• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEWS

Minnie Vans Service expands service: While initially only available to guests staying at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk Resorts, a few additional resort guests are now able to take advantage of Disney’s Minnie Van service due to popular demand. Starting today, guests at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek Villas and Cabins, and Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge can now go to the front desk at the resort to activate the service for their use.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/08/minnie-vans-service-expanded-additional-resort-guests-starting-today/

Express Transportation service to be discontinued: Disney's Express Transportation service will be discontinued later this month, with the final day of service set for August 23 2017.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...transportation-service-to-be-discontinued.htm

NEWS

Minnie Vans Service expands service: While initially only available to guests staying at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk Resorts, a few additional resort guests are now able to take advantage of Disney’s Minnie Van service due to popular demand. Starting today, guests at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek Villas and Cabins, and Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge can now go to the front desk at the resort to activate the service for their use.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/08/minnie-vans-service-expanded-additional-resort-guests-starting-today/

Express Transportation service to be discontinued: Disney's Express Transportation service will be discontinued later this month, with the final day of service set for August 23 2017.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...transportation-service-to-be-discontinued.htm

They need to hurry and expand these Minnie Vans to all the resorts and parks for my trip. I'm quite upset they are getting rid of the Express transport, I was relying on them to get me between parks on two days where I don't have time to deal with the normal buses. If the Minnie Van's are not running all over the resort then I may have to cancel plans. I have a AK to MK one day and MK to Epcot on my last day to try and see both parks on their birthdays.:(

They need to hurry and expand these Minnie Vans to all the resorts and parks for my trip. I'm quite upset they are getting rid of the Express transport, I was relying on them to get me between parks on two days where I don't have time to deal with the normal buses. If the Minnie Van's are not running all over the resort then I may have to cancel plans. I have a AK to MK one day and MK to Epcot on my last day to try and see both parks on their birthdays.:(

You still have the option of Uber (which we plan on using) or taxi. Even though the service runs at WL where we'll be staying $20 per trip is pretty steep no way would I pay this amount. There are many Disney Bloggers who recommend Uber and offer discounts when using their link to create an account. That's what we're doing:-)

You still have the option of Uber (which we plan on using) or taxi. Even though the service runs at WL where we'll be staying $20 per trip is pretty steep no way would I pay this amount. There are many Disney Bloggers who recommend Uber and offer discounts when using their link to create an account. That's what we're doing:-)

I'm just not comfortable with using Uber, especially on my own. I don't even use it in the UK.

Upside is Minnie Vans drop you off outside the parks in the bus terminals. I just did a quick estimate and its kind of cheaper than what I'd pay for a taxi back home.

I need it for the Trattoria breakfast and the two park hop days. My main problem is Universal if I can get a decent time on the Mears shuttle I'm fine, if not its pretty pricey but they won't let you do more than 24 hours in advance on that one :worried:. Maybe one day I'll pluck up the courage to drive but it would be a challenge, bigger cars, different side of the road, different rules on the road and then I'd need to read the directions.

Last edited:

We are planning a trip in mid-October, and are going to MNSSHP on a Thursday night. We generally are not character people, but I LOVE Belle, and especially Village Belle (or as I call her, Blue Dress Belle). I'll be with my two sons, who will have almost NO patience for me to wait to meet her. Any strategies on the best time to meet her, and how long I can expect to wait? Thanks!!

NEWS

The Emporium is gearing up for Halloween! With the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party in less than 10 days, they have filled the shelves with new arrivals for the Halloween season. The items available are the 2017 shirts that were announced earlier as well a TON of A Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise.

upload_2017-8-15_19-34-42.png

There is no shortage of Halloween items themed with A Nightmare Before Christmas! Walls and shelves line the Emporium with different items featuring Jack, Sally, and the Oogie Boogie Man
upload_2017-8-15_19-37-6.png

upload_2017-8-15_19-37-24.png

Annual Pass Holders MNSSHP and Food & Wine Merchandise:
http://blogmickey.com/2017/08/2017-food-wine-halloween-party-annual-passholder-merchandise/

Last edited:
NEWS

Haunted Mansion merchandise at Memento Mori

All of these items are available now at Memento Mori at the Magic Kingdom, several should be available elsewhere around the resort if you look hard enough (or use the Shop Disney Parks mobile app).

Adult-sized t-shirt 2 for $40 in Memento Mori right now, not sure how long that will last.
upload_2017-8-15_20-5-53.png

A few new open edition Haunted Mansion pins were released as well.

upload_2017-8-15_20-7-11.png

NEWS

The Emporium is gearing up for Halloween! With the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party in less than 10 days, they have filled the shelves with new arrivals for the Halloween season. The items available are the 2017 shirts that were announced earlier as well a TON of A Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise.

View attachment 262091

There is no shortage of Halloween items themed with A Nightmare Before Christmas! Walls and shelves line the Emporium with different items featuring Jack, Sally, and the Oogie Boogie Man
View attachment 262092

View attachment 262093

Annual Pass Holders MNSSHP and Food & Wine Merchandise:
http://blogmickey.com/2017/08/2017-food-wine-halloween-party-annual-passholder-merchandise/

I like this stuff more than the MNSSHP merch. I love the black and purple mini top in the top right of the 2nd picture and the gang in costumes in the 1st picture looks like a better tee as well.

This one?
View attachment 262136

Love this too. More colorful but the one for MNSSHP is just lacking!
View attachment 262141

I think Disney went from fab to drab since 2015!

Yeah that one, although the one underneath is glow in the dark judging my the sticker. I think 2016 is still better than this year. I'm sure I'll get hyped up with excitement and still buy something at MNSSHP.

I wonder what they will do with popcorn buckets this year.

Yeah that one, although the one underneath is glow in the dark judging my the sticker. I think 2016 is still better than this year. I'm sure I'll get hyped up with excitement and still buy something at MNSSHP.

I wonder what they will do with popcorn buckets this year.

I bet it'll be the same one from last year, the burgandy vampire Mickey. The color reminds me of the Tower of Terror.
upload_2017-8-16_10-55-5.png

Going through my notes I almost forgot about the "Return to Sleepy Hallow Event". Looking forward to the reports at the end of September. :-)

NEWS

Stitch’s Great Escape will close again this Sunday, August 20th as it completes its “seasonal operation” for the Summer. The last day to experience the attraction is August 19th.
upload_2017-8-16_11-40-45.png

I bet it'll be the same one from last year, the burgandy vampire Mickey. The color reminds me of the Tower of Terror.
View attachment 262253

Going through my notes I almost forgot about the "Return to Sleepy Hallow Event". Looking forward to the reports at the end of September. :-)

Hmm, I don't think I'll get one, its usually butter or salt popcorn. I like sweet or toffee popcorn. I think I'll have plenty of souviner cups though, not long cleared out the last (not Disney ones just other parks) lot but the new ones I plan to get are better. :rolleyes1

I need to bump the thread up before I so I can find it quickly to do a quick report.

NEWS

Stitch’s Great Escape will close again this Sunday, August 20th as it completes its “seasonal operation” for the Summer. The last day to experience the attraction is August 19th.

Now that is one I don't care about.
:lmao: I went on it once and the seat kept pushing down on my shoulders and it really hurt.

Hmm, I don't think I'll get one, its usually butter or salt popcorn. I like sweet or toffee popcorn. I think I'll have plenty of souviner cups though, not long cleared out the last (not Disney ones just other parks) lot but the new ones I plan to get are better. :rolleyes1

I need to bump the thread up before I so I can find it quickly to do a quick report.

Now that is one I don't care about.
:lmao: I went on it once and the seat kept pushing down on my shoulders and it really hurt.

My son was totally offended when Stitch spat on him :rotfl2:"Never again Mamma!"

My son was totally offended when Stitch spat on him :rotfl2:"Never again Mamma!"

Haha I would have happily had Stitch spit on me over the discomfort, oh well, I think they could have created a much better ride for Stitch. When they were talking about rides they would like to see on DISunplugged I can't remember if they actually mentioned it or if I thought of it but Yzma and Kronk's ride to her lab from Emperor's New Groove. I would love that as a coaster.

I was just watching a vlog on Orlando and Florida kids are back at school already? UK kids don't go back till first week of September (one year I went back at the end of August and it was horrible) and University students don't start till late September.

I wish I had a costume update but I was promised help on adding those pouches to my belt and I'm still waiting. I want to get to the dress ASAP its one month to go tomorrow.

Haha I would have happily had Stitch spit on me over the discomfort, oh well, I think they could have created a much better ride for Stitch. When they were talking about rides they would like to see on DISunplugged I can't remember if they actually mentioned it or if I thought of it but Yzma and Kronk's ride to her lab from Emperor's New Groove. I would love that as a coaster.

I was just watching a vlog on Orlando and Florida kids are back at school already? UK kids don't go back till first week of September (one year I went back at the end of August and it was horrible) and University students don't start till late September.

I wish I had a costume update but I was promised help on adding those pouches to my belt and I'm still waiting. I want to get to the dress ASAP its one month to go tomorrow.

Okay I am LOVING the emperors new groove coaster idea! I'm actually a bit sad it's not a real thing haha.
DD goes back to school 8/28. We live in MA. I do have some friends from other parts of the country that have already started school. We usually start late august, early September and end mid to late June depending on snow days. We have winter break (two weeks), February vacation and April vacation for one week each.

Okay I am LOVING the emperors new groove coaster idea! I'm actually a bit sad it's not a real thing haha.
DD goes back to school 8/28. We live in MA. I do have some friends from other parts of the country that have already started school. We usually start late august, early September and end mid to late June depending on snow days. We have winter break (two weeks), February vacation and April vacation for one week each.

I know it would be so fun.

Ah ok, from when I was at school it was: start early September, 1-2 weeks in October off for half term, 2 weeks off in December for Christmas, 1 week off in late February for half term, then 1 or 2 weeks off at Easter (for schools that did 2 weeks in October the Easter half term was 1 week) I say Easter but sometimes it didn't line up with Easter. Then 1 week off in May and then finish mid July. Basically my school was every 6 weeks we got a week or two off and then over summer we had 6 weeks off. I think most schools were going to copy that method now.

I think I finally figured out how to post a pic. Here is my costume idea. I'm going to be a Haunted Mansion Barista. (totally made that up)...
I will wear this and do HM make up and make my hair look old and scary....
View attachment 262329

I love it, it's going to look awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter