MONTE's DO WL - Day 3

annamonte

Tired of the old tags!
CAST:

DH - hasn't been to Disney in 20 years!
me - Disney fanatic!
DS (6) and DD (3) - 1st Disney trip!

Day 3 - EE AK and MGM
OK, morning already!? 6am wake up call! Showered, dressed and ran down to RF for fuel, I mean coffee! Had little breakfast in room and got ready for 7:30 bus.

Bus came on time and we got in to AK at 8am. We went straight to safari. That was really cool. But, all in all, my family didn't enjoy AK. It didn't "feel" Disney to us. Anyway, ran over to Dinoland and did the Primeval Whirl, twice! That was fun. DS was too small for that roller coaster ride (forgot name). He was dissappointed. Then he mentioned to his dad that he wanted to do "Dinosaur". We asked, are you sure... Yup he said. Ok, we walk over. He goes on line with Dad and then starts crying. He decided not. By this time, it was time for our PS at Donald's Breakfastasaurus. This was by far, the worst Meal we had. The service was horrid! CM didn't bring kids' drinks until we were well into eating our food. The food was OK, but they kept running out and never filling back up... Horrible experience. Waste of money, too.

Actually it turned out to be a waste of a morning because the kids were not having a good time at all. DS wanted to do It's Tough to Be a Bug. OK, let's try. What a mistake!!! DD was hysterical crying and DS was covering his eyes through most of it. Oh, well, let's go somewhere else. Oh, I neglected to mention the weather... it was Suffocatingly (my new word!) HOT!!!! I couldn't even breathe! We bought two waters for our trek to the bus stop and were finished with both bottles in about 3 minutes!

Took bus to MGM. We went to Little Mermaid. Great show! Then, Movie Ride and Muppets 3D. Both were great as usual! While walking back from Muppets, we noticed some characters near the hat. Herc and Meg, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Jafar, Queen of Hearts and Tweedle Dee and Dum. We got on line for Herc and Meg. DD had some great interaction with them. Then she had to see Aladdin and Jasmine. They loved her... especially because she was holding two dolls... Aladdin and Jasmine!!

We rested a bit and realized we could have some ice cream and sit for a good spot for parade. Got great spot and relaxed a bit. The parade was wonderful. Characters came over to kids and patted their heads or high-fived them. Then, Aladdin and Jasmine came over... DD was yelling their names..Guess what? They remembered her, called her name back and Jasmine blew her a kiss! More magic... DD was in heaven! After parade, we took the bus back to WL. Decided to have quiet dinner at WC. Did I mention Quiet... yea right, this is WC! Kids did Pony rides and DD got up to sing a song on the microphone. Dinner was great. I had an awesome steak, DH had meatloaf and kids had.. you guessed it Chicken Fingers!

After dinner, we walked around the lobby and the mercantile. Then, we went to arcade for a little. But, time for bed came again. Kids barely made it to the room before konking out!

You go girl! I can't wait to read the rest. What are the dates that you went on this trip? It was hot and steamy when we went 9/20 to 9/27. Friends of ours are down for the week of 10/4 to 10/11 so I can't wait to hear about that!
These trip reports help with the withdrawl from a Disney vacation and then suddenly you realize you just have all this time to plan the next one out!!

Thanks and smoochies,
Marlton Mom :jester: :wave2:

Marlton Mom... we went 10/1 - 10/8. It was nice the first two days, then... oh boy was it hot!

Some CMs told me it had rained a few days before we came. So, we lucked out with that.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing all the special things that happened to your kids! I love hearing about the magic. ::MickeyMo

We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge in November. My sons are 3 and 5, so we'll be doing a lot of the same things you did. Thanks for sharing how much fun you had. :wave2:

Great report, Most do not know AK is a "HOT" park because of all the folige. My opinion is it is layed out wrong, which means you do a lot of walking to go from one area to the next. They need to put in a train that goes from one part to the next like MK.

We went to the openng in 1998 and said pretty much the same thing then.

I forgot to mention the "pillows" Where did they ever find pillows that flat, our MouseKeeper brought us new ones, as I could hardly turn my head the first morning.

Dont you just love the WL.. it is the only place we have ever stayed and I cant Wait to bring my little tinkerbelle to WDW in 2004

I have enjoyed your trip reports. Sorry you didn't like the Animal Kingdom. Did you get a chance to see the Lion King show? It is a wonderful show. We are going in December, and I can't wait to see the Lion King show again. :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter