Monorails and Memories- Nov. 7- Mary Lou & Rob WP/CG/Epcot DP

Love the welcome bags you made Lulu, it looks like you really went out of your way to make sure everyone had a great time.

I can't wait to read more.:goodvibes

Great instalment!! We are also planning to do a relaxed pool night, so I am glad to read that you did that and it went really well! It looks like everyone had a great time, which is what it should be about. I also love that your DH added some pixie dust for the kids, they really love stuff like that, it will create some wonderful memories!

Thank you, Krysten! I am sure you are off for your magical memories right about now!! <3

Love the welcome bags you made Lulu, it looks like you really went out of your way to make sure everyone had a great time.

I can't wait to read more.:goodvibes

Thank you so much! I have to try to find a close up picture, but you get the idea :) I hope they all had a fabulous time!

Day 2- Breakfast at CRT and Family time at the Magic Kingdom

It was our second full day and we had early reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table. We wanted to take our flower girls to meet the princesses and I bought each of them a princess dress. When my ring bearer/nephew found out, he wanted to go, too! So, we ended up with 2 girls, 2 moms, 1 boy and the bride and groom for breakfast in the Castle!

I made a special invitation to give to each of the girls.

4067128139_e8332c4b3b.jpg

4067880750_5d825160f1.jpg

One got the Cinderella dress and one got Belle!

Here is my niece getting hers-

4488402902_e6582008e7.jpg

My brother made my family coordinating t shirts to wear for today as a surprise. Boys got blue, girls got red. :)

4399391507_69a04dd518.jpg

Early morning princess!

4400159924_2ba4c7abe6.jpg

Walking over to the MK

4399392987_5a47245c30.jpg

4399398909_3e6e2d2bfb.jpg

I had to stop at Guest Relations with my fiance to exchange our wedding vouchers for our free Annual Passes!!

Soon we were inside, walking down Main Street!

I wanted to check out the castle to see if the lights were up yet and how they looked (since we were doing a MK shoot).

4400169844_e5a6496ab2.jpg

You can see them but Disney does a great job of making them blend in during day time hours!

We were on time for our reservation, but we had to wait for the other flower girl to arrive, so we had some fun with the kids while we waited!

4487755005_a9cd054386.jpg

4399413819_f09d00599d.jpg

4400191608_c0d7db3750.jpg

4400194082_cc0b3dfa24.jpg

We all picked out what we wanted to do with the rest of the day!

4400178318_8fb7564810.jpg

I loved the Fall decor! Pumpkins are so Cinderella!

Soon they let us through the doors to wait there.

4399429381_9dc5b81fb2.jpg

Beautiful tree!

4400198610_ac4e73bedb.jpg

Jaq and Gus!!

4400201326_70286b9f3e.jpg

Gorgeous gothic architecture!

We will get to our special Castle breakfast in our next episode!! :)

Day 2 continued

Finally my other flower girl arrived with her mom! It turns out she wasn't feeling like wearing the dress today. Kids will be kids. I was just happy we were all here and ready to head up to a wonderful breakfast with the princesses!

4399436827_ac105760f8.jpg

The princesses were already in party mode, working the room! :)

We were led to our table and I noticed our table was full of pixie dust and wishing stars and a special gift for me! A single rose in a beautiful bright pink!

4399437255_87256582b2.jpg

I was so surprised!

4399439331_b917ca18ce.jpg

Then, I noticed there was a black jewelry box, attached to the stem! And another hidden Mickey crystal in there! Rob was excited for me to open it up!

There was a beautiful bracelet inside!

The server was great and explained our options- a healthy breakfast, which one of us got and a traditional bacon and stuffed french toast type breakfast which the rest of us had!

The princesses started to arrive at our table!

4399440295_531483fd7c.jpg

4399440731_8939079e3a.jpg

4399441253_21e9f75092.jpg

4399441675_b9fd4ea44a.jpg

4399442149_843682cb97.jpg

4400211218_6c78e51520.jpg

4400211810_4f2d87e26e.jpg

My niece asked me to be in this picture for some reason!

4400212718_fc09fc46d7.jpg

I love this pic. This is her favorite princess!

My niece's is Ariel, who was busy under the sea today!

4400214096_c47252e554.jpg

So we turned our attention to breakfast instead! Mmm. Disney bacon!

4399445921_ab23c8d851.jpg

and croissants!

4399446347_cbd3d43688.jpg

My nephew did NOT want to take pictures with any princesses. He was more excited about being IN the castle. When we got up to leave, he was disappointed he couldn't explore the castle more, so we let him go over to the windows to get a better idea of where we were. He seemed to love that!

They were so happy to meet Cinderella!

4399446347_cbd3d43688.jpg

Rob and I snuck in, too!

4400215920_e89b1d019a.jpg

After breakfast, we met up with the rest of my family for some fun time in the Magic Kingdom!

4399457893_c8f4e2499f_b.jpg

Best Man and his family

4400252130_6b77a68742_b.jpg

My niece, aka the "line leader", marching with my aunt ahead of our pack.

4399502077_e23ab3c1ef_b.jpg

Here you can see how my whole family is in red and blue shirts. My *brother* actually made these as a surprise for me. I had mentioned doing it, but didn't have the time, how sweet is that?? (And men don't usually think of things like that!) <3

The first thing we did as a family was to take a family picture in front of the Castle! (I have to scan it in as it wasn't on our camera)

After our picture, we headed over to our first attraction together. Since we were already close to Fantasyland, I thought PhilharMagic would be something that all ages would love.

4399544227_76a5c55c9b_b.jpg

:wizard:

4399776781_5f45c23e9a_b.jpg

The sunlight is not flattering, but I LOVE this picture of my niece and me in front of the castle anyway! She is so cute!

So, then we decided to head over to Adventureland and go to the Tiki Room!

4487755223_37fb608cf1_b.jpg

4488405232_dc155911c0_b.jpg

My brother looks like he is calling security on the tikis or something here lol.

4487756599_690e80df25_b.jpg

4488404984_c771a940b8_b.jpg

It was a HOT day; we all lotioned ourselves up!

4488404782_5f67e646d3_b.jpg

Then, we did Pirates of the Caribbean! My niece and nephew LOVED Pirates, which is funny because when I was little, I hid in the bottom of the boat, I was so scared!

4946743305_dc8a4db0f5_b.jpg

I LOVE this picture of my niece and nephew; brother and sister!! pirate:

4488407876_d62ff1d3b5_b.jpg

These were real cast members! Everyone loved looking at them and wondering if they were real or not!

After Pirates, my nephews wanted to go do some coasters that the little ones couldn't do, so we all sort of split up around here.

The Haunted Mansion was next!

4487758217_c2c9bddd06_b.jpg

4487757957_335850926c_b.jpg

My nephew also did the Tomorrowland Speedway.

By then, my niece was sleepy and my parents weren't far behind!

4488406876_8b59b4c025_b.jpg

4488406622_f2eec59c37_b.jpg

My niece LOVED playing with the rose Rob got me that morning!

We stopped for a late lunch at Cosmic Ray's and my parents and fiance went back to their rooms. I stayed to do one more ride because my nephew wanted to do the Jungle Cruise. So, I figured I'd do that and then run back to get ready for my girls' night after that.

The line was super long and my niece wanted me to hold her, so I have no pics of that part. I was holding a sleeping three year old! lol It was a lot of fun. The best part of a Disney wedding is spending time in Disney with your family and friends, making memories!

I ended up running late (ask anyone who knows me I am Last Minute Lulu for a reason) and when I got home, (am I the only one who says "go home," when I mean "go back to the Disney resort"?) I already had my MOH and her BF (now fiance!) there. Thoughts were flying through my mind: This is it! This is my Disney wedding weekend! Time is flying so fast! It was like a whirlwind of happiness and anxiety. I don't think I have ever felt that strong of an adrenaline rush. My eyes were permanently open. I don't remember blinking! I struggled to get ready; I wanted to look "perfect" for pictures, but I didn't have the time. Now, I look back and I am pink and sweaty, but oh-so-happy! :) It is much better than any expensive liquid eyeliner that I bought but never applied that weekend ;)

4400549566_0b24f5954c_b.jpg

They chit chatted with Rob while I bolted around the room getting ready.

4399781571_5776af0af3_b.jpg

and assisted me as I chose what to toss in my purse for the evening :)

It is time to go and another BM who was staying at our same resort shows up, we are ready to roll out!

Finally, we called a cab. We stood there, waiting, waiting, waiting. After 20 minutes, I am freaking out. We are supposed to be at Epcot in 5 minutes! We called the cab company- our cab already left! Someone else took our cab! We didn't even see it?! I have no idea how it happened, but 10 minutes later, 5 minutes after we are supposed to be there, the cab shows up. I am now getting texts from people asking where we are. The stress monster rears its ugly head again. Last minute Lulu earns her name. Oh, well. Rob volunteers to pay the cabbie while the three girls RUN and I mean RUN, in the most terrible sense of the word, through Epcot to the bench in front of Canada where we were meeting our guests! It is actually a really fun memory now, of us uncontrollably giggling and complaining to each other as we ran through a theme park. Thank goodness it was not crowded! I love my girls.

Next up: Drinking around the World and Jellyrolls!

Love your TR and the new photos! They totally make me miss Disney...:sad1:

I can't wait to hear all about your Drinking around the World!!!

And waiting for cabs at Disney caused me a ton of stress when we were there for our wedding but every time I was running late, a way better option than waiting for a bus!

Love your TR and the new photos! They totally make me miss Disney...:sad1:

I can't wait to hear all about your Drinking around the World!!!

And waiting for cabs at Disney caused me a ton of stress when we were there for our wedding but every time I was running late, a way better option than waiting for a bus!

Thank you, Melissa!

I hope to update soon, I am doing a 20 source paper for grad school this weekend, ugh. So, prob. next week.

I never took so many cabs in Disney in my LIFE! lol It always seemed that we were making a mad dash from one place to the next. My parents had a car, so sometimes we went with them, too. I don't think I took one bus after Magical Express until AFTER the wedding lol.

Thank you for reading, fellow CG bride!

Day 2 continued
Jellyrolls

I apparently have lost the pictures from Epcot Food and Wine. I will add them back in if I get some from my friend. I will summarize, though. My husband let us run into Epcot (literally!) while he paid the cab (details in previous post). Finally we met up with my other bridesmaid, two of my cousins and a few other friends. It was so great to see everyone and we went through the countries, tasting some different dishes and having a few drinks. I tried escargot for the first time, but I don't remember anything else standing out except the delicious slushy drink with grey goose vodka served in France. Polish girls love their vodka! I even use mine to make my gorgeous engagement ring sparkle!

We stayed for the fireworks and even slow danced during "We Go On" at the end. See why I want to find these pictures?

Another bridesmaid of mine met up with us during the fireworks. Her daughter wasn't feeling well so she wasn't able to leave on time and she wanted to go back instead of coming out to Jellyrolls with us. I was so happy she was able to come out and join us for the fireworks and some fun conversation afterwards at least!

Since one of my friends had a car, she volunteered to drive us over to Jellyrolls for the bachelorette party! My maid of honor pulled out a bag with a boa and some other goodies and I changed in the bathrooms near Norway (Maybe this is what people mean I should leave out when they say 'get to the point' lol). We were ready to go!

At Jellyrolls, some more of my family members, including my aunt who is in her 70s joined us! My other maid of honor was here as well. It was so wonderful to see everyone ready to celebrate! I was so excited. My friend Matt and his husband met up with us as well. The biggest surprise was my friend Dana who I had not seen in 11 years! When I saw her walk into Jellyrolls, I was amazed. It seemed like another life when we were College Program roommates. Here I was, surrounded by some of the most wonderful people I'd ever met and they were randomly assigned roommates matched to me during our Disney College Program. Maybe those amazing friendships are why I believe in Disney magic. :wizard:

Jellyrolls was wonderful. We all sat in the center of the room and people treated us so wonderfully. We were catching up, chatting when there was an announcement from the stage. I didn't hear every word but I heard my name. Uh oh!

5779768150_c7066a1328_o.jpg

I wasn't enjoying the attention at all. /sarcasm

5779768096_80d2256f11_o.jpg

They sang "Hello, Mary Lou" to me and then chatted with me about the wedding till the crowd was probably close to their saturation point and then they started this game where they played a song "My Bonny" and I had to stand/sit everytime they sang a word that started with "B". It sounds much easier than it is. Especially after a few drinks!

5779767694_db394ef0ae_o.jpg

Despite the embarrassment, I had a great time and it was fun being "recognized" everytime I went up to get a drink and even in the bathroom lol.

5779767966_d08e3c5282_o.jpg

5779222535_49732bcd27_o.jpg

5779222377_070d4d7fc0_o.jpg

5779768188_39db4abed3_o.jpg

5779768230_752a165036_o.jpg

A married couple even bought ALL of us a round of shots- lemon drops and wished me a great wedding and marriage. It brightened my day so much because it was just an example of everything that I believe about what life SHOULD be. It was so touching that these people I never saw before and probably will never see again spent their own money to make my night more memorable. It really meant a lot to me and if by any chance they are reading and remember us- thank you!

5779768292_83e538ae53_o.jpg

A great picture of me with Matt, my friend who passed away shortly after my wedding.

It was a great bachelorette party: fun and nothing too crazy - just lots of laughter and happiness - and singing great songs that EVERYONE knows the lyrics, too: Carolina on My Mind, Good Day Sunshine, American Pie. I was having so much fun singing with everyone that I forgot about my budding cold.

My maid of honor Lorie took me back to Caribbean Beach Resort since she was staying there and she brought me to my room just to be safe lol. I needed to be up early tomorrow for our wedding rehearsal! Is it me or was everything happening REALLY fast?! One thing I wish I could have done was to leave a day earlier or at least not have taken the last flight. If I had not been chosen to present that day, I might have done so. Another wish I have is that I had not had quite so much fun with the singing that night, because I woke up the next day to find that instead of Cinderella, I had turned into Ariel. The evil sea witch had stolen my voice.

Day 3- Rehearsal, Welcome Party and Bridesmaids Dinner to come!

You guys look like you had a great time!!! I want to go back to Jellyrolls sooooo bad!!!

I am loving your TR and can't wait to read more! I had my bachelorette party drinking around the world followed up by Jellyrolls too!

You guys look like you had a great time!!! I want to go back to Jellyrolls sooooo bad!!!

Definitely an awesome time! I love music you can sing along to!

I am loving your TR and can't wait to read more! I had my bachelorette party drinking around the world followed up by Jellyrolls too!

That is so awesome! I think it is a great choice!

I am so happy you came back! I can't wait for more!!!!

lol, yes, I am back! I promise I will finish. I really want to share my info with other brides interested in CG because I had a hard time finding info. Thank you so much for staying tuned despite my long break. I finally graduated from grad school last month and now I have a spare second to work on this :)

Lulu! I just read through your entire TR, and I cannot wait for more! It sounds like you had an awesome time at WDW. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter