Molly from AllEars leaving :(

Anyone else think that the video thumbnails look too much like AllEars’ videos? Bright color border with some generic background and a closeup reaction shot of the topic. I’m sure it’s intentional in order to grab the attention of anyone who doesn’t know she left, but would like to see something a bit more different/creative from them.

Anyone else think that the video thumbnails look too much like AllEars’ videos? Bright color border with some generic background and a closeup reaction shot of the topic. I’m sure it’s intentional in order to grab the attention of anyone who doesn’t know she left, but would like to see something a bit more different/creative from them.
I definitely noticed this too. Whenever I watch one of the Mammoth Club videos, I get recommended Molly's Allears videos and the thumbnails look almost identical. I think it's partially intentional to attract the Allears audience that liked her content.

It kindof backfired on me because I stopped watching Molly's Allears content a while ago but wanted to watch her new stuff with Mammoth Club, but because the thumbnails are identical I kept thinking it was still Allears videos.

I finally just unsubbed from Allears so there's no more confusion on my part, haha.

Just watched the cookie challenge. While Quincy has been around as a background character for awhile (IMHO never a starring character although they try) they add Emma (who has been in a few videos I don't care about and some new guy I've never seen. My question, I'm not invested in any of these characters, why do i care what they think about cookies or really anything else? As much as I enjoyed AllEars, currently, I am finding less and less to care about. YMMV. Appears to soon be 1 less channel to worry about.

Just watched the cookie challenge. While Quincy has been around as a background character for awhile (IMHO never a starring character although they try) they add Emma (who has been in a few videos I don't care about and some new guy I've never seen. My question, I'm not invested in any of these characters, why do i care what they think about cookies or really anything else? As much as I enjoyed AllEars, currently, I am finding less and less to care about. YMMV. Appears to soon be 1 less channel to worry about.
Used to watch every video with Molly in. Now it's dependant on what the subject is.

The new guy plays Sammie on the Starcruiser 😀

We love Molly, so will watch the new channel. So far I like the team rapport. I did think the after-the-fact voiceover was used too much in the latest video. I prefer when they are talking at the park vs. recording video and adding the narration later. It interferes with the immersive experience a bit.

Saw a few additional details on a Reddit thread. Seems likely that Alan (her husband, which I didn’t realize) and Duckfist will be joining her, not sure if there will be any others (hoping some of the others might migrate over there slowly if there is a new channel and it does well - I would miss Breedlove’s quirky vibe and I always got the idea that Morgan was an old friend of hers for whatever reason. Also wondering about Melizza as she seemed to disappear from All Ears videos at some point.)

Also, according to that thread her contract says she can’t make any announcements until her last All Ears video is posted, which will probably be in a couple of weeks.
I wondered about Melizza as well. She was gone just as fast as she arrived. I liked her a lot more than some of these drab newbies they just hired. Melizza reminded me of a Mousketeer and was very happy and animated. The new girl Emma seems to be more interested in trying to look cute and you see her mostly catching glances at herself during interviews like RJ does. It drives me crazy to watch him looking at himself. The others all do a fantastic job of making it look like they are talking to an interviewer. There are a couple of other new faces that just look like they are phoning it in. Maybe over time they will get better at it. I love how natural Quincy is and how you can imagine that she is exactly the same if you met her. I've been watching Molly for YEARS and I started out loving her but over time she started to seem like that one friend who knows everything about everything and ends up correcting you all the time lol. I'm probably that friend. :rotfl2:

Having been an All Ears follower for 20+ years, I can say that for me, it definitely was not the same after it was purchased by DFB. I'm retired too, so I can understand why Deb Wills wanted to retire, but boy do I miss it every week when the email comes.
Same here! I miss the days when the two Debs would try to do videos. It reminded me of an SNL skit or something. Especially Deb Korma I think her name was. She "ummed" her way through every one of them. lol I liked the simplicity of it back then. Now if you don't get on every day, you'll miss so much. Also, it's so repetitive. I mean, they will rehash a story to death all in the same couple of weeks. I loved looking forward to a new article back in the day. I would read the whole thing. Now, it's the same article over and over and I just scroll through it.

Same! I tried those 2 videos as well and couldn’t get through them- they are nice enough, but they need that dynamic tour-guidey person who can also tell it like it is.

I researched a little more on Duckfist and looks like he was a cm at one point- and seems that he and Molly are close. I’m willing to give him a fresh look, but I hope he tones it down a bit- he comes across as very opinionated and self centered to me. And like he thinks he is so funny. Stop trying so hard and just be genuine.

Hoping Molly will do her own YouTube channel so she can be as compensated as she deserves (looking at you, Tim Tracker) - but hope Duckfist is there on a very very limited basis. She does not need him on camera.

I too love RJay. He cracks me up.
That's what I like about Duckfist. He isn't bent on praising everything Disney. That's refreshing to me. He reminds me of Donald Duck. lol

I feel Mammoth Club thumbnails are so much better since the split. Allears is using all the giant O face click bait stuff still ( its just silly after a year of using the same photos over and over). Cringe worthy for sure. Most disney thumbnails are kinda the same since they all wanna be clicked on.

Quincy, Breedlove and Emma did a terrific job on the first night of the Halloween party, I thought. Then it was fun to watch Molly’s take. At the beginning, none of the, know the rain is coming. But we do.

I have been enjoying Alle Ear's no plan day videos, really show Emma and Hannah off more than RTT does 😀

I wouldn't be surprised if All Ears goes the way of the dinosaur within the next year. Molly was the centerpiece of the channel and the remaining staff there just isn't on her level. Quincy is ok and Breedlove is ok when he's not holding up his giant "I'm a vegan" sign which makes his food reviews seem kinda useless. I'm just hoping we don't get more of the guy who sings all of his answers like he's on a casting call when they do the videos based off blog posts.
I guess I'm in the tiny minority but I love Quincy and Breedlove. I find Quincy's chaotic energy entertaining and comforting in a way...very relatable for me. It feels like she could be someone from my own family just hanging out and things get a little crazy and incomprehensible :rotfl2:

And I think Breedlove's "Vegan Disclaimer" is hilarious. Also, more and more people are eating plant-based diets, so I think it's really helpful to have someone reviewing those offerings exclusively. And he's got that awkward nerdy vibe, which I also relate to.

Idk if you know this, but RJay is a childhood cancer survivor. He is fabulous and is always super positive and uplifting, and if he wants to sing every single word he says on Allears then I'm here for it.

All that said, I absolutely love Molly and will miss her interactions with the rest of the Allears cast.

I wondered about Melizza as well. She was gone just as fast as she arrived. I liked her a lot more than some of these drab newbies they just hired. Melizza reminded me of a Mousketeer and was very happy and animated. The new girl Emma seems to be more interested in trying to look cute and you see her mostly catching glances at herself during interviews like RJ does. It drives me crazy to watch him looking at himself. The others all do a fantastic job of making it look like they are talking to an interviewer. There are a couple of other new faces that just look like they are phoning it in. Maybe over time they will get better at it. I love how natural Quincy is and how you can imagine that she is exactly the same if you met her. I've been watching Molly for YEARS and I started out loving her but over time she started to seem like that one friend who knows everything about everything and ends up correcting you all the time lol. I'm probably that friend. :rotfl2:

Yes, I wonder if she got a job somewhere else? With Molly and Lindsay and her husband, we heard about where they were going when they left - Melizza just disappeared one day.

I like RJay although I think maybe he is in California? Assuming because he doesn't seem to appear in the parks the way the others do, and I think that's where a lot of the team dynamics get built. It's kind of like when you watch a sitcom, half the fun is watching the interactions between the characters once you know their personalities. Even when they were doing solo interviews, with people like Molly and Quincy the editors would insert playfully snarky little comment graphics as they were talking. I don't know that I ever saw RJay with the rest of the vloggers and he wasn't in a lot of videos.

I haven't watched much of Emma's stuff but I do feel bad for her in that she was clearly brought in to be "replacement Molly", and that's obviously not going to fly with most people who were Molly fans.

there is very little quality content right now compared to a few years ago. Was there a time when YouTube was a hobby and people made videos as a labor of love, not just a bunch of hustlers that don’t look ant to get a real job or spam bots like dfb. Did anybody ever see the “Beyond the Kingdoms” series on the Epcot pavilions? Incredibly well researched and well produced. Made world showcase feel new. Aside from Mickey views, I never learn anything from the current crop. Just spam and wannabe kardashians.

there is very little quality content right now compared to a few years ago. Was there a time when YouTube was a hobby and people made videos as a labor of love, not just a bunch of hustlers that don’t look ant to get a real job or spam bots like dfb. Did anybody ever see the “Beyond the Kingdoms” series on the Epcot pavilions? Incredibly well researched and well produced. Made world showcase feel new. Aside from Mickey views, I never learn anything from the current crop. Just spam and wannabe kardashians.
I love Mickey Views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter