Moms Panel Results!?

disdadathome

Why does chocolate covered ice cream on a stick ta
Has Disney contacted anyone from the boards saying they got on the Moms Panel yet? My wife applied and she got the e-mail saying her application was accepted. Nothing since then. I know the panelists were expected to visit Disney in December, so I assume the finalists would be notified soon, right? Just curious. I hope someone from the boards gets selected.

I applied but have heard nothing. I do hope a Dis'er gets selected so we can all live vicariously!;)

Your title freaked me out I thought they announced them already!!! :scared1:

From what I know nothing has been decided yet

i got a restraining order in the mail, i guess that counts as a response?

The original description said that those persons going on to the next round would be contacted via email and the finalists would be announced on November 2.

Since the official deadline was just last week and that they bumped the numbers to 10,000 I would assume that we should be hearing something sometime this week or next. Well, at least this is what I'm a hoping!

OK so I know my chances are slim (like 1 in 10,000 :lmao: ) and I don't expect to win but my heart did sink a little to see this post! I hope a few DISers win if I can't :rotfl: Good luck!

Did everyone get an e-mail confirmation after submitting thier aplication??

OK so I know my chances are slim (like 1 in 10,000 :lmao: ) and I don't expect to win but my heart did sink a little to see this post! I hope a few DISers win if I can't :rotfl: Good luck!

No, no, no.... your odds are 1 909 - (one spot being mine already)

Theyre picking 12-ish... one spot is mine, your odds are 1 in 909! Not that bad!!!

...just sitting here thinking of how much fun it would be to hang out with you guys during the training session. Who's in for heading to DTD the first night?!
:cool1: :thumbsup2 :) ;) :lmao: :rotfl: :banana: :3dglasses :woohoo: :yay: :cool2: :dance3: :teacher: :upsidedow :flower3: :rotfl2: :laughing: :hug:

I didn't get in on the action! We were in Disney when they announced it and all you wonderful disers beat me to the punch! Here's hoping one of you gets picked, I'd also like to live vicariously!

I am so confident that a diser will be chosen that I check here everyday (after I check my own email for notification, of course!) :thumbsup2

the math of 1 in 909 sounds much much better doesn't it! And you have to assume that about 10% of entrants don't really know what they are talking about, so now it is 1 in 810....and, if 10% of those can't rite good....err,um I mean write well, than it would be 1 in 729! Its sure better than most sweepstakes for a trip.

Anne

I'm not sure about your math. If there were 10,000 entries and 10% don't know anything, then that leaves 9,000 left, not 900. Anyway, I hope at least one person here wins. Especially if that one person is me, LOL.

I'm not sure about your math. If there were 10,000 entries and 10% don't know anything, then that leaves 9,000 left, not 900. Anyway, I hope at least one person here wins. Especially if that one person is me, LOL.

You are misreading..

There are 12 'winners' to be picked from the 10,000 entries.. which means if it were a random draw, your odds are 1 in 833. HOWEVER, it is NOT a random draw, it's based on the information you submitted...

So in that scenario your odds could be better or worse than 1 in 833 depending on how much they liked what YOU wrote vs. what others wrote?

Confused yet? I am. Math is hard.

Knox

i'll tell you something about probability.. it's a sham.

there's either a 50% chance of anything happening, or there isn't.

so you'll either be picked or you won't.. 50/50.

Hmm.
Let's stick with the assumption that about 10% will be eliminated for some reason. That leaves 9000 applicants. Like someone else said, this is not a random drawing where they pull 10 names from a hat and those folks win. When they choose the first person then the rest of the applicants have a 1 in 8999 chance of being chosen. After the second person the rest have a 1 in 8998 chance.

Assuming the finalists aren't bound by a confidentiality agreement I would imagine we would start to hear from people who have been chosen right around Nov. 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter