Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
flicx said:
I really have a problem here.You say its not a positive change, yet when it is basically being presented as a problem that is ever so minor, people who think otherwise are throwing a temper tantrum?
I don't think so. I think KSDisneyDad's point was that while most participants in this thread are discussing the problem, some are pretty much throwing tantrums about the changes.

You know, I really haven't seen any tantrums.Differences of opinions but not tantrums!:confused3

I've been following this thread since the first page and I can't believe it's still going! :laughing:
Ahem...

This is the thread that never ends...
Yes, it goes on and on my friends...
Some people started posting stuff not knowing what it was...
And they'll continue posting stuff forever just because...

/takes bow
/dodges bricks.

This isn't even a cutback. It's a change. You take a boat or bus instead of a boat or monorail - for the time being, up to three hours two nights a week. That's the included transportation. There's always the taxi option for people who loathe change.

I only quoted YOU! First, it's a tiny cutback, but now it's a change..? :lmao:

I pay fantasy prices.. for my Disney vacation..and I expect magic and pixie dust.:thumbsup2

Do you have an issue with positive thinking overall? That wasn't a defense-of-WDW statement, it was a simple fact. Much of the attitude on this thread is so doom & gloom, I just thought it would be nice to point out the world isn't ending.

Not an issue with positive thinking, just an issue when someone never admits something which may be negative. Sometimes things are negative you know...

You must not get it then. One of the biggest signs of maturity is calling other people immature when they don't agree with you ;).

What's ironic about this is that I actually agree that taking the monorail away is (1) a cut-back and (2) frustrating and disappointing. What I disagree with is how some on this thread handle their frustration and disappointment. I don't expect anyone to jump with joy. I don't even care if someone says that the negatives over the past few years outweigh the positivies as many have said. We can all agree to disagree with those issues.

But when you try to reason with some posters, it's obvious that this is just too upsetting to them to try to even acknowledge your points. Instead of coming back with reason and logic, it's just more "but it affects me and it's just not fair". Tell those people affected by the famine in Somalia about fair when you're riding the bus back from dinner vs the monorail. ;)

I have posted in the past about some moves Disney made that upset me personally. I still vividly recall one poster who said that I was acting silly and ungrateful because of all those who can never afford a Disney vacation and would love to be able to just do it once in a lifetime. Although I disagreed about having the right to complain and discuss it and to try to get others to write Disney (which by the way many have and Disney appears to be changing their policy), I still try to keep in mind how fortunate we are to vacation with Disney on an annual basis. As long as the value is there, we will continue this. If it gets too expensive for us compared to the perceived value received in return, we will vacation elsewhere. But I hope to never act that spoiled or ungrateful again. That's why my complaints anymore are tempered. It's all relative. Although losing monorail service after hours is very disappointing to me as an owner at BLT, I don't want to come across as being too good to ride a boat or bus. Life is too short IMO.

Was it over the top to refer to the person's post as a tantrum. Probably, but I was trying to make a point about it's all how we handle the situation that determines the type of person one is IMO. Life isn't fair, but hopefully life is good for each of you.

TLSnell1981 said:
I only quoted YOU! First, it's a tiny cutback, but now it's a change..? :lmao:
Contrary to the trend in this thread, I'm able to adjust my view. It really isn't a cutback, though, and I was wrong to fall in with the 'cutback' point of view. By the way, interesting laugh there. Or rather, that it was felt the lmao smiley was an appropriate response to a serious post.

I pay fantasy prices.. for my Disney vacation..and I expect magic and pixie dust.
That's nice. It really is. Since you now know that some of the magic and pixie dust you expect may not be available in the form in which you expect some of the time during which you expect it to be available, and since you have plenty of notice, you're more than capable of making a well-informed decision on how to handle the fantasy prices you choose (or chose) to pay.

That's nice. It really is. Since you now know that some of the magic and pixie dust you expect may not be available in the form in which you expect some of the time during which you expect it to be available, and since you have plenty of notice, you're more than capable of making a well-informed decision on how to handle the fantasy prices you choose (or chose) to pay.
Plenty of notice? Disney STILL hasn't decided, what to do, regarding party nights.They are waiting for what...???

Of course, we are, outside our cancellation window. Oops, I forgot, about my non-refundable airline tickets.;) guess, I need to buy trip insurance.. to protect myself from this sort of thing? Never mind, I'm sure, it wouldn't be covered. lol

Plenty of notice? Disney STILL hasn't decided, what to do, regarding party nights.They are waiting for what...???

Exactly. My fam can and will work around anything they change-or vacation elsewhere if we choose, just for cripes sakes pick a schedule and go with it. But I do have a friend/fam (yes with a stroller) looking at October (I realize that's a whole 2 months away :rolleyes:) but whats so wrong with knowing the monorail schedule before you choose a resort?

Of course, we are, outside our cancellation window. Oops, I forgot, about my non-refundable airline tickets.
Unless you bought them as a package, nothing says you can't still go and (gasp!) stay offsite.

But when you try to reason with some posters, it's obvious that this is just too upsetting to them to try to even acknowledge your points. Instead of coming back with reason and logic, it's just more "but it affects me and it's just not fair".

Maybe because all the deluxe monorail resorts just aren't nearly as special now.....people feel they were "special" and now they know they are just a normal disney guest like.....geez the values! :scared1:

Just kidding, but I agree that reasonableness or even logic left this argument a long time ago.

That stinks. Everyone's gotta take a ferry to the TTC. I guess the walking trails to the Grand Floridian and Contemporary are gonna be used a little more now.

Watch out for the alligators on that trail leading to the Grand Floridian. ;) :rotfl2:

In fairness, there are also those on the other side who can see no fault with anything and imply that those who don't like a change must have something wrong with them. I wouldn't like this if we still stayed at a monorail resort since I loved to visit the other resorts late at night and part of the fun was the monorail but I would deal with it or change my reservations.

Maybe because all the deluxe monorail resorts just aren't nearly as special now.....people feel they were "special" and now they know they are just a normal disney guest like.....geez the values! :scared1:

Just kidding, but I agree that reasonableness or even logic left this argument a long time ago.

I know you're kidding, but I think a lot, or some people, think this. And it's not true, at least not for all of us that stay at the monorail resorts. How I see it is this - we pay a premium price for a deluxe resort. Doesn't make us better or worse than anyone else. We're not rich by any means, but we splurge for our Disney trips, to stay Deluxe. DISNEY Deluxe, which I think almost everyone agrees does not equal Deluxe in the "real world", in terms of luxury accomodations, amenities, etc. But there are definite deluxe perks - great pools with waterslides, larger rooms, etc. But the biggest one of these, for those 3 (4 with BLT) Deluxes on the monorail, is that convenient mode of transportation. That's a big part of what we're paying for. So to see any cuts to that at all (and I do see it as a cutback)...well, we definitely see it as a negative. It's decreasing the value of what we pay for. Doesn't mean we think we're too "special" to ride a bus. Just means that for some of us, the monorail transportation is a BIG part of why we're willing to pay more for the Deluxe Monorail resorts.

Now is it a negative on the scale of famine in Somalia? Obviously not. Is it a negative that means I won't stay at the Polynesian? No. This slight cutback does not negate everything good about staying there, but as I said, I do see it was a slight decrease in value.

And depending on the time of year you travel, it can be a bigger decrease in value. Right now, not so much. There's still monorails running quite late every night. But in January, when the MK closes at 7? To not have a resort monorail available at 8:30 (supposedly, I understand that's not 100%) - to me, that's a bit larger decrease. Isn't one MORE likely to want to visit the monorail resorts in the evening if the parks are closed earlier? Seems to me that makes sense. And now it's going to possibly be more inconvenient.

Also, the Epcot monorail is important too, especially if the resorts have to share buses. Epcot convenience is a huge part of why we choose the Poly in particular, monorail right to the TTC and that lovely walk from there. So simple. I understand the bus will go directly to the Poly, but it also sounds like it shares...not very deluxe.

Again, a deal breaker? No. It's not like the monorail's gone altogether. But definitely seen as a negative and a drop in value/convenience by most or all Deluxe Monorail resort guests, I would think.

Has anyone who actually has a reservation at one of the monorail resorts actually called them and told them that they want compensation or they will change their trip plans? If so, what did Disney actually say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter