Molly from AllEars leaving :(

I'm sure AE/DFB tried hard to get Molly to stay....whether it be offers of more creative control, bonuses, increased salary, stake in the company or even full partnership. In the end whatever was offered wasn't enough to convince her to stay.
It might have been a case of too little too late. Once someone feels jilted or the urge to leave it's hard to undo that mindset.

I'm sure AE/DFB tried hard to get Molly to stay....whether it be offers of more creative control, bonuses, increased salary, stake in the company or even full partnership. In the end whatever was offered wasn't enough to convince her to stay.
Is AE and DFB somehow associated with each other?

Yes. Disney Food Blog bought Allears in 2018.

I remember when that happened. Originally, years ago before vlogging was a thing, my love of AllEars was the information it provided, particularly regarding dining and food menus. Once it was bought by DFB, I liked the addition of vlogging but I feel over time the info part has not stayed as up to date as I'd like. And I liked the vlogging because of Molly. So I do wonder if over time if I end up no longer watching AE vlogs. IDK. Time will tell.

Yes. Disney Food Blog bought Allears in 2018.

I enjoyed All Ears when Deb Wills ran the site. It was a quaint, old-school feel-good site with some real "honest" reviews and in-depth information. Since Deb Wills sold, All Ears changed and not for the better in my opinion. It isn't that I dislike Molly or anyone else that contributes to All Ears. All Ears videos and content style aren't really my thing. My wife, on the other hand, loves Molly's content.

With Josh Humphrey's passing and Deni leaving the DIS, I feel like the folks who give those quaint old-school style unofficial Disney "honest" reviews are quickly disappearing. I feel like the folks who say they are giving an "honest" review are really more ranting than reviewing. Maybe I'm misunderstanding those reviews though?

I put this in another thread. But Allears has the main issue that they dint address Molly leaving and have tried to shoe horn new people in without explanation. Like poof no Molly but here's Emma instead.

Molly and Quincey had a good on screen relationship and it worked well with Breedlove when he was with them both. But that hasn't been replicated with any of the newer people.

Emma is a little bit bland and well isn't Molly. and as they introduced more and more new people. It just doesn't work. If anything it pushes people away.

My favorite blogger by far was Josh, and I still think of him often and am so sad he’s left this earth.

With Josh Humphrey's passing and Deni leaving the DIS, I feel like the folks who give those quaint old-school style unofficial Disney "honest" reviews are quickly disappearing.
I went looking for Josh's blog again at the end of spring and was saddened to learn of his passing after the fact. His blogs were so long, but so worth the read. And he was so funny. The more I read him, the funnier he got because you learned his running jokes over time. His last entry had me rolling and I was looking forward to his take on all the new G+ stuff.

You may be right. But no matter the offer, I do think developing her own brand and channel was the way to go. I like her way better than the biggest wdw vlogger out there (i will not name names) and he makes TONS. She can so do this.

Still having on to my AE subscription. I don’t mind Quincy and really like the new guy Sage. But I’m definitely watching way less. And I will watch pretty much anything Molly puts out on Mammoth.
I think Sage seems like he's trying way too hard to be funny. If he just chills out a little maybe it'll seem more genuine?

I put this in another thread. But Allears has the main issue that they dint address Molly leaving and have tried to shoe horn new people in without explanation. Like poof no Molly but here's Emma instead.

Molly and Quincey had a good on screen relationship and it worked well with Breedlove when he was with them both. But that hasn't been replicated with any of the newer people.

Emma is a little bit bland and well isn't Molly. and as they introduced more and more new people. It just doesn't work. If anything it pushes people away.
I think sums up my feeling very well.
I think if Sage tones it down and quits trying to be so funny and cool and is more natural, he could be really good. He has the on screen presence that you can't teach.

My issue with Allears right now is I dont know why I care what any of those people think. Molly was an ex tour guide for Disney and had good screen presence and that right mix of taking it seriously but not too seriously. The others are one note (vegan guy who only cares about vegan stuff), or I get the vibe they are there because they are dating/married/engaged to someone higher up in the AllEars food chain. (new girl), or are bland and seem afraid to say anything bad for fear of the mouse.

Quincy is just ok, my vibe watching her is like I am going to the park with her on a second date (so we arent complete strangers) but that shes also trying not to be negative or give off a bad impression a bit too hard. Also none of them have children. Which is a massive part of going to the parks, and they have nothing meaningful to say about it. They feel like stereotypical childless Disney adults being marketed towards normal people.

Molly seemed not afraid to tell you she didnt like something, and her husband at least has some interesting stuff to say occasionally. If she has kids I dont know about it, but her tour guide past shines through and she knows to call out stuff and keep the energy going. Watching a Molly video is very much like going on a tour.

Also none of them have children. Which is a massive part of going to the parks, and they have nothing meaningful to say about it. They feel like stereotypical childless Disney adults being marketed towards normal people.
This seems to be something quite common among most Disney vloggers. Perhaps they don't show up in my feeds, but I hardly ever see any big DisTube channels where they have kids.

This seems to be something quite common among most Disney vloggers.
This is one of the reasons I really enjoy Provost Park Pass for DLR. My kids are now young adults. But, they still have kid tendencies that make me scratch my head, like, can we go to the shooting gallery or can we go to a meet and great with Winnie the Pooh. I think Chris Provost does a pretty good job of discussing park life for all types and he even has his young child in the videos from time to time, as well as his wife and then the entire family. So, it helps to have that perspective of taking kids to WDW or DLR.

My issue with Allears right now is I dont know why I care what any of those people think. Molly was an ex tour guide for Disney and had good screen presence and that right mix of taking it seriously but not too seriously. The others are one note (vegan guy who only cares about vegan stuff), or I get the vibe they are there because they are dating/married/engaged to someone higher up in the AllEars food chain. (new girl), or are bland and seem afraid to say anything bad for fear of the mouse.

Quincy is just ok, my vibe watching her is like I am going to the park with her on a second date (so we arent complete strangers) but that shes also trying not to be negative or give off a bad impression a bit too hard. Also none of them have children. Which is a massive part of going to the parks, and they have nothing meaningful to say about it. They feel like stereotypical childless Disney adults being marketed towards normal people.

Molly seemed not afraid to tell you she didnt like something, and her husband at least has some interesting stuff to say occasionally. If she has kids I dont know about it, but her tour guide past shines through and she knows to call out stuff and keep the energy going. Watching a Molly video is very much like going on a tour.
Nailed it. She does feel like a personal tour guide.

If creative control is what she wanted, then Mammoth Club aint it. She's pretty heavily making videos that her patrons have asked for. (which makes sense)

This seems to be something quite common among most Disney vloggers. Perhaps they don't show up in my feeds, but I hardly ever see any big DisTube channels where they have kids.
It's because vlogger is an unstable existence, so people with kids typically get more stable employment is a big part of it. Though I think there is a lane for a mom who doesnt work full time who wants to put effort in who lives around one of the parks.

I do like that Molly at least will mention "yeah kids will like this" as part of her spiels. The rest of the all ears crew seem to forget children are a thing half the time. I get serious "I wish all these yucky children weren't around" vibes that some Disney adults from some of them to be frank.

Ironically the main Disney Food Blog lady is still worth listening to just because she is willing to be very lightly critical of Disney, and she has children and will bring up the "as someone with kids" perspective, but her All Ears staff not so much.

If creative control is what she wanted, then Mammoth Club aint it. She's pretty heavily making videos that her patrons have asked for. (which makes sense)

It's because vlogger is an unstable existence, so people with kids typically get more stable employment is a big part of it. Though I think there is a lane for a mom who doesnt work full time who wants to put effort in who lives around one of the parks.

I do like that Molly at least will mention "yeah kids will like this" as part of her spiels. The rest of the all ears crew seem to forget children are a thing half the time. I get serious "I wish all these yucky children weren't around" vibes that some Disney adults from some of them to be frank.

Ironically the main Disney Food Blog lady is still worth listening to just because she is willing to be very lightly critical of Disney, and she has children and will bring up the "as someone with kids" perspective, but her All Ears staff not so much.
Creative control can mean things like setting her own schedule and choosing not to eat things she hates (hot dogs) a million times for clicks.

As far as I can remember she does have nephews (and maybe nieces?) that she mentions having gone to the parks with several times so she does have the touring with kids experience that allows her to throw in the kid perspective here and there.

My problem with DFB is the recycled content and clickbait titles, it's the same videos and information posted over and over again so I stopped watching.

I have sort of drifted off from watching All Ears videos. I like Quincy but no one else comes close to how entertaining Molly is. Out of curiosity I went back about two months on AllEars videos list. Those featuring Molly had about 65-70k views.

More recent videos are around 30-35k views. They are down about 50% on views. Crushing.

It's shocking the views MC has in contrast to All Ears (about 90k-170k vs. 20k-60k), even some of the later Molly All Ears videos. You're completely right that they have a ton of momentum right now. (I happen to hope they keep it up, since I'm a Molly fan.)
I wonder if that’s because of the length of the mammoth club videos? We’ve had to restart some 2-3 times because life came up and their videos are a full hour. It’s hard with work and kids right now for us to find a full hour we can devote to watching a YouTube video.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter