Moana rumored to be replacing tiki room

I was responding to the OP and sharing news. Sorry, will not do it again.

Don't worry about it. Some here are arguing that we should 100% be skeptical of Disney's rebuttal of the rumor. Some are also 100% believing it outright. I'm not sure where all the harshness is coming from. This is just a rumor thread about a theme park attraction. You did nothing wrong at all.

I was responding to the OP and sharing news. Sorry, will not do it again.
My apologies, didn't mean to come off that harsh, more of as a warning that this denial isn't necessarily the end of the discussion. That's the fun of rumors, we get these tidbits and talk about them for weeks as we await the next kernal of news.

No harm, my bad

Don't worry about it. Some here are arguing that we should 100% be skeptical of Disney's rebuttal of the rumor. Some are also 100% believing it outright. I'm not sure where all the harshness is coming from. This is just a rumor thread about a theme park attraction. You did nothing wrong at all.
Yep, its all opinion at this point. Makes for fun discussion though.... ;)

Yep, its all opinion at this point. Makes for fun discussion though.... ;)

It's all good. Obviously we are all very passionate about the Tiki Room, something I approve of. I think even the possibility of losing it has made us all a bit crazy!

Sometimes classics need to stay just that ... I mean I hated the Iago overlay ... change the Polynesian bar if anything and make it an adult Moana overlay (kidding)

I think the lesson here is: stop reading anything WDWNT posts as anything more than attention seeking. Their twitter feed has become pure clickbait. So much so, that if they were to post "Rumor: The Sky is Blue!", I would call it a lie. Even when people called them out for this one they stood by it as "fact". I wish they'd quit but I guess they're more in to getting clicks than not having content.

UnfinishedAliveEnglishsetter-size_restricted.gif

After reading this, I may have to think about checking out the Tiki Room the next time I go to WDW to see what all the fuss is about!

I think the lesson here is: stop reading anything ***** posts as anything more than attention seeking. Their twitter feed has become pure clickbait. So much so, that if they were to post "Rumor: The Sky is Blue!", I would call it a lie. Even when people called them out for this one they stood by it as "fact". I wish they'd quit but I guess they're more in to getting clicks than not having content.

UnfinishedAliveEnglishsetter-size_restricted.gif

Rumors are going to be part of any type of reporting. I actually don't have an issue with that. But from what I've read from the last 24 hours on Twitter and other boards is he just has a bad reputation amongst the Disney community. And yes I realize that could be a rumor in and of itself

Yeah. It's too bad because I've always liked the site for their photo reports and other things. I think they maybe got a little overzealous lately, but their lack of apology and defensiveness aren't winning more support.

I'm somewhat relieved by Disney releasing a rebuttal, but at the same time, Disney's not afraid to make changes so part of me is still wondering if something's up. Granted Disney didn't flat out say nothing will change with Tiki Room. Mickey Views speculates that some type of Moana addition will probably happen. That I can live with as long as it doesn't drastically change the show by deleting songs etc. I'll be open-minded about any additions, but please no subtractions.

I'm somewhat relieved by Disney releasing a rebuttal, but at the same time, Disney's not afraid to make changes so part of me is still wondering if something's up. Granted Disney didn't flat out say nothing will change with Tiki Room. Mickey Views speculates that some type of Moana addition will probably happen. That I can live with as long as it doesn't drastically change the show by deleting songs etc. I'll be open-minded about any additions, but please no subtractions.
I have to say, while it was a bit unprofessional, I do like Disney starting to jump in and play the game. It did spice up discussions.

their lack of apology and defensiveness aren't winning more support.

Whereas I see it the complete opposite, but with the caveat that I have now "bookmarked" these more recent rumors to see if they come to fruition. I am starting to keep a mental scorecard.

Personally, I would rather have the volcano Moana coaster that was rumored to be added to Adventureland than another redesign of the Tiki Room. I'm all for adding more movie themed attractions to the parks, but I don't want to see the originals be the ones to pay the price. Does Disney not see how much people hated the Iago and Zazu takeover, what makes them think this will have better reactions?

He never actually denied the rumor of Moana coming to the tiki room.
"Although we won’t address every rumor, we want to set the record straight: there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon. We’re constantly evolving our stories, but these birds will continue entertaining our guests at the Magic Kingdom Park just as they have done since 1971. "

All he said was that the birds are not being removed. The Moana overlay like they did with Zazu and Iago could still happen. Plus if some thing says rumor then its not a "FACT" it could very well be true but no set in stone.

It’s a classic and needs to be preserved, glad to see Disney did respond, not often they do that. There is always room to build new leave the classics alone, nothing better than a Dole Whip and the Tiki room on a hot afternoon!!!

100% agree. That thing needs to either go completely or be totally overhauled to electric/futuristic style cars. However I can see why they had to keep it. It's a massive footprint—unless they had a major attraction to be putting in it's place then it would have been a dead zone.

Tomorrowland Speedway still seems popular, both with decent lines and as a rite of passage for parents with little kids (first “driving” a car with the parent and then the kid driving on their own).

I 100% agree they need to update it with electric carts and inductive charging at the “finish line” in order to keep up with the promise of Tomorrowland. For one, the current carts are past due for refurbishment... they can barely steer right as it is. For two, that’s a heck of a lot of gassing up a bunch of carbureted four-stroke engines with no emissions controls that is entirely unnecessary in 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter