MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

So I have been waiting for April dates to be released however, I just noticed they are offering Extra Magic Hours on Sunday April 7th (my day), so no EMM that day....sigh

Do they care if you take the breakfast items out? I'm not looking to stuff my bags with extras, but with 2 small kids, we don't want to waste too much prime morning time waiting for them to slowly eat their food.

I did this in December, I had a collapsible tupperwear container with me and I took 3 croissants to go when we were leaving. I didn't ask permission persay, I just figured since we only stayed a few minutes and didn't eat much taking 3 croissants to go wasn't going to make or break Disney. One worker def saw what I was doing and didn't say anything so I assumed that was fine. I'm going to venture to guess that if I was trying to take a lot with me or an entire breakfast, they might frown upon that and enforce some sort of rules. BTW, the chocolate croissants are tasty.

Do they care if you take the breakfast items out? I'm not looking to stuff my bags with extras, but with 2 small kids, we don't want to waste too much prime morning time waiting for them to slowly eat their food.

We’ve done EMM 3 times & everytime we went the staff encouraged us to take extra pastries & water/coffee/juice with us as we were leaving so it’s fine to take that kind of food out as far as I’m aware.

I'm excited to see the reviews! I was worried that the change would not be positive.

We're booked for a couple of weeks from now. My DH, 3 yo GS and me. PP will be closed. We're fairly new to traveling with a stroller again. We always toured commando style with our kids! I have a knee injury for a few years and this will be my first time in the parks without using a scooter, I don't want to kill myself but I'd like to have a plan that doesn't involve to much backtracking for EMM and to get the most of our time.

Can anyone help me with a plan/order that might work for EMM? Probably it would behoove to park and leave the stroller at our first stop. I'd love to do each thing twice except small world if that's possible. Any suggestions?

You might want to look at EasyWDW.com's review of the updated event - he gives some good ideas on how to lay it out so you're maximizing your time.

If it were me, I'd probably start at Pooh, since Peter Pan will be closed, and do that 2x, then do 7DMT after the first wave has gone through. Then pick up the rest of the rides in whatever order you want - maybe Small World first, then Ariel, then Teacups, and then breakfast?

You might want to look at EasyWDW.com's review of the updated event - he gives some good ideas on how to lay it out so you're maximizing your time.

If it were me, I'd probably start at Pooh, since Peter Pan will be closed, and do that 2x, then do 7DMT after the first wave has gone through. Then pick up the rest of the rides in whatever order you want - maybe Small World first, then Ariel, then Teacups, and then breakfast?
Thank you!!! And I'll check that out!

So could I go to the restaurant, not go into line for the plate of food, and head straight for the cold platter / pastries?

I'm thinking of skipping breakfast all together or just running in and out and grabbing a few things quickly around 8:45 before heading to the left side of the park at 9;00.

So could I go to the restaurant, not go into line for the plate of food, and head straight for the cold platter / pastries?

I'm thinking of skipping breakfast all together or just running in and out and grabbing a few things quickly around 8:45 before heading to the left side of the park at 9;00.
Yes, you can skip the line for ordering food. However, from what I understand (as we have yet to do this event with the new format), you would also end up skipping beverages. I think it’s a big mistake of Disney to offer it this way. My family isn’t interested in the hot breakfast items. We aren’t big breakfast eaters and prefer the continental breakfast items (not to mention, I am sure there are other adults who just want more coffee!). If we go into the restaurant at all, it would be for the continental items, and we would just bring our own beverages. Sad I have to miss out on the coffee, but I am not waiting in a line just for that!

Don’t know if this was already mentioned, but do you know where EMM guests have to wait to rope drop space mountain? I used to have to wait by Winnie the Pooh, but now wondering how it is with the new setup.

Thanks!

Don’t know if this was already mentioned, but do you know where EMM guests have to wait to rope drop space mountain? I used to have to wait by Winnie the Pooh, but now wondering how it is with the new setup.

Thanks!

And how is it at rope drop for Space? Do cast members walk the EMM crowd to meet up with the regular RD crowd?

The last time we did EMM (November), we were held at Pooh. When the fireworks went off, we all made a mad dash to space. We saw the HUGE RD crowd coming from the hub and tried to out “walk” them. The CM started yelling at EMMers who were out front running trying to beat the regular crowd. He yelled at them multiple
times to please walk and not run. Most of us EMMers met up with the Regular crowd about 30 yards out, but a dad and his son beat us all to the front by about 10 feet. The CM who was now red in the face told them to go to the back of the VERY LONG line!!!! The dad refused. The CM told them he asked them over and over to slow down, and since they didn’t obey the rules, they would have to go to the back. Now by this point the line was huge, and we all waited about 2-3 (very long) minutes while they had a show down of machismo.

People in line started yelling at them
To let us through, and finally the Dad demanded the CM take him to his manager, and off they went in a huff.

Crazy!

And how is it at rope drop for Space? Do cast members walk the EMM crowd to meet up with the regular RD crowd?

The last time we did EMM (November), we were held at Pooh. When the fireworks went off, we all made a mad dash to space. We saw the HUGE RD crowd coming from the hub and tried to out “walk” them. The CM started yelling at EMMers who were out front running trying to beat the regular crowd. He yelled at them multiple
times to please walk and not run. Most of us EMMers met up with the Regular crowd about 30 yards out, but a dad and his son beat us all to the front by about 10 feet. The CM who was now red in the face told them to go to the back of the VERY LONG line!!!! The dad refused. The CM told them he asked them over and over to slow down, and since they didn’t obey the rules, they would have to go to the back. Now by this point the line was huge, and we all waited about 2-3 (very long) minutes while they had a show down of machismo.

People in line started yelling at them
To let us through, and finally the Dad demanded the CM take him to his manager, and off they went in a huff.

Crazy!
Didn't really want to "like" this. But, WOW, some folks are just incredibly rude.

Does anyone have pics of the breakfast items at the EMM?
I was very underwhelmed what they offered at TSL EMM,

Thank You
Liz:rose:

I did this in December, I had a collapsible tupperwear container with me and I took 3 croissants to go when we were leaving. I didn't ask permission persay, I just figured since we only stayed a few minutes and didn't eat much taking 3 croissants to go wasn't going to make or break Disney. One worker def saw what I was doing and didn't say anything so I assumed that was fine. I'm going to venture to guess that if I was trying to take a lot with me or an entire breakfast, they might frown upon that and enforce some sort of rules. BTW, the chocolate croissants are tasty.

I've taken some stuff from dessert parties similarly.

I think if you are reasonable about it it's no biggie. Don't empty a tray into your backpack. put some stuff on a plate and pack it up at a table instead. It looks bad if you dump the trays directly ;) people on the restaurant board WILL trash you!

We are staying at the Poly and purchased early morning magic at MK so we need to arrive by 7:30. MK doesn’t officially open until 9am and several sites have stated that the ferry and the monorail don’t start running until 30 minutes prior to park opening. Is this correct? I was looking forward to utilizing them since I’m staying at Poly for first time. Do I have to take a bus to get there? If so, how early am I going to need to leave my resort to make it on time?

We are staying at the Poly and purchased early morning magic at MK so we need to arrive by 7:30. MK doesn’t officially open until 9am and several sites have stated that the ferry and the monorail don’t start running until 30 minutes prior to park opening. Is this correct? I was looking forward to utilizing them since I’m staying at Poly for first time. Do I have to take a bus to get there? If so, how early am I going to need to leave my resort to make it on time?
I am almost positive the monorail will be running. We have taken the resort monorail twice at a little after 7:00 and another time at 7:25 for this event. I don’t think it even occurred to me that the monorail might not be running at that time, lol. I’m less familiar with boat transportation. Possibly someone else will know if those tend to be running early in the morning.

So during our March trip our EMM options are either the day after the time change (not going to fly with some of our party) or our last WDW day. That’s last day we had been planning to move hotels so I had resigned myself to doing just TSL EMM and not doing MK this time. We have a few MK days, we probably don't really NEED the early access to get everything done.

But! Now we’ve switched accommodations and are not moving hotels on March 12, so we *could* go then...and we’ve saved money with the hotel switch, so it might be in the budget? What a fun way to do our last day, right? Big kid loved riding 7DMT 5 times in a row last year.

I’m thinking I will go ahead and book it and we can always cancel later if we’re all exhausted by then and don’t want the extra magic. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter