MNSSHP 2006, Ready to start planning!

momrek06 said:
I hate to even say this because it makes me feel like a BIG HUGE ENORMOUS IDIOT, what exactly does MNSSHP stand for.......hhmmmm :confused3
Just in case you're not kidding:
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which is pure heaven on Earth! Extremely magical! Imagine, trick or treating and getting dressed up in a costume and walking around the Magic Kingdom!! What could be better in life? I will tell you - Nothing!!!!

I'm actually thinking about doing this instead of going to the Christmas celebration. I'll bet the weather will be a lot warmer the first week of October than it would be in December. I'm going to keep my options open and give this some serious thought. I just got to talk to my wife and see if she has her heart set on going in December for her Birthday. I went to WDW in Oct 2002 and the weather and crowds were perfect.

Corryn said:
You know, I've been noticing people have been mentioning attending the party on weekday nights. When we attended in '03, it was on a Friday night.

What nights, generally, are the party held on?

Hi! I checked the dates of last years Msshp. They held the parties on Friday, Sunday then Thursday. Then Friday, Tuesday and Thurday the following week. They would alternate week to week. I hope this helps. :sunny:

I don't know if we will make ADRs for the night of the party. We did LTT for MVMCP which we really liked. However, I think we would rather spend as much time as possible enjoying the party rather than waiting to be seated and served. We do have to eat though... maybe counter service? Maybe Crystal Palace is faster? With young kids, the early evening hours are precious. :jumping1:

Anyone know if we can enter the park at 4pm with our tickets?
Thanks! :cool1:
Hi! I just wanted to let you know how much fun LTT is the night of the party. The characters dressed up with masks, and Pluto wore a pumpkin hat. They were so cute and our pictures were amazing! I would try to make your ADRs as early as possible. I'm shooting for around 4:30 to 5:00 at the latest. Our ADR last time was at 5:40 and we didn't get seated until after 6:00. We didn't get out to the party until after 7:00. It was extremely busy, but worth it!

We did go to CP on another Mnnshp night. It was crazy in there! Service was very slow and it was very hard to get all the characters to our table. The food was delicious, but I remember thinking I wouldn't come back on a Mnsshp night.

Happy planning! :yay:

Yup, that helped :)

It's my opinion that the best weather in Florida is September and October. It's still "hot" enough to wear shorts but it's not where you feel you might get heat stroke.
My birthday sometimes falls on Thanksgiving and I hear it gets crowded down there at that time. So when I return in October, I'll just consider it an early birthday present

MNSSHP, yeah! :banana:

We'll be checking into the Poly on Sat. Oct 21 and checking out on Sat. Oct 28. I know the dates aren't released yet but we're planning on attending MNSSHP on Sun. Oct 22 and Thu. Oct 26.

I already have all my ADRs decided - I just have to wait for late April to call 'em in!

Debbie

I'm so excited about MNSSHP! I've never been, but have heard such wonderful things about it. Now, if only I could convince DB/F to dress up... hmm... ;)

We've been to MVMCP the past 2 yrs and decided to go in October this year for MNSSHP. I have my resort and airline booked already, Oct. 18-22 and am planning on Thurs the 19th for the party. Hopefully they will use the same schedule as last year! I've already been shopping the thrift stores for our costumes!

Sorry for the obvious newbie question!

I thought I understood it worked this way (but now I'm not sure!) -- are the tickets for MNSSHP all you need to enter the parks? You don't need to use one of your park hopper days, do you? I was planning to have a rest day that day, long naps and then really enjoy the evening. I thought I've read they will let you in before 7pm but is that just if you use your regular admission ticket?

Thank you!

MermaidMom said:
Sorry for the obvious newbie question!

I thought I understood it worked this way (but now I'm not sure!) -- are the tickets for MNSSHP all you need to enter the parks? You don't need to use one of your park hopper days, do you? I was planning to have a rest day that day, long naps and then really enjoy the evening. I thought I've read they will let you in before 7pm but is that just if you use your regular admission ticket?

Thank you!

For the past few years, they have 'unofficially' been letting party goers in with just their party ticket after 4:00p. Of course, that could always change but I doubt it.

So after 4:00p you can enter with just your party ticket. They will give you a wristband to show you are attending the party.

You can get in any time after 4 p.m. with just your MNSSHP ticket. You will not need to use a regular park ticket if you wait until 4 :)

gabbyrosebud, thanks for the info on LTT the night of MNSSHP, maybe we will do it after all! :goodvibes

Anyone remember what kind of shows or special events they have the night of the party?

We'll be at WDW from Sept. 29th - Oct. 8th, this is our first MNNSHP and I'm so excited!
For those who've been around the same time, is it pretty warm? I'm thinking that if we wear costumes it won't be anything elaborate cause I hate to be too hot!

mama22 said:
gabbyrosebud, thanks for the info on LTT the night of MNSSHP, maybe we will do it after all! :goodvibes

Anyone remember what kind of shows or special events they have the night of the party?

You're welcome! Mnsshp was the highlight of our trip in 2004. That's why we'll be going twice this time! :thumbsup2

I remember reading the thread about last years party. It has all the information you'll need and hopefully will be very similar to this years party.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=809958

Have fun! :wizard:

Michelina said:
We'll be at WDW from Sept. 29th - Oct. 8th, this is our first MNNSHP and I'm so excited!
For those who've been around the same time, is it pretty warm? I'm thinking that if we wear costumes it won't be anything elaborate cause I hate to be too hot!

We were there in early October in 2004 and it is still hot. I would definately recommend "light" costumes.

Michelina said:

Hi Michelina, We'll be there the same time. I remember reading from last years thread that it was very hot the first weeks of the Mnsshp. I think that we'll all be in short sleeve costumes. We're playing around with the idea of going as Peter Pan characters. DS will be a pirate, DD will be tink and I'll be Wendy. I know I'll be comfortable, I'm wearing pajamas! :rotfl:

I LOVE MNSSHP so count us in!! We have not decided on dates until the "Hurricane Special" rates come out (May sometime).

I have to respectfully disagree with others who say it is not as hot in Sept or Oct. We went 10/4-10/14 last year and it was MISERABLE!! I've been in May and June when it was cooler, honestly. The lowest temp during our trip was 94 and humidity was always around 85%.

I also STRONGLY second LIGHT and COOL costumes! My son was sweaty and miserable in his Dash costume. This year, it's light and comfy.

Don't miss the MNSSHP, we will probably even go twice just for Hallowishes...AMAZING!!

PixiePop said:
We were there in early October in 2004 and it is still hot. I would definately recommend "light" costumes.

I agree! We were there October 7, 2005 and I couldn't believe how hot it was up until midnight! The air was very heavy and the sky looked like it was going to pour any minute and there were very dark storm clouds, but luckily the rain held off. My dd had a long sleeved dress on (Corpse Bride) but the fabric was very thin so it wasn't that bad for her. I am definetly planning lighter costumes for 2006.

I think I need to "hook up" with some of you guys!!

We went last year Oct 7 Thursday I believe - I hated it!! It was so crowded - there were so many really, really RUDE adults pushing to get the penny candy, lines to get the penny candy seemd long - maybe only 5 min, they moved fast, but at least 20 30 people in every line we passed - not worth it - penny candy, laffy taffy stuff, suckers, not memorable!!

It was HOT HOT HOT plus humid!! It rained most of the day, and the first part of the evening, while we were eating at LTT, they cancelled the first parade, so the 10 pm parade was wall to wall people - everywhere - you could barely see it!! and again so many people rushing the cm's that were giving candy penny CANDY?! :confused3

We rode the ride abouve tomorrow land 3 or 4 times, no lines there, it was the only place to get away from the people!

The fireworks were great. $30 a piece for magical fireworks...

What did I do wrong?

We're going Sept. 30 through Oct. 8, too. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I've heard that they only have MNSSHP on Fridays until the second or third week. Does anyone know if this is true? We have a large group so we can't wait very long to get our plans in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter