Moonlight Magic 2019?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by recmouse, Oct 2, 2018.

1. TexasChick123

TexasChick123 Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation

It's pretty nuts that the event isn't sold out. I don't have a hotel reservation nor do I plan on attending. When I went in and looked at it (it's been a pretty boring day), I saw the message about over 50% still being available. I hope this one is great and everyone has fun!

2. DaveNan

DaveNan Mouseketeer

Additionally I think people could not get reservations specifically for the event since it was announced so close to the date. The event date was announced in Dec. You had to already have a reservation for 2/5 or 2/12. Many non-members may already be filling the resorts on rented or gifted points. For the ones later in the year, all the central Florida members make one night reservations for the day of the events (you can see it on the RAT as events dates go quickly), and out of area folks may plan their stay around the events. (I did this for DHS last year)

Ben E N likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. toolmanjan

toolmanjan Never enough Disney

I stand corrected 6 pm

Lionessrampant likes this.
  5. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

It didn’t sell out last year either.

n2mm likes this.
  6. TexasChick123

I guess that isn’t too surprising. How many of us can or will just go to WDW on a random Tuesday night in February? People do have jobs, kids in school, and limited vacation time. Not everyone lives close enough to drive it in less than a day either. I know we don’t.

Dean1953 likes this.
  7. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

We went last year and liked the Festival of the Arts in Epcot and decided to go again this year. We are retired, and expect it to be warmer in FL than in NJ in February. I agree, it does not seem a popular time to take children out of school.

8. TexasChick123

Have fun! :cool1:

9. katmittens

katmittens OKW Owner

Was number 2909 when I got on at 9:05 but I had to call MS because I could not open the page I was told to refresh page and then it worked but was still on computer from 9 till 10:15. We have never done this before so looking forward to it. We are staying at all star music and I never had to put in my room reservation number and it directed me to the date of Feb 12.

10. ParkHoppers

ParkHoppers DIS Veteran

Wow! I signed up for the one in DL end of this month and it was sold out in an hour. Maybe because there is only one a year in DL.

11. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

For DL events there is no initial reservation period with the qualification to have an onsite room reservation.

12. ParkHoppers

ParkHoppers DIS Veteran

Right! I got it now. Not enough staying onsite at DW to sell out. How fair would that be to the people who get a shot a week later if it did sell out.

13. motherof5

motherof5 DIS Veteran

It's still at 50% I just checked this morning. I was sure it would book quickly so I'm quite surprised.

14. motherof5

motherof5 DIS Veteran

Maybe that guest will get lucky next week.

15. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

I'm glad there's still room. The first one of the year doesn't usually fill because they don't announce it that far in advance. The fall dates will probably fill. I'll be sure to get on and sign up right away next Wednesday in case it does fill up that day.

16. galaxygirl76

galaxygirl76 DIS Veteran

I did too!! Signed up after getting home from work at 5pm without a problem :)

bobbiwoz and WDW_Ding like this.
  17. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

It was a Sunday night last year. So only a bit better, I think it’s more that it is not far enough out for people to plan.

18. Dean1953

Dean1953 Mouseketeer

Just curious; will there be any mention before February 5 on which characters will be available for meet and greets? I went to the MM at Typhoon Lagoon last June and really enjoyed it but I think that there were only 4 meet and greets and no fireworks. Using the water facilities while my kids preoccupied their time going back and forth from the wave pool to the DJ area made it a hit with everyone in my family. As there will be many more chances to meet characters at MM at MK, it would be nice to know in advance which characters will be there. I’ve looked at you tube videos of last year’s event and if the lineup is the same, I’d like to meet at least 3-4 characters, with oogie boogie at the top of the list (probably because I missed out on an oogie boogie popcorn bucket at the October 25 MNSSHP).

19. ParkHoppers

ParkHoppers DIS Veteran

Working on my Jedi mind tricks as we speak in case I run into any DVC executives at the event.

20. drcoulsey

drcoulsey Mouseketeer

I will be registering for the August AK MM. Other than entering our DVC member number, what other info do you have to enter?

21. nordkin

nordkin DIS Veteran

The number of people and had to check off acknowledgments.

WDW_Ding likes this.