Moonlight Magic AK

Anyone knows what traffic looks like ok I75
The traffic cams show wall to wall slow traffic north and south with emergency vehicles out there. It has been like this on the local news too for a while now.
The flood warnings are worrisome. I noticed when driving here that the highways, even major roads get very full of water. Hydroplaning is a big risk.

Last edited:
As Ariel620 mentioned above, it looks like the parks are closed wed and thurs:
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/wea...0220927-5ziuk3a5zzdarbzhdvat2sw53m-story.html
"Both Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando will close Wednesday and Thursday as Hurricane Ian approaches Orlando, the theme parks said Tuesday afternoon.

Universal announced its closure around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday, with Disney following just before 4 p.m. The major theme parks trailed SeaWorld and Legoland, which had already declared they were shutting down on Wednesday and Thursday."

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/wea...0220927-5ziuk3a5zzdarbzhdvat2sw53m-story.html

"Both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney and Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights are canceled for days the parks are closed."

As Ariel620 mentioned above, it looks like the parks are closed wed and thurs:
"Both Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando will close Wednesday and Thursday as Hurricane Ian approaches Orlando, the theme parks said Tuesday afternoon.

Universal announced its closure around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday, with Disney following just before 4 p.m. The major theme parks trailed SeaWorld and Legoland, which had already declared they were shutting down on Wednesday and Thursday."

"Both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney and Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights are canceled for days the parks are closed."
The last map shows the center of the storm going right through WDW. There's no way they could stay open.

Newest map pulls it away from Disney and just to the west of the airport. This is waaaay too close to me. =:P

Thanks! We left the Riviera at 9 am this morning (Tuesday). Traffic along the Florida Turnpike and I-75 north to Georgia was normal. No delays to speak of.

We passed many hundreds of cherry picker trucks as we drove home, all heading south on I-75 towards Tampa.

View attachment 705827
We left this morning, a day earlier than planned. We lost count of the number of those trucks we passed on I-75 on our way back to TN, we estimated at least 300 of them today heading south.

We were pretty bummed to not be able to do the MM, we missed 2 back in May 2020 that landed on our trip but of course they didn’t happen because of the Covid closure. We feel like the universe just doesn’t want us to do a MM.

That said, given what others went through for both of these events, it’s tough to get too upset for having an event cancel at a theme park, but if I didn’t say we were bummed wouldn’t be completely honest. I just hope everyone remains safe. We were glad to get out before the heavy rain and winds started. The footage from the coast on the Weather Channel doesn’t look good.

We left this morning, a day earlier than planned. We lost count of the number of those trucks we passed on I-75 on our way back to TN, we estimated at least 300 of them today heading south.

We were pretty bummed to not be able to do the MM, we missed 2 back in May 2020 that landed on our trip but of course they didn’t happen because of the Covid closure. We feel like the universe just doesn’t want us to do a MM.

That said, given what others went through for both of these events, it’s tough to get too upset for having an event cancel at a theme park, but if I didn’t say we were bummed wouldn’t be completely honest. I just hope everyone remains safe. We were glad to get out before the heavy rain and winds started. The footage from the coast on the Weather Channel doesn’t look good.
What time did you leave on Wednesday morning and how was traffic?

What time did you leave on Wednesday morning and how was traffic?
We pulled out of AKV around 8:15am. The toll road leading from the west gate to the turnpike, 429 I think it was, was eerily empty. Dark clouds, rain, and no one on the road, my wife was initially concerned we didn’t get out early enough. The turnpike was good, more traffic for sure, but not packed and fast moving. Joining 75 was good too. Honestly no slow downs until we got just south of ATL, but that wasn’t because of Ian, it’s just ATL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter