Moonlight Magic 2019?

Glad to hear that even the delayed people are getting in. Might be a bit crowded in the park, but I'm sure it will be fun.

Here are my lessons learned for those that will register for the next Moonlight Magic Event:
(1) If you are not using member-eligible points for your stay, you should call MS the day before, or be prepared to call MS the morning of registration to get things sorted out. I had been warned of this by a very helpful poster in a different thread, but I didn't bother. I thought with the 'new system' they would have corrected their oversights. In addition, we received an email invite to register for the event. I assumed that meant their system had checked us as already being eligible. Apparently not.
(2) If you receive an error after entering your membership number, read the error page carefully (and quickly). Near the bottom there is clickable text that says close this window (or something similar). Do NOT click this link. Look a few lines above that clickable text for a different sentence that is clickable. I don't remember the exact wording but it was something along the lines of : if you think you entered your membership number in error, click here. (It really should say TRY AGAIN, but it doesn't). Click that and you can enter your membership number again. Since you can keep trying, try all your member numbers (especially the number that you made the reservation with, if applicable). Might as well try all avenues.
(3) In the end, I ended up registering with my non-member eligible membership number. At first, when the MS supervisor asked me for my membership number, I asked her which one. She said, either. I gave her my member-eligible number (not the one that had the reservation). She tried fixing that and said to register. It didn't work. We tried that a few times, then she asked me to try the other member number (white card). That worked. I don't know if she did something to make it work or if it just worked. (Because we received an email invite, I have a suspicion that it might have worked if I tried the non-member number from the start, but I didn't so I don't know for sure) But anyway, I think it is worth it to try all member numbers since the system will boot you out if you do nothing (i.e. wait on hold for MS).
(4) Calm down. It is a bit stressful when the system doesn't work, but it should work out okay if you are patient. Spending 60 minutes on this this morning wasn't ideal, but I enjoyed my coffee and this thread to pass the time. And Trivia. The waiting page has trivia (don't click anything though just read).

RSVP popped up right at 9 hit it and was already 2000 ahead of me moved fast a sent me to another area half way thru imputing my info it threw me out i went back in at 1000 ahead of me went to 236 and paused, finally completed my page, only problem is 1 of my guests booked to late at all sports so he cant go, but the rest of us are in, that was way to much work

Did you click the link before or after 9:00AM? Click it before 9AM and you get a randomized spot in line (which it looks like you did since 2000 is a pretty good number). After 9AM you get in the back of the queue. This system is way better than trying to handle first come first served at exactly 9:00AM.

Overall the system had its problems, but the approach they employed was smart and fair.

The registration page says that both events are only 50% full right now.

I saw that message also but then when it took me to the page to register, it says currently filled to capacity and to keep checking back in event of a cancellation.

I saw that message also but then when it took me to the page to register, it says currently filled to capacity and to keep checking back in event of a cancellation.

The 50% message was as of 11:21am ET so I wouldn't be surprised if it is no longer valid.

I checked right before I posted but they may be factoring in the slots held back for the next round of registrations.

I checked right before I posted but they may be factoring in the slots held back for the next round of registrations.
I don't think they hold back slots for a next round. In the past they sold out day 1 and there were never any available for members without reservations.

Well it ended up my husband registered for it this morning, and I stayed in bed. He didn't seem to have any issues but I would've been too anxious. I'm excited we get to go to our first member event.

Any thoughts as to why?
It holds more people.
I had gotten in last year, but was ill, and couldn’t attend. Looking forward to going this year! Plus, we’ll be at the Poly, so easy to get there!

It holds more people.
I had gotten in last year, but was ill, and couldn’t attend. Looking forward to going this year! Plus, we’ll be at the Poly, so easy to get there!

I wonder how many people they are letting in for this event...

You don’t get tickets. You get a wristband at your resort about 1 hour before the event and the member has to show their ID.

So we will be able to pick up our wrist bands at 2pm. They're telling us we can enter the park at 3PM

I bet they hold some tickets back for the registration next week.
I was automatically directed to the 12th, maybe because it saw that was the date I'd be there? Anyway, that's the date we wanted anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter