Elizabethmartin

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip in mid-later August. We have been to Disney four times but never done a water park. We have five full days in the parks plus partial days on travel days. We are considering upgrading our park hopper to do Typhoon Lagoon for $60, or doing H2O Glow night which is $188. Economically, upgrading our park hopper to a park hopper plus is a better deal, but going to TL early morning (to beat crowds) would mean a lost day in the parks. Couldn’t get any good fast passes, so we need to go to parks early. So we would probably enjoy TL more during H2O event and not lose any valuable park time. Time versus money. Anyone done both versions of TL who can comment?

My daughter and her family did the night event and loved it. They said it was great to do the park in the evening rather than the heat of the day.

I would allow a full day for a water park. We go but will usually only stay until early afternoon and get there at opening... They do get crowded you can do all the slides early with short lines in the morning but you still need to go back to the resort shower eat if you did not eat at the water park etc... and mainly the water parks take a lot of energy so you will be going to a park tired or going to a water park tired. They are nice but I would suggest you make a day of it which means buying less park days unless you just want to go to park for dinner or maybe the fireworks.

We did the H2O Glow night and loved it. It depends on what the people in your party prefer. I, personally, would not lose park time to go to TL. My 15-year-old son, however, probably would.

That is a tough call.

When we've been to the water parks before, we have dedicated a day to it - gone at opening, stayed until we were tired, and then had an early night in. (It's a break from the parks in a way, but also it's own kind of tiring.)

But the H2O Glow Night does sound fun and different. Plus, it's listed as a limited time thing, so if it is only temporary, I might regret not doing it.

I think my vote is Glow Night.

Do you have quality waterparks in your area? Even if you attend the night event you are going to be tired the next day for park touring. We live within a few hours drive of Schlitterbahn's original waterpark, which is one of the best in the country. I would rather spend a day there than take away time from the 4 main Disney parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter