Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. I'm basing that assumption on the personal (vs canned) two thread participants have gotten saying that a final decision hasn't been made on the party nights - despite the original announcement.

I was just trying to point out that none of us know what the situation is, and both are just as likely (which is what I said in the part you cut out of the quote). To imply that people are being difficult over a couple hours a couple nights a week simply isn't correct. That's a possibility, yes, but most of the concern being raised has to do party related monorail issues, such as transportation back from the parties and transportation around the monorail loop during "party season".

If these hours are being changed to give them time for the construction at the Grand Floridian or because they are doing major maintenance for the monorail beams, any idea when the monorail will be back to running full hours again? I sure hope things are back to normal before the Christmas/New Year's flood of visitors.

If these hours are being changed to give them time for the construction at the Grand Floridian or because they are doing major maintenance for the monorail beams, any idea when the monorail will be back to running full hours again? I sure hope things are back to normal before the Christmas/New Year's flood of visitors.

Disney originally called these changes permanent, however I believe somewhere in the last 100 pages they went back on that. The length isn't determined though, and I highly doubt things would be back to normal that quickly.

At the risk of being embroiled in another debate that I actually don't care about :p...

It is a cutback. For whatever reasons it's come to pass, it's pretty much the book definition of a cutback. They had a service until x time. Now it's closing a x - 2 time. They are cutting back the hours. It is, by definition, a cutback.

Now, of course, whether the impetus was financial or maintenance related is up for debate and we simply don't know for sure (and I still say that both were factors in the decision and that if it were only one of the factors, the guest convenience may have won out....)

I don't argue with my kids when they are throwing a temper tantrum, so I'll not respond with my counterpoints yet again.

This whole thread is becoming quite amusing with the same dozen or so posters. I admire kaytieeldr for her not letting the posters here get her down. I compared many of the repeat posters here to those on the Disney going downhill gripe session thread and "shock", it's many of the same usual suspects. I'm not even going to try to explain this as a positive change as it's not.

I really have a problem here.You say its not a positive change, yet when it is basically being presented as a problem that is ever so minor, people who think otherwise are throwing a temper tantrum? Lets see now, you can't have it both ways.It is a change that affects disney's high end resort guests.The same people who are dishing out tons of dough for the convience of the monorail.Not everything has a positive spin,its a cutback period!I also read a few posts back that disney didn't raise room prices this year,ah yes they did they raise them same as they do almost every year.

Absolutely. I'm basing that assumption on the personal (vs canned) two thread participants have gotten saying that a final decision hasn't been made on the party nights - despite the original announcement.

Few people have mentioned Epcot, and fewer have been concerned by the combined change in service hours :). Good catch. Frankly, though, guests returning to monorail resorts from Epcot will now be able to go directly to the resort by bus - not have to transfer at the TTC and, in the case of the CR/BLT, ride 3/4 of the way around the resorts loop with multiple stops before finally reaching their resort.

Somebody a bit above was unhappy because they like to take the monorail from MK to Epcot and walk through Epcot to get to their resort? Okay, that person will still have options:
bus from MK to Epcot, walk through the park
ferry from MK to TTC, monorail to Epcot, walk
bus from MK directly to resort
And that's all assuming they're at the MK on a night when it closes to the general public an hour or more before Epcot closes.

Glad to help-a lot of folks visit these forums for help in planning WDW vacations. Leaving out possible details for folks (esp with strollers) is bad information IMO.

Like I said, none of its end of the world, but even above will now be able to go directly to the resort by bus is accurate, but if that's such great news :dance3:-why not close the monorail forever? The whole stroller thing after Illuminations is never pretty at the bus stop in comparison-this may be 4 nights a week. I think some of us just want the facts and the reasons, and what a better place than a discussion forum?

Hoping we hear the resort loop will stay open-and it will be shared on here asap for planners.

I compared many of the repeat posters here to those on the Disney going downhill gripe session thread and "shock", it's many of the same usual suspects. Again, it's all about attitude.

One other thing that thread is an outstanding one.I just find that some posters don't want to hear the total scoop on disney,and that is fine. If you only want positive spins that thread isn't for you!

Glad to help-a lot of folks visit these forums for help in planning WDW vacations. ... I think some of us just want the facts and the reasons, and what a better place than a discussion forum?

God help anyone who comes to this tread for help in planning.:rotfl2:

Few people have mentioned Epcot, and fewer have been concerned by the combined change in service hours :). Good catch. Frankly, though, guests returning to monorail resorts from Epcot will now be able to go directly to the resort by bus - not have to transfer at the TTC and, in the case of the CR/BLT, ride 3/4 of the way around the resorts loop with multiple stops before finally reaching their resort..

Personally, I think is a pretty big assumption. The Epcot monorail would still be running, so why would Disney need buses going from Epcot to the resorts. I am predicting that if you are at a monorail resort when Epcot is open later than MK, you will take the monorail from Epcot to TTC. Then that is where you will pick up transportation to your hotel. That would be quite a bit cheaper than adding in additional buses over to MK, and we know they are always looking at how to streamline costs.

Personally, I think is a pretty big assumption. The Epcot monorail would still be running, so why would Disney need buses going from Epcot to the resorts. I am predicting that if you are at a monorail resort when Epcot is open later than MK, you will take the monorail from Epcot to TTC. Then that is where you will pick up transportation to your hotel. That would be quite a bit cheaper than adding in additional buses over to MK, and we know they are always looking at how to streamline costs.

kaytieeldr post more than likely related to my earlier post, that a GS CM indicated the following in a voicemail response (transcribed) to an email question I sent to GS, "if you were coming from EPCOT, at that time of night, if Magic Kingdom has closed previously, if/before EPCOT, than I would definitely just take the bus from EPCOT to the contemporary instead of going through the Ticket and Transportation Center."

Hope this helps.

A transportation cm already posted that here are 2 new bus routes for late hours. Epcot to TTC & Contemporary and Epcot to Poly & GF.

So my opinions and my views on my vacation don't count? I'm not throwing a tantrum, I'm stating my opinion and facts for my vacation only! For me, this change affects my vacations (and I'm sure others too).

I get it, the boards are for only those with righteous opinions. :worship:

Sorry I posted...I let you continue on with what is so wonderful about this change.

If you read my post further, I stated that the change was not positive. I don't like it as an owner at BLT. I assume that you have also written to Disney to complain as I have. Perhaps this will help. Maybe not. If not, then what choice does one have but to either accept the change or not? That's my only point. I know after going round and round on this issue that I'll never see eye-to-eye on it with many posters on this thread about it. I've tried to point out that despite this negative, there are many other positives over the years. Yet, for each positive item I bring up, someone spins it negatively. How does one argue with someone like that? You just have to agree to disagree. I think some are out to find negative in everything and when something really negative happens like this, it just elevates their frustration to a whole new level. I don't like everything Disney has done over the years. For me, it hasn't gotten to the point it has for many. I still see Disney as an excellent vacation value even if it's not perfect.

I really have a problem here.You say its not a positive change, yet when it is basically being presented as a problem that is ever so minor, people who think otherwise are throwing a temper tantrum? Lets see now, you can't have it both ways.It is a change that affects disney's high end resort guests.The same people who are dishing out tons of dough for the convience of the monorail.Not everything has a positive spin,its a cutback period!I also read a few posts back that disney didn't raise room prices this year,ah yes they did they raise them same as they do almost every year.

Not everyone throws a temper tantrum. Many have been quite reasonable even if we disagree (GadgetRick in particular). Others just seem to think this is the worst thing ever and it's ruining their vacation. I noticed that you too cut off my post where I talked about how one should take action if they don't like it and if that action doesn't help, it's up to them how they choose to accept it or not. And if you noticed, I was not the one to post about room prices so I don't know how that's relevant.

My only point in this whole debate is that yes, it's frustrating & disappointing that Disney has done this. Let's write & call Disney to complain. Let's inform others so they are aware of the issue and might join in the cause to complain. In the end, it's a cut-back that we're going to have to determine makes that much of a difference to where we stay, when we travel or whether or not we go at all. I'm trying to find a word that works other than whining, but I can't seem to find one. I don't mean this in a deragatory manner, but whining isn't going to help fix the problem.

One other thing that thread is an outstanding one.I just find that some posters don't want to hear the total scoop on disney,and that is fine. If you only want positive spins that thread isn't for you!

I do read the thread. It's mostly opinion. I've been hearing the same things for over 10 years, yet my most recent vacation was the best ever. That's not a decline in my opinion, but an improvement.

Again, I don't think Disney's perfect. I disagree with many of the changes over the years, but have also been very happy with many of the additions (don't care for some of them such as the High School Musical stuff or American Idol). But we love Soarin', EE, TSMM, MS. MMY and many of the refurbs and we are looking forward to the Fantasyland expansion. I just wanted to point out that not everyone is in the Disney has gone downhill camp even if we don't like all the changes and even cut-backs.

That stinks. Everyone's gotta take a ferry to the TTC. I guess the walking trails to the Grand Floridian and Contemporary are gonna be used a little more now.

I do read the thread. It's mostly opinion. I've been hearing the same things for over 10 years, yet my most recent vacation was the best ever. That's not a decline in my opinion, but an improvement.

Again, I don't think Disney's perfect. I disagree with many of the changes over the years, but have also been very happy with many of the additions (don't care for some of them such as the High School Musical stuff or American Idol). But we love Soarin', EE, TSMM, MS. MMY and many of the refurbs and we are looking forward to the Fantasyland expansion. I just wanted to point out that not everyone is in the Disney has gone downhill camp even if we don't like all the changes and even cut-backs.

Just chiming in here. The downhill thread is about cutbacks regarding Disney and at the same time raising prices. The thread does have positive posts on it too. It just not always doom and gloom. But I will say that there are legitimate concerns. One of the biggest issues in my opinion is the Disney Dining Plan. This has affected all the restaurants "World" wide. Disney's food choices now are not like they were 5 plus years ago. Plus they have eliminated most the better choices on the menu's such as prime rib. The Disney parties are not what they used to be either. Decorations taken away snacks for kids are not the same as they once were. EPCOT winter of lights has been taken down for their Christmas display. Why? Isn't this all supposed to be part of the "experience"? I can go on and on but I don't want to hyjack this thread. But not everyone has on the rose colored glasses. The last major cutback I see is the monorail system. I think it's ridiculous that they are cutting back on the hours that this transporation system is being used. Why stay and pay for the monorail hotel if you have to take a crowded and sometimes slow bus back to your hotel? Are they really going to be saving that kind of money, especially with gas prices soaring by using the busses?. The whole thing is ludicrous to say the least.

Lastly, Where is the eh hem..."Disney Diifference"?

Brunette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter