This way they can manage the food better and those who tend to help themselves to the whole bucket of chips and whole tray of cookies couldn't do so. I was a little disappointed that their was no ice cream, but you can't be picky when it is free. Overall it was a fantastic night and I am looking forward to this Friday.

I was wondering if the person at HM was the ghost lady who is out front on the lawn during MNSSHP? I thought she was only out for that party (she is hilarious though!)

Can someone confirm what time the fireworks were? I've seen midnight and 10 pm posted. Thanks!

Can someone confirm what time the fireworks were? I've seen midnight and 10 pm posted. Thanks!

Pretty sure it was 12:15am as I saw on another board someone questioning why there were fireworks at that hour of the night. She lives near MK.

There was a seperate entrance for those who already had wrist bands (they were using the entrance to the right of the station and the wrist bands were on the left side of that area, so closest to the train station).

That was very NOT obvious for us! Did not see any signage for that. Did you get a pic of the signs?

We had no wait at the bag check coming from bay lake but did have a wait to get in because we didn't see any lines for those who already had bands.

Pretty sure it was 12:15am as I saw on another board someone questioning why there were fireworks at that hour of the night. She lives near MK.

The fireworks were scheduled for midnight, but were delayed for 15 minutes. I was very annoyed as that cost us 15 minutes of party time. However, I totally forgot my annoyance once I saw the fireworks, just remembered it now, when I read the two pos about the start time.

That was very NOT obvious for us! Did not see any signage for that. Did you get a pic of the signs?

We had no wait at the bag check coming from bay lake but did have a wait to get in because we didn't see any lines for those who already had bands.

No, I did not get a picture. It was not obvious at all, there was a single CM who spotted our wristbands and directed us into the entrance area, some of our party were already heading towards the long lines. We could have easily missed it, too.

We had an amazing time! I was very pleased to see people being stopped and checked for wrist bands at rides. In the first hour or so, we saw several people turned away from rides and told the park was closed due to a private event. The fireworks were amazing, and we were very glad we had the opportunity to see them. Personally for us, we would rather have the hot dogs and nuggets over "snacks". It was nice to have something more substantial than ice cream to eat. I would go back for another party anytime!

We were in the line at the turnstyles when a CM spotted us with our bands on and directed us to the "with bands" line. We checked in at Boardwalk about 6:30. Great night. I do,however, wish they had not scheduled the party during race weekend when we had to be up at 3:30 the next morning. We didn't stay for the fireworks for that reason. These comments really make me regret not staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter