MNSSHP 2006, Ready to start planning!

we're gonna be at Disney from 26th October :cool1:

really looking forward to all the halloween fun!!

should we avoid halloween night itself or do they put on extra stuff that night?

I'm already thinking about what I'm going to wear :teeth:

Sandi12404 said:
We're going Sept. 30 through Oct. 8, too. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I've heard that they only have MNSSHP on Fridays until the second or third week. Does anyone know if this is true? We have a large group so we can't wait very long to get our plans in order.
Hi! I'll be there Sept. 30 through Oct. 8. I'm thinking that Mnsshp will be on Sun, Thurs and Fri, that week. This is according to last year's schedule. :wave2:

Can't wait to go again this year but a Q. Last time we went on a Thursday night (2004) and it was great. Are the Sunday night parties typically more crowded?? We are looking at Oct 15th for this year.

We'll be there for the first MNSSHP. We went last year and it was HOT HOT HOT. DD was OK because she was dressed as Minnie, but DS was a Power Ranger and ended up taking off his costume after about an hour.

I was wondering also about LTT, will they take ADR's at 180 days out for that night. Its almost time to call.

We are going oct 14th > 28th. Haven't been to mnsshp for a few years, interested about any changes? Know the fortune tellers are gone, that's too bad, it was kinda cool.

We have worn anything from lite pj's to heavy Pooh costumes and it has been cool or hot. You never know. Just wear something easy to move around in ;)

mky :wizard:

We went last year and had a blast! It was very, very hot though. We can't wait to go this year.

Hi!! So glad to see this thread. AFter 3 consecutive Thanksgivings at WDW, this year's trip will be Oct. 14-21 and we're going to MNSSHP!!!!! :cool1:

One question, could someone "guesstimate" the % of adults wear costumes? THANKS

bradyloganmom said:
Hi!! So glad to see this thread. AFter 3 consecutive Thanksgivings at WDW, this year's trip will be Oct. 14-21 and we're going to MNSSHP!!!!! :cool1:

One question, could someone "guesstimate" the % of adults wear costumes? THANKS

There are A LOT of parents who wear costumes, so if you're thinking you'll be a sight or minority, don't give it a thought.

A guesstimate would be about 60%

come on you are missing the best of mnsshp all the candy.when to 2004 and went home with our beach towel bag full. had to be that least 10 lbs of candy or more .the later in the night the more candy they stick in your trick or treat bags. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Wow, thanks for the advise on the light costumes! I'm not sure I would have thought about it too much. Coming from NJ, I usually go for the heavy costumes for the kids. This year will be different! :thumbsup2

From what I had heard from my friends who went last year, they were giving out some nice treats, not just penny candy. :confused3 They went home with bags of the stuff from one night!

I'm still hoping they come out with the dates by the end of the month for those of us in the planning stages of our trip! :woohoo:

I know it is "not so scary" but anyone remember anything scary in previous years? Are there guidelines for other guests as to what costumes are appropriate? We made the mistake of riding Dinosaur as one of our first rides this past year and the whole rest of the trip the kids were anxious about each ride, even IASW! I would like to make our next trip as "nonscary" as possible, but of course it is Halloween time! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the great info, you guys are awesome! :cool1:

mama22 said:
From what I had heard from my friends who went last year, they were giving out some nice treats, not just penny candy. :confused3 They went home with bags of the stuff from one night!

We went two nights last year at the beginning of October. My three kids had so much candy that we gave it out on Halloween at our house, let a neighbor have some because she ran out of candy and still had some left. They were very generous the nights we were there.

HBC

Happy Birthday Cat said:
We went two nights last year at the beginning of October. My three kids had so much candy that we gave it out on Halloween at our house, let a neighbor have some because she ran out of candy and still had some left. They were very generous the nights we were there.

HBC

My friends did the same thing! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

gabbyrosebud said:
Hi Michelina, We'll be there the same time. I remember reading from last years thread that it was very hot the first weeks of the Mnsshp. I think that we'll all be in short sleeve costumes. We're playing around with the idea of going as Peter Pan characters. DS will be a pirate, DD will be tink and I'll be Wendy. I know I'll be comfortable, I'm wearing pajamas! :rotfl:

Yes, we were at MNSSHP on 10/2 and it was indeed hot.

Happy Birthday Cat said:

HBC

We also could not believe the amount of candy they gave out. And the majority of it was good stuff.

bradyloganmom,

the year we went (2004) for gave out smalliest orange mickey bags. But the also sold other bags if wanted. :thumbsup2

mky princess:

We've gone in 2000, 2003, 2005 and trying to catch one in 2006. We're arriving the evening of Oct 28th so we'll have to see what night we can fit in since we're also are trying to fit in Halloween Horror Night at Universal.

Last year our 21 year DD had a broken arm so she really received alot of candy. I guess they felt sorry for her in the heat with a cast. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter