Monorail time?

Marv_barr

Mouseketeer
Quick question how much time should i give myself to get from Poly over Epcot ?
TIA

I would walk to TTC and get on the Epcot monorail there. When we stayed at GF, 5 times we went to Epcot it took 45-90 minutes. You wait for the monorail, ride it to TTC and get off and walk to the Epcot monorail and then wait again for the next monorail. We were NOT a fan of it.

15 minutes in an Uber. I am not a fan of the monorail to Epcot, especially as it involves a bag check line twice.

That one is tought to call. It should be about 30 minutes but nothing concerning the monorail is set in stone lately. I would allow an hour and be pleasantly surprised if you arrive early.

I'd say 30-60 mins from leaving the Poly if walking to the TTC. 30-45 mins would be around normal, 60 mins would be extreme, but stuff happens - long security lines, you just miss the monorail, you get held for further traffic clearence, etc. As @ColoradoMom12 notes, you go through security twice - once as you enter the TTC and then again before entering Epcot. The TTC security is normally OK time wise unless you happen to be walking up when a full parking tram is unloading, the Epcot security can be a wild-card if you have a bag. You can sometimes wait longer in that bag check line than you'll spend in security lines all week at the other parks combined. Although sometimes (eg, late day) it's a breeze - so it depends on your timing. I'd recommend to go bag-less to Epcot via monorail if you can.

15 minutes in an Uber. I am not a fan of the monorail to Epcot, especially as it involves a bag check line twice.
Your point is well taken, but I do think the TTC-Epcot monorail loop is pretty cool because you get an aerial view of Future World. We went for years without taking the monorail to Epcot and when we did we really enjoyed it.:earsboy:

Your point is well taken, but I do think the TTC-Epcot monorail loop is pretty cool because you get an aerial view of Future World. We went for years without taking the monorail to Epcot and when we did we really enjoyed it.:earsboy:
Yes, Its a MUST do for sure.

I agree, it’s not to be missed! I try to plan one late afternoon/evening at Epcot when we can take the monorail and enjoy the view. I find if we’re going at that time, I’m not worrying about how long it takes to get there. I figure if I’m worrying about time (like first thing in the morning), I should probably take an Uber!

How long does it take to get from CR to Poly? We have a 9:40 breakfast. TIA

I'd say to be safe give yourself 20 minutes.
But you can just jump the monorail at the Contemporary
and it stops at the poly probably less than 10 minutes.

I will add that is your travel time should be less than 10 minutes,but sometimes there is a long line at check in for breakfast we were there for breakfast in September and the line had about a 20 minute wait at check in desk
so add time for that

Just pointing out the times quoted are the times to get to the monorail station outside Epcot's main gate. If you are trying to get to a dining reservation or something specific in Epcot, you'll also need to factor time to get through security at Epcot (notoriously slow) and then walk wherever you need to go. I remember our first stay at the poly I made a huge mistake in budgeting time to get to an Akershus dinner on the first day because of this (took us about 75 minutes door to door)!

It is difficult to answer the OP's question in general terms since the day of the week and time of day can certainly influence wait times. At the end of the day when parks are closing and everyone is exiting will certainly result in longer wait times then when the demand is lower.

It took us about 45 minutes to get there for an O'Hana dinner reservation. I think another monorail was having some maintenance issues that resulted in a delay. But it also took us a really long time to get from CR to GF the next night as well. But hopefully there should be less traffice at 9am than at 6pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter