MNSSHP 2015 - Be Prepared For Chaos

My leather watch was over it the wrist band and then my magic band I switch and placed the items on my opposite wrist midway through the party incase they asked but still nothing - my mother in law wore a sweater too and nothing. Again maybe they were sweeping out main street when the party began

I was curious because if it's exposed, the CMs often see it without asking.

I am going on 10/15 using discount tickets from the convention I am attending. Hopefully most of the convention guest will have purchased the Epcot Food & Wine night instead of the Halloween party:) The only peek time I will not go again is New Years Eve, and it was not so much the crowds but that they passed out horn hours ahead of time and it drove us nuts.

There was no chaos on Friday night. It was awesome. Rides were walk-ons. It took longer to get through the entrance to each ride.

Found out they're only putting out a certain number of special merchandise only when they sell out. We had to ask for a specific size and he said that they had a ton in the back, but couldn't put them out yet.

They checked wristbands all night and wouldn't let anyone in shops without them.

I hope other people had a great time too! We have tons of candy. They are also trick or treating of the Fantasy this week so we have TONS of sugar.

They need to up the security and eject the trash who didn't buy tickets out of the park.

While I mostly agree, I don't think everyone that was in the park after 7 PM could be labeled as "trash". Yes, there are freeloaders thar try and stay on purpose, but last Tuesday there were no overhead announcements throughout the park indicating that there was a party and that the park was closing at 7 PM. I'm pretty sure that some people just had no idea that a party was going on. And really, if nobody asked them if they were wearing a party wristband,why wouldn't they stay? That's Disney's fault 100%.

That's not very nice. I hope everybody has a great time.

I say that with tongue in cheek just because the party I went to on Tuesday was a madhouse because of CM's not clearing the park of non-party goers.

I
Disney emailed me back today, asking to see the front and back of my tickets (????) along with my receipt of purchase and they will investigate further. Not sure what else there is to investigate. I sent them a copy of my email receipt but I don't have he hard tickets anymore and I can't get the numbers out of MDE. So, we shall see what they say. Another update will be forthcoming as soon as I have one!

I got the same thing today. I can't give them what I don't have. Looks like a phone call in the morning.

I

I got the same thing today. I can't give them what I don't have. Looks like a phone call in the morning.

I'm assuming they want to make sure I actually purchased tickets - I think that with the confirmation email and receipt they should be able to get all of the pertinent information they need.

We had a pretty good experience sunday night, 9/20. Arrived at MK around 4:20, no wait getting in. It was crowded, but not as bad as when we went in May. Crowds got noticeably smaller throughout the night.
-Our longest wait was for Jack Sparrow, at around 50 minutes having gotten in line at 6:48 and being maybe 10 groups back. (to be fair, he had a wardrobe malfunction and had to run off to fix it after only being out for about 10-15 minutes)
-We got a ton of candy without ever waiting long at all, no matter how long the line looked.
-Ride and character wait times seemed pretty reasonably for the most part, and we could have easily met a lot more characters if we planned a bit better.
-We were checked for bands multiple times, starting right at 7. This included lines of CM's blocking paths. I say maybe 2 or 3 people without bands later into the party.
-The hocus pocus show is wonderful, and we ended up getting an acceptable to us, off to the side spot for the very first show.
-Watched the fireworks from outside PFF and were blown away by the 360 view. We found a spot *after* they had started.
-Watched the 2nd parade in frontier land with excellent spots at about a 15 minute wait, but that was because we chose to sit down earlier. We could have walked up to the same spot much later.
-Couldn't find the candy corn cotton candy anywhere, which was a big let down because I really wanted to try it.
-No hocus pocus shirts were available at all "but they're coming in"
-We actually had a bit of a tough time finding characters. To be fair, we didn't pay a lot of attention to the map, and I think we had bad timing as we saw a lot of them just as the were leaving their spot.

All in all, had fun, DB a little more so than me. Still planning on attending an xmas party in november.

We had a pretty good experience sunday night, 9/20. Arrived at MK around 4:20, no wait getting in. It was crowded, but not as bad as when we went in May. Crowds got noticeably smaller throughout the night.
-Our longest wait was for Jack Sparrow, at around 50 minutes having gotten in line at 6:48 and being maybe 10 groups back. (to be fair, he had a wardrobe malfunction and had to run off to fix it after only being out for about 10-15 minutes)
-We got a ton of candy without ever waiting long at all, no matter how long the line looked.
-Ride and character wait times seemed pretty reasonably for the most part, and we could have easily met a lot more characters if we planned a bit better.
-We were checked for bands multiple times, starting right at 7. This included lines of CM's blocking paths. I say maybe 2 or 3 people without bands later into the party.
-The hocus pocus show is wonderful, and we ended up getting an acceptable to us, off to the side spot for the very first show.
-Watched the fireworks from outside PFF and were blown away by the 360 view. We found a spot *after* they had started.
-Watched the 2nd parade in frontier land with excellent spots at about a 15 minute wait, but that was because we chose to sit down earlier. We could have walked up to the same spot much later.
-Couldn't find the candy corn cotton candy anywhere, which was a big let down because I really wanted to try it.
-No hocus pocus shirts were available at all "but they're coming in"
-We actually had a bit of a tough time finding characters. To be fair, we didn't pay a lot of attention to the map, and I think we had bad timing as we saw a lot of them just as the were leaving their spot.

All in all, had fun, DB a little more so than me. Still planning on attending an xmas party in november.

Glad to hear you had a great time. Sounds like the night I was expecting on 9/15, but instead got EXACTLY what the OP experienced. I'm jealous that the PP was offered a chance to attend the second party on 9/18. After waiting for about 45 minutes to complain at Guest Services about the party, I was only given a FP+ for 7DMT. :(

Last night's party was crowded in all the expected areas:
- Hub for all Hocus Pocus shows including the 12:00 show.
- Hub for fireworks although a person with sensory/personal space issues would have been okay. We found a spot in the center of the Hub - midway between the Partners statue and the Hub/Mainstreet intersection 5 minutes before the projection show began.
- Frontierland a few minutes before the 1st parade step-off was 7-8 people deep... we were on our way to meet Donald.
- character lines were long even during the first parade. Donald/Daisy/Minnie's wait time was at least 30 minutes when we stopped by at 8:40... we didn't get in line as we were trying to meet Donald before 9:00 and it wasn't going to happen. At 9:00, Lotso's line was a 45 minute wait.
- we saw long Treat station lines. Guests who were in front of us at the 8:00 Hocus Pocus tried to hand off their Tootsie Roll stash to us and we declined... we had no plans for candy gathering especially not for Tootsie Rolls.
- the crowd on Main Street for the 2nd parade was 3 people deep. We found curbside seating 40 minutes before the Headless Horseman appeared.

Purple Hocus Pocus shirts were in plentiful supply at Emporium. They look much better than the green shirt that was in limited supply at the 1st party. And, they were being sold before 7:00p.

Barnstormer was a walk-on at 8:45. Our only ride of the night!

Security was doing their job with wristband-less people. At 12:30, after the last crowded Hocus Pocus, we passed by a group of 6 people being held by a security officer. We overheard him: "Did you guys work tonight? Yes? Where are your wristbands?" Early termination for them, most likely.

We loaded onto the 2nd resort Monorail that arrived at the station at 12:45 or so.

Overall, we were expecting the crowded conditions and our goals weren't extensive: one or two Hocus Pocus shows, fireworks, 2nd parade, and one specific meet and greet. We didn't accomplish the meet and greet mainly because of the timing.

For most guests, what we accomplished for the night would have been a disappointment.

Does anyone have any pictures of the merch they are selling!? I'm so excited!!! It all comes down to the swag, hahaha.

OOOOH LOVE the pumpkin ornaments and the Sanderson Sisters tshirt!! EEEEK Can't wait! Thanks Angel!!

Last night's party was crowded in all the expected areas:
- Hub for all Hocus Pocus shows including the 12:00 show.
- Hub for fireworks although a person with sensory/personal space issues would have been okay. We found a spot in the center of the Hub - midway between the Partners statue and the Hub/Mainstreet intersection 5 minutes before the projection show began.
- Frontierland a few minutes before the 1st parade step-off was 7-8 people deep... we were on our way to meet Donald.
- character lines were long even during the first parade. Donald/Daisy/Minnie's wait time was at least 30 minutes when we stopped by at 8:40... we didn't get in line as we were trying to meet Donald before 9:00 and it wasn't going to happen. At 9:00, Lotso's line was a 45 minute wait.
- we saw long Treat station lines. Guests who were in front of us at the 8:00 Hocus Pocus tried to hand off their Tootsie Roll stash to us and we declined... we had no plans for candy gathering especially not for Tootsie Rolls.
- the crowd on Main Street for the 2nd parade was 3 people deep. We found curbside seating 40 minutes before the Headless Horseman appeared.

Purple Hocus Pocus shirts were in plentiful supply at Emporium. They look much better than the green shirt that was in limited supply at the 1st party. And, they were being sold before 7:00p.

Barnstormer was a walk-on at 8:45. Our only ride of the night!

Security was doing their job with wristband-less people. At 12:30, after the last crowded Hocus Pocus, we passed by a group of 6 people being held by a security officer. We overheard him: "Did you guys work tonight? Yes? Where are your wristbands?" Early termination for them, most likely.

We loaded onto the 2nd resort Monorail that arrived at the station at 12:45 or so.

Overall, we were expecting the crowded conditions and our goals weren't extensive: one or two Hocus Pocus shows, fireworks, 2nd parade, and one specific meet and greet. We didn't accomplish the meet and greet mainly because of the timing.

For most guests, what we accomplished for the night would have been a disappointment.
Thanks for the update. Just kinda proves my point that it's not the "trash" that's making it feel crowded.

Can I ask those of you that have attended the MNSSHP thus far......we attended last year and we were sent actual hard tickets. We are coming back in October and are attending the party again. The CM on the phone, whom I purchased the tickets from, said that we would not get actual HARD tickets this year, but they would be linked to our magic bands. When I log into MDE, I can see the party tickets for all 4 of us. My questions is this, have any of you received HARD tickets or is the magic band thing how they are doing it this year? I just don't want to have any issues when we get there. Thanks so much for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter