MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We took a very quick, last minute trip to Disney last weekend. I brought my SIL and 2 nieces (4 and 1) and was so excited about MK EMM (we went 4/28). I've been to Disney many times but thought EMM would be perfect since we'd have a short stay and we could accomplish more. Perhaps I had too high of expectations?! For the most part, I do pretty good with researching before I go and knowing our plan of action. This trip quickly let me know otherwise.

We stayed at Shades of Green and I had my military salute ticket that needed to be exchanged before entering the park. (We arrived too late the night before to do it.) We left our resort at 6:50AM, thinking it would give us plenty of time to get to TTC to get it activated and travel to MK. Boy, was I wrong. We get to TTC, go thru security, and there is no one at any of the ticket windows to exchange it for me. I asked a CM and they stated someone at MK could help me. So, we go towards the monorail that goes to MK, only to find out the resort monorail is the only one operating (with a long line). I asked about the buses and the boat and they stated they wouldn't start operating until 8am. I immediately felt defeated, knowing it's going to take a bit of time getting there. We finally arrive to MK via Resort monorail around 7:45AM. I get in line for Guest Relations and tell my SIL and 2 girls to go ahead without me and I'd meet up with them. The line was barely moving. I get a call from my SIL a few minutes later and they're holding her and the kids near the castle since the reservation was under my name. (When they went thru the correct turnstiles, they didn't mention they were doing EMM.) They had to wait for me to come up to get their wrist bands. I felt awful! I waited in line at Guest Relations for 20ish minutes. Once I finally reach the window, the cast member is getting everything together and he says, "Oh! Looks like you come here often!" I replied, "Yes sir. And this is the 1st time I've been a bit disappointed with Disney. I know it's not your fault and I'm not angry. But I am disheartened." And I explained what happened. It was about 8:15 by this point and half of our experience was gone. He was so kind and apologetic. He ended up giving us 3 extra FP to use for that day. I was so grateful for that and it helped ease my disappointment. I get to my SIL and the kids about 8:25ish and we start our morning.

Once we got started, we were able to enjoy our experience. It was nice to walk around without the crowds. PP took just a minute or two. Winnie the Pooh was down, though. We met the Princesses and rode the teacups. Just as we were leaving the Princesses, we heard the fireworks go off from the Welcome Show. We were going to ride 7DMT but decided we'd use our FP for it and try some other rides 1st. We went to breakfast around 9:45 and enjoyed it. They didn't start cleaning up until 10:15 or so. I believe had we started on time, we could have accomplished a lot more. I'm still kicking myself in the behind, thinking, should we have left the resort at 6:30? I honestly thought that leaving when we did would give us enough time. Lesson learned! I'm still in a bit of shock that only the resort monorail was running and they didnt have atleast 1 or 2 CM at the ticket windows. We enjoyed our short, 2 day trip, and thankful for the help from Jorge, the CM at Guest Relations. Please forgive me for my venting and short novel! This is a great idea from Disney but perhaps they could tweak some things a bit. I hope that all who get to go, have a fun and smooth experience!

The boat and express monorail start running about 1 hour before park opening, I believe. The resort monorail is the only transportation that runs from the TTC to MK earlier than that. It’s not surprising that it would be crowded. Using Uber or Lyft is a good choice to get there quickly/easily.

They probably didn’t have staff at the TTC ticket windows because it was so early in the morning, and MK likely didn’t have a full staff at that hour either.

Interestingly to go along with these new EMHs, the evening ones for MK were removed. MK 9-midnight on Wed Sep 11th are no longer available. Guess we can't have best of both worlds no matter how busy it may be :).

I’d maybe re check the calendar. I still see MK PM EMHs in Sept??

October MK PM EMHs were never on the calendar to begin with, so seemingly no MK PM EMHs that month.

Attended EMM 5/5.

We got to FQ bus stop at 6:42. Bus to MK arrived at 7:06. Check in and security were very smooth, by 7:30 we were just waiting to be let in.

They allowed people to enter at 7:46. Mine train was down until about 8:20 which made the morning not quite what I expected. I heard lots of reviews of walk ons at Pooh and PP and princesses but did not have this. We did PP first with about 10 min wait. Both princess MGs with about 5-10 min waits. Then Pooh with 10 min wait. The mine train was up so did it 1x with about 10-15 min wait. Walk ons at tea cups and then small world and once we got off they had let everyone else in.

I know those waits are way less than a normal rope drop time but I just didn’t think it was worth the $240 for our family. With mine train down it caused the other rides to get backed up more than I expected for this event.

Breakfast was fine. It was efficient and fast but the food was just ok.

We did Toy Story EMM 5/6 and thought it was much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
I know those waits are way less than a normal rope drop time but I just didn’t think it was worth the $240 for our family. With mine train down it caused the other rides to get backed up more than I expected for this event

Did you talk to guest services? We are doing this event on May 26, just for mine train and Peter Pan. If the same thing happened to me, I would be extremely upset if they did not give me fast passes so my party could ride the mine train at least twice.

Did you talk to guest services? We are doing this event on May 26, just for mine train and Peter Pan. If the same thing happened to me, I would be extremely upset if they did not give me fast passes so my party could ride the mine train at least twice.
I didn’t talk to them that day. I thought about it a few times but my daughter(4) rode for the first time and did not want to go again at all. If she had loved it I’m sure I would have talked to someone. I did write an email that evening just saying that I felt the wait times were disappointing for the amount of money spent on the morning.

Hello, I also attended EMM on 5/5 and wanted to share my experience. Family of four, myself, DW, DS8 and DD7. This is our first family trip to DW.
It was a frantic morning as we wrangled the kids. A monorail passed through as we were walking to the station (my heart skipped a beat) but we were able to catch another at 7:14. The ride was delayed a few minutes because of something going on with the monorail ahead of us that was stopped at the GF.
We got off the Mono and the process was seamless. Cast members were directing people for EMM and early reservations to different sides of a rope. I was happy to see this after hearing about earlier reports of people being able to snag a wristband without having to pay for EMM.
At 7:28 we were waiting under railroad tracks and we’re one of the first 15-20 in line.
At 7:46 we were let in and I had the family jump in an open Main Street Vehicle in order to save the kiddies legs.
All traffic was directed to the right of the castle with no option to go left. We walked all the way to PP. At 7:57 we rode two times without having to leave ride and were done at 8:12. Not sure if it was standby line or FPP. I looked over at Small World and there was zero wait. We skipped it because we had a FPP later on.
At this point we split up. The girls did Princess Fairytale Hall and DS and I did 7DMT. At 8:14 there was a posted wait time of 20 mins. We had to use standby queue. We were off ride at 8:29. The rope was not down and you couldn’t cut through. If you wanted to ride again you had to go all the way out and back on standby line. DS had no interest in riding again. On way out of 7D I saw posted wait time of 15.
We walked on to Pooh and rode twice. We were off the rode at 8:44.
The kids rode the teacups 2x and were off at 8:54. We headed towards Tomorrowland.
Cast members were stationed outside of Cosmic Rays stopping people from heading into Tomorrowland. As soon as the fireworks from welcome show went off we were allowed to start walking. We beat the rope drop crowd by a few steps. That was scary, I grabbed the kids under my arms and carried them towards Buzz. After two rides we went over to Cosmic Rays for some rest. DS and DW were not happy with the food at all. DD and I didn’t eat.
Long story short. Was it worth it? IMHO, yes. After the break at Ray’s we walked back and did Dumbo, Goofy, Donald and Carousel and used my FPP for Small World at 11:54. Walking back through Fantasyland I was astonished at the wait times for the rides we had already done, some of them twice. Thus, making my decision to spend the money justifiable. My family and I we’re back at our room a little after 1pm for our planned nap.
I will say this also, while the kids had a blast I was stressed. We were very lucky. 7DMT was not a priority so we avoided that debacle.
I would also like to thank everyone on here that posted their previous experiences. The information you gave to me was invaluable and I hope that this long winded post of mine helps anyone in the future. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Hello, I also attended EMM on 5/5 and wanted to share my experience. Family of four, myself, DW, DS8 and DD7. This is our first family trip to DW.
It was a frantic morning as we wrangled the kids. A monorail passed through as we were walking to the station (my heart skipped a beat) but we were able to catch another at 7:14. The ride was delayed a few minutes because of something going on with the monorail ahead of us that was stopped at the GF.
We got off the Mono and the process was seamless. Cast members were directing people for EMM and early reservations to different sides of a rope. I was happy to see this after hearing about earlier reports of people being able to snag a wristband without having to pay for EMM.
At 7:28 we were waiting under railroad tracks and we’re one of the first 15-20 in line.
At 7:46 we were let in and I had the family jump in an open Main Street Vehicle in order to save the kiddies legs.
All traffic was directed to the right of the castle with no option to go left. We walked all the way to PP. At 7:57 we rode two times without having to leave ride and were done at 8:12. Not sure if it was standby line or FPP. I looked over at Small World and there was zero wait. We skipped it because we had a FPP later on.
At this point we split up. The girls did Princess Fairytale Hall and DS and I did 7DMT. At 8:14 there was a posted wait time of 20 mins. We had to use standby queue. We were off ride at 8:29. The rope was not down and you couldn’t cut through. If you wanted to ride again you had to go all the way out and back on standby line. DS had no interest in riding again. On way out of 7D I saw posted wait time of 15.
We walked on to Pooh and rode twice. We were off the rode at 8:44.
The kids rode the teacups 2x and were off at 8:54. We headed towards Tomorrowland.
Cast members were stationed outside of Cosmic Rays stopping people from heading into Tomorrowland. As soon as the fireworks from welcome show went off we were allowed to start walking. We beat the rope drop crowd by a few steps. That was scary, I grabbed the kids under my arms and carried them towards Buzz. After two rides we went over to Cosmic Rays for some rest. DS and DW were not happy with the food at all. DD and I didn’t eat.
Long story short. Was it worth it? IMHO, yes. After the break at Ray’s we walked back and did Dumbo, Goofy, Donald and Carousel and used my FPP for Small World at 11:54. Walking back through Fantasyland I was astonished at the wait times for the rides we had already done, some of them twice. Thus, making my decision to spend the money justifiable. My family and I we’re back at our room a little after 1pm for our planned nap.
I will say this also, while the kids had a blast I was stressed. We were very lucky. 7DMT was not a priority so we avoided that debacle.
I would also like to thank everyone on here that posted their previous experiences. The information you gave to me was invaluable and I hope that this long winded post of mine helps anyone in the future. Feel free to ask me any questions.
I second your thanks to the folks on the forum who posted their reviews. We had a seamless morning for EMM, and that was mostly due to the help of this forum.

I'm surprising my mom with the MK EMM this Sunday (Mother's Day). I've tried to read the thread, but think I've missed some details. I'm hoping you awesome DISers can help with two questions.

My mom will have an EVC. I'm worried about being able to get to the park in time to be toward the front of the line. We're staying at the POP; should I try to catch a bus at 6:30, or arrange for an EVC-capable Minnie Van? If the latter, does anyone have experience arranging one?

Secondly, I'm trying to figure out how the breakfast works. What's the latest we can arrive at Cosmic Ray's and still get the breakfast?

TIA!

I'm surprising my mom with the MK EMM this Sunday (Mother's Day). I've tried to read the thread, but think I've missed some details. I'm hoping you awesome DISers can help with two questions.

My mom will have an EVC. I'm worried about being able to get to the park in time to be toward the front of the line. We're staying at the POP; should I try to catch a bus at 6:30, or arrange for an EVC-capable Minnie Van? If the latter, does anyone have experience arranging one?

Secondly, I'm trying to figure out how the breakfast works. What's the latest we can arrive at Cosmic Ray's and still get the breakfast?

TIA!
Hi! I checked the Lyft app and there’s no option for ECV, I’m guessing you’d have to call Disney transportation to set that up. Price for Minnie Van from Pop to MK at 7:24am is $33. There were people getting on the monorail with EVC’s when we were on our way to MK. As far as park touring with them I’m not sure what you would do.

We got to breakfast at 7:25 and they were still pretty busy. Lots of people were waiting on pancakes so my wife and son skipped them. I believe I read earlier in this thread that people went as late as 7:45.

Attended MM this morning. SDMT was down and not expected to be up before 9. They offered FP until 10. That did us no good as we had to get back and pack to check out and who knows if it would be up by then anyway. They refunded us our tickets, but really disappointed. With the risk of SDMT being down ( the only reason we’d do this) I don’t think I’d book this again. DAH is a much better value for us.

I feel this way too, and I don't have little kids. We've done this event several times, so I clearly think it's worth it, but I spend the entire time stressed. Stressed that I am going to arrive late (3 of my 6 times I had transportation issues beyond my control). Stressed power walking to the event. Stressed trying to convince my boys to wait to eat, holding back my urge to to remind them what this event costs. And then there is the constant time watching. I try to remind myself to relax...but it's like an hour long rope drop without the pushing crowds. Once it's over the stress melts away and the rest of the day is so easy. I don't feel the same stress during DAH.

Hate to read these bad experiences! I'm so wishy washy on doing this event in July.

To make it even worse, I had a fp for SM that we were going to try and fit in right at park opening. Got the notice it was down while I was standing at guest services getting a refund.

To make it even worse, I had a fp for SM that we were going to try and fit in right at park opening. Got the notice it was down while I was standing at guest services getting a refund.

:sad2: That would have sent me over the edge. I know that rides go down, but that's just too much at once.

:sad2: That would have sent me over the edge. I know that rides go down, but that's just too much at once.
It did. The CM at guest services wasn’t being pleasant but changed her tune pretty quickly when the notice popped up right after I promised my grandson we’d do Space to make up for the SDMT issue.

I feel this way too, and I don't have little kids. We've done this event several times, so I clearly think it's worth it, but I spend the entire time stressed. Stressed that I am going to arrive late (3 of my 6 times I had transportation issues beyond my control). Stressed power walking to the event. Stressed trying to convince my boys to wait to eat, holding back my urge to to remind them what this event costs. And then there is the constant time watching. I try to remind myself to relax...but it's like an hour long rope drop without the pushing crowds. Once it's over the stress melts away and the rest of the day is so easy. I don't feel the same stress during DAH.

Exactly! The first two hours of the day my heart was racing but looking back on it now my entire days touring was done at noon. We had a Skipper Canteen res for dinner and then knocked out Pirates,Carpets and Jungle Cruise before heading back. That allowed the family to sleep a little later the next morning adding extra value to the price of EMM.
On the contrary, if 7D was a priority I’d be . So it really depends on what your needs are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter