Monorail time?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Marv_barr, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Marv_barr

Marv_barr Mouseketeer

Quick question how much time should i give myself to get from Poly over Epcot ?
    TIA

2. mel&me

mel&me DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

If you walk to the TTC and jump the Epcot monorail. 25-30 minutes

Disneypro1 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. megs1313

megs1313 DIS Veteran

about 30 minutes.

5. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

Possibly longer if you have to wait on a monorail. I'd not cut anything close, KWIM?

buzznina likes this.
  6. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

I would walk to TTC and get on the Epcot monorail there. When we stayed at GF, 5 times we went to Epcot it took 45-90 minutes. You wait for the monorail, ride it to TTC and get off and walk to the Epcot monorail and then wait again for the next monorail. We were NOT a fan of it.

Searc likes this.
  7. ColoradoMom12

ColoradoMom12 DIS Veteran

15 minutes in an Uber. I am not a fan of the monorail to Epcot, especially as it involves a bag check line twice.

8. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

That one is tought to call. It should be about 30 minutes but nothing concerning the monorail is set in stone lately. I would allow an hour and be pleasantly surprised if you arrive early.

9. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

I'd say 30-60 mins from leaving the Poly if walking to the TTC. 30-45 mins would be around normal, 60 mins would be extreme, but stuff happens - long security lines, you just miss the monorail, you get held for further traffic clearence, etc. As @ColoradoMom12 notes, you go through security twice - once as you enter the TTC and then again before entering Epcot. The TTC security is normally OK time wise unless you happen to be walking up when a full parking tram is unloading, the Epcot security can be a wild-card if you have a bag. You can sometimes wait longer in that bag check line than you'll spend in security lines all week at the other parks combined. Although sometimes (eg, late day) it's a breeze - so it depends on your timing. I'd recommend to go bag-less to Epcot via monorail if you can.

Searc and mickeynut1 like this.
  10. Micca

Micca SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather

Your point is well taken, but I do think the TTC-Epcot monorail loop is pretty cool because you get an aerial view of Future World. We went for years without taking the monorail to Epcot and when we did we really enjoyed it.:earsboy:

11. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Especially during IllumiNations!:)

kylenne and Micca like this.
  12. Disneypro1

Disneypro1 life is great!

Yep...just about exactly that.

13. Disneypro1

I can get uber anywhere.....the Epcot Center monorail......only one place....just have to do that at least once per trip.

WEDWDW and ColoradoMom12 like this.
  14. Disneypro1

Yes, Its a MUST do for sure.

15. ColoradoMom12

ColoradoMom12 DIS Veteran

I agree, it’s not to be missed! I try to plan one late afternoon/evening at Epcot when we can take the monorail and enjoy the view. I find if we’re going at that time, I’m not worrying about how long it takes to get there. I figure if I’m worrying about time (like first thing in the morning), I should probably take an Uber!

Disneypro1 likes this.
  16. mamapenguin

mamapenguin DIS Veteran

How long does it take to get from CR to Poly? We have a 9:40 breakfast. TIA

17. mel&me

I'd say to be safe give yourself 20 minutes.
    But you can just jump the monorail at the Contemporary
    and it stops at the poly probably less than 10 minutes.

mamapenguin likes this.
  18. mel&me

I will add that is your travel time should be less than 10 minutes,but sometimes there is a long line at check in for breakfast we were there for breakfast in September and the line had about a 20 minute wait at check in desk
    so add time for that

mamapenguin likes this.
  19. MomOTwins

MomOTwins The Mommy Fairy

Just pointing out the times quoted are the times to get to the monorail station outside Epcot's main gate. If you are trying to get to a dining reservation or something specific in Epcot, you'll also need to factor time to get through security at Epcot (notoriously slow) and then walk wherever you need to go. I remember our first stay at the poly I made a huge mistake in budgeting time to get to an Akershus dinner on the first day because of this (took us about 75 minutes door to door)!

20. _19disnA

_19disnA DIS Veteran

It is difficult to answer the OP's question in general terms since the day of the week and time of day can certainly influence wait times. At the end of the day when parks are closing and everyone is exiting will certainly result in longer wait times then when the demand is lower.

21. blueant315

blueant315 Mouseketeer

It took us about 45 minutes to get there for an O'Hana dinner reservation. I think another monorail was having some maintenance issues that resulted in a delay. But it also took us a really long time to get from CR to GF the next night as well. But hopefully there should be less traffice at 9am than at 6pm.

mamapenguin likes this.