Moonlight Magic AK

poohbear12880

Mouseketeer
We’re hoping to go to the AK Moonlight Magic in July but I am very worried that I will miss the email for registration. When can I expect it? Also, does anyone know what food vouchers are included? Thank you!

We’re hoping to go to the AK Moonlight Magic in July but I am very worried that I will miss the email for registration. When can I expect it? Also, does anyone know what food vouchers are included? Thank you!

I think registration has been about a month before the first date, so I expect an email in June at some point. I'm hoping for the August date for myself :D

I think registration has been about a month before the first date, so I expect an email in June at some point. I'm hoping for the August date for myself :D

Us too. I'm super worried about whether anyone will be available to register when it opens though.

We are REALLY hoping to be able to go. Someone may need to take a few hours off work. Depends on the day.

We have reservations for both the Aug and Sept MM events at AK.
We will be at one or the other, maybe both, if the numbers comes up good.

My daughter ang grandson are flying into Tampa from UK on July 26th . They land at 4:30 which is plenty of time to drive to AK MM.. My problem is that I rented all points for someone's Aulani Vaca. I would have to borrow. I would hate to book a room and not get MM tickets. Do you think I have a chance for tickets without a reservation? Our use year is December so there is time to use the points. Thoughts please.

My daughter ang grandson are flying into Tampa from UK on July 26th . They land at 4:30 which is plenty of time to drive to AK MM.. My problem is that I rented all points for someone's Aulani Vaca. I would have to borrow. I would hate to book a room and not get MM tickets. Do you think I have a chance for tickets without a reservation? Our use year is December so there is time to use the points. Thoughts please.
You could also just pay cash for a room Doesn’t even have to be deluxe

if you don’t get the tickets cancel the cash room

I have two memberships. I have gone to multiples using my two different membership numbers before.
My two reservations in Aug and Sept are each under different memberships numbers.
same but, never considered doing a repeat at the same park.

well, the MK one was our favorite lol.

I would love to be able to enjoy the September one at AK just to tick off all the boxes :). Otherwise, can’t say we spend much time there each trip.

Also, does anyone know what food vouchers are included? Thank you!
We had 3 vouchers each at HS on Tuesday. All three are for "snacks." One is specific for a Popcorn bucket. I think DH took a snapshot of the vouchers. If he did, I can upload it later.

I think the last party we attended before the pandemic may have been at AK. I remember that you had the option to grab dinner at several different locations. That's not the case this year.

ETA - these are the vouchers we had on the 24th:
MMHS Voucher Front.jpgMMHS Voucher Back.jpg

Last edited:
You could also just pay cash for a room Doesn’t even have to be deluxe

if you don’t get the tickets cancel the cash room
I would only be doing this double cause we already had our reservation before the dates of the MM came out. We were going to do MNSSHP in Sept, already had GFV booked for Sept stay, but decided to save the money and do another free event.

I know it's just at guess at this stage, but anybody care to guess what time the events at AK will begin? Or better yet, what time they will start letting in guests? What time did the event at AK start pre-COVID?

Considering AK closes earlier than the other parks, I would think the event would be earlier (maybe start letting in guests at 5pm with a 7pm closing?). Just trying to be proactive and schedule some ADRs around one of the events - thanks!

I know it's just at guess at this stage, but anybody care to guess what time the events at AK will begin? Or better yet, what time they will start letting in guests? What time did the event at AK start pre-COVID?

Considering AK closes earlier than the other parks, I would think the event would be earlier (maybe start letting in guests at 5pm with a 7pm closing?). Just trying to be proactive and schedule some ADRs around one of the events - thanks!
In 2019:

Because you registered for Disney Vacation Club® Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, we have been roarin’ to tell you important information, before you get ready to party. We’ve got an exciting night ready for you – featuring favorite Disney Characters, a DJ dance party, shorter-than-usual attraction wait times and more!

(Please note: Kilimanjaro Safaris will close at 10:00 PM as they are not party animals, and some of the Park's other most popular attractions may close early, pending capacity, so please plan accordingly.)

Here’s everything you need to know:

Event Date: Thursday, July 18, 2019

Event Time: 9:30 PM - 12:00 AM. Members and Special Guests may enter the Park as early as 6:00 PM to get a head start on the fun.

At two pre-covid AK MM parties, we were let in at 6PM.

Wow, so it could be just as late as the events at the other parks. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter