Moms Panel Results!?

I bet this will be somewhat of a random drawing. They are getting so many responses that I am sure are basically the same how will they be able to really "choose"? They are probably scanning the entries for different demographics so they'll have a mix of people but how are they really going to "evaluate" the entries?? I mean, even if they did read them all, what is the criteria? The best writers? If that is the case, how does that make them an expert? The most experienced? The most knowledgable? How do they measure that?

Although, I think there is a second round of interviews, so maybe they can get more info there...I don't know, just a thought I guess.

OK so I know my chances are slim (like 1 in 10,000 :lmao: ) and I don't expect to win but my heart did sink a little to see this post! I hope a few DISers win if I can't :rotfl: Good luck!

Those aren't HORRIBLE odds. A few weeks ago my name was in a box with 5000 names for a drawing of $1000. Guess who's name was drawn first? :cool2:

Good luck to all the DISers who filled out applications!! :wizard:

which reminds me.. anyone have $987 i can borrow? anyone? anyone? dismn?

I bet this will be somewhat of a random drawing. They are getting so many responses that I am sure are basically the same how will they be able to really "choose"? They are probably scanning the entries for different demographics so they'll have a mix of people but how are they really going to "evaluate" the entries?? I mean, even if they did read them all, what is the criteria? The best writers? If that is the case, how does that make them an expert? The most experienced? The most knowledgable? How do they measure that?

Although, I think there is a second round of interviews, so maybe they can get more info there...I don't know, just a thought I guess.

I think they will look at whether or not the applicants meet the criteria - like having been to WDW at least once in the past 12 months. I think they will look at the ages of the children in the family and try to choose families who represent different ages and family sizes. I think they will probably speak to finalists by phone to get a better idea of the person's knowledge base. I also think there could be a set of sample questions sent to finalists to see how they answer, then those answers would be evaluated on accuracy and clarity. If these panelists are going to represent Disney and be on the main Disney site they will not choose people who won't be able to provide clear, accurate information in a timely fashion. People who have a decent understanding of "spell check" might get a leg up, too.;)

which reminds me.. anyone have $987 i can borrow? anyone? anyone? dismn?

:lmao:
Sorry, no can do.
The first thing out of my mouth after I won was ..........

guess. C'maaan.........guess!!!

Hint: "I'm going to.................."

:banana:
Got to save my winnings for you-know-where!!

Back on topic now. LOL LOL :woohoo:

I have a copy of what I entered...wanna see it? Anyone else have theirs?? I am not sure if I got the headings correct, but the rest is what I submitted. (At least I will know that SOMEONE read it! :rotfl2: )
T
ell us about you:

Hi, my name is Anne and I am a Walt Disney World-aholic! As the director of a consulting firm, my life is filled with new challenges and problems everyday. I work out of my home and I have a "close, personal" relationship with my computer and the internet. Aside from my Disney habit, I also enjoy competitive cooking contests, reading and game shows. My personal and professional life has been committed to helping others and the Walt Disney World's Mom's Panel would give me another outlet for helping others make their dreams come true! Thanks and have a magical day!

Tell us about your family:

We are a blended family consisting of my husband Brian, myself and our three amazing daughters: Alex (19), Jordan (10) and Taylor (8). Our entire family has enjoyed many Disney experiences including the parks and the cruise. Alex is a sophomore at the Kansas City Art Institute (Walt Disney himself studied there!). She is a gifted photographer. Jordan is in intermediate school and loves baton twirling and Hannah Montana. Taylor is the "baby" and enjoys dance and watching "High School Musical" (over and over and over!) Brian is the lone male and has a love for the Rock-n-Roller coaster!

What makes you a Disney expert? (or something like that)

Exhibit A: Six Disney related trips in 4 years. Alex had a serious accident a few years ago. As a treat to the family I planned our first WDW trip and it was AMAZING---I was hooked!
Exhibit B: The infamous index cards: When traveling to "The World", I create an index card for each day; they contain every detail from the time to depart our resort to order of attractions to dining plans.
Exhibit C: Innumerable trips planned for others
Exhibit D: My extreme appreciation for the magic of Walt Disney World...I can't wait to share it with others!

OK I vote for luvstink. Put me on that panel Disney people!!! We have a winner!! I can not even remember what I wrote but I do know it did not sound this good. Your a shoo-in my friend, have nice trip in December.;)

well i'll tell you this much, i see luvstink's signature and i'm not sure it's a beautiful tomorrow, but i definitely see something else that's very big and shining.

Wow - that sounded great...I can't really remember what I wrote. I wish I had kept a copy. Good luck to everyone...I hope we hear about someone being contacted soon!!

well i'll tell you this much, i see luvstink's signature and i'm not sure it's a beautiful tomorrow, but i definitely see something else that's very big and shining.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

bradk you crack me up!!!

I'm waiting with the rest of you for a response. Keeping my fingers crossed I make the cut :rolleyes:

Didn't website say check back when we launch the site to meet the winners? I would be surprised if they didn't announce them until then. Other contests I have seen keep the winners quiet until the announcement. That would guarantee 10,000+ hits to their website when they launch in 2008.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the math people to figure out how many people will forget they entered, etc, and what the probability of that happening is.

If not, it is going to be a Willy Wonka moment with some Disers posting that they've got the golden ticket and everybody else will get more depressed and envious with each and every announcement.

Will the next contact be via email? telephone? snail mail? What does everyone think? I hope it's not email. I've had too many issues with not receiving emails.

Didn't website say check back when we launch the site to meet the winners? I would be surprised if they didn't announce them until then. Other contests I have seen keep the winners quiet until the announcement. That would guarantee 10,000+ hits to their website when they launch in 2008.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the math people to figure out how many people will forget they entered, etc, and what the probability of that happening is.

If not, it is going to be a Willy Wonka moment with some Disers posting that they've got the golden ticket and everybody else will get more depressed and envious with each and every announcement.

They said those who are NOT chosen to advance to the next round will not be contacted, meaning if you don't hear you didn't make it. Those who DO advance to the next round will be contacted by Disney, but it does not state HOW you will be contacted, nor by what date.:)

Ok, I am really not stupid...ummm I don't think anyway!:rolleyes1

but...I used to have a pic of my girls walking with pooh but it turned into an "x" yesterday....so I still have no clue what is going on (was pooh's butt showing??? :rotfl2: )

Anne

yes, there was a great big beautiful pooh butt shining at the end of every post

They said those who are NOT chosen to advance to the next round will not be contacted, meaning if you don't hear you didn't make it. Those who DO advance to the next round will be contacted by Disney, but it does not state HOW you will be contacted, nor by what date.:)

What I was saying is that they we may not hear who gets chosen if Disney won't let the winners go public before they announce it officially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter