MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

That's strange/interesting the "Special Ticketed Event: 7:45-9" notation is now showing up on several Sept dates. It wasn't like that before. Maybe the people calling everyone to cancel the Sept EMMs should let the park calendar people know what's going on!

You would think lol

Why would there be speculation this has to do with SW? I dont understand since it is in a different park?

Thanks.

You would think lol

Why would there be speculation this has to do with SW? I dont understand since it is in a different park?

Thanks.

I think it's just the expected massive crowds and there's probably a very real chance of park and land capacity closures for at least a few days, if not weeks or more. Disney's been plastering their "capacity may be limited" disclaimer everywhere since they announced opening day. MK - as the people eater it is and the park with more early openings than other parks - may be the natural relief valve.

I can't think of another reason they'd cancel multiple Sept EMM dates in what is otherwise a slow time of year.

Either that or this new format EMM hasn't really been going well operationally or financially and they're cutting it off, and we're just mis-interpreting it being SWGE crowd related. Who knows I guess.

Ok friends. I’ve never done any of these add ons. If they don’t extend the after hours into July which morning EMM would you choose DHS or MK? Obviously this is the MK thread but I’m trying to gauge which would be better for me. I’m solo.

Are you waiting for HS After Hours? The villains dates were announced for July at MK.

I would choose based on which rides you want to do more. I couldn’t decide, so I booked both. :)

Are you waiting for HS After Hours? The villains dates were announced for July at MK.

I would choose based on which rides you want to do more. I couldn’t decide, so I booked both. :)
I am there from July 5-10 so no villains dates for me which sucks. I am hoping for an AK or DHS after hours.

Ok friends. I’ve never done any of these add ons. If they don’t extend the after hours into July which morning EMM would you choose DHS or MK? Obviously this is the MK thread but I’m trying to gauge which would be better for me. I’m solo.
@rteetz, I am surprised that you have not done any of these as you are one of my best references for most things Disney!

I have not done the EMM at MK but loved DHS EMM with TSL and the great breakfast options, but defer to @GADisneyDad14 for an unbiased comparison between the two.

@rteetz, I am surprised that you have not done any of these as you are one of my best references for most things Disney!

I have not done the EMM at MK but loved DHS EMM with TSL and the great breakfast options, but defer to @GADisneyDad14 for an unbiased comparison between the two.
I am usually down for runDisney weekends which means no staying up way late otherwise I would've done them by now.

I am actually feeling very inadequate on comparisons these days, I haven't done the new MK EMM format yet. The Sunday/Tuesday dates kill me, just never seem to work in our travels!

So I got my gift card. It was $200 for 2 adults and 2 kids. Like PP mentioned above, it looks like it can be used for anything. Looks like a regular old e-gift card like I get when I buy the discounted ones from Target.

So I got my gift card. It was $200 for 2 adults and 2 kids. Like PP mentioned above, it looks like it can be used for anything. Looks like a regular old e-gift card like I get when I buy the discounted ones from Target.

If those two kids are under 10 then you got a great deal. My giftcard was $100 for myself and my 11yo, which will be just enough to cover our meals and tip.

Which date were you cancelled for? Wondering when we will get our gift card. Haven't gotten ours yet. Is an e-gift card printable? never used one before lol

If those two kids are under 10 then you got a great deal. My giftcard was $100 for myself and my 11yo, which will be just enough to cover our meals and tip.
Yes they are and I thought the same.

Which date were you cancelled for? Wondering when we will get our gift card. Haven't gotten ours yet. Is an e-gift card printable? never used one before lol
9/1. It has the bar code in the email so yes I'm sure you can print it. We have a couple hard cards we use so we just transfer all our e gift cards to those on disneygiftcard.com

9/1. It has the bar code in the email so yes I'm sure you can print it. We have a couple hard cards we use so we just transfer all our e gift cards to those on disneygiftcard.com

Great thank you! We always use the gift card site to merge cards. So that is what we will probably do too.

I am actually feeling very inadequate on comparisons these days, I haven't done the new MK EMM format yet. The Sunday/Tuesday dates kill me, just never seem to work in our travels!

How come it doesn't work for you? We usually travel late Saturday afternoon and arrive that evening. So the next time we visit, I think we would do the Sunday EMM if my husband is okay with the extra cost. We could do the Tuesday one also. I would just have to move our days around. Actually since I like ending visits with the MK, we'd probably do the Sun EMM at MK, do AK on Mon, EPCOT on Tue, and MK on Wed. We'd do Disney Springs on our checkout day. I understand somewhat why it may not work for you. I'd never be able to do the MK DAH. It's on Thursday nights and that's the day we usually travel home. Our visits always fall from Sun-Thur. This year however, since it's just my me and my son, we'll be travelling early Sunday morning. I feel more comfortable that way since hubby won't be there. We'll leave around 4am and arrive to Disney at 9:45 our time, 10:45 theirs.

We took a very quick, last minute trip to Disney last weekend. I brought my SIL and 2 nieces (4 and 1) and was so excited about MK EMM (we went 4/28). I've been to Disney many times but thought EMM would be perfect since we'd have a short stay and we could accomplish more. Perhaps I had too high of expectations?! For the most part, I do pretty good with researching before I go and knowing our plan of action. This trip quickly let me know otherwise.

We stayed at Shades of Green and I had my military salute ticket that needed to be exchanged before entering the park. (We arrived too late the night before to do it.) We left our resort at 6:50AM, thinking it would give us plenty of time to get to TTC to get it activated and travel to MK. Boy, was I wrong. We get to TTC, go thru security, and there is no one at any of the ticket windows to exchange it for me. I asked a CM and they stated someone at MK could help me. So, we go towards the monorail that goes to MK, only to find out the resort monorail is the only one operating (with a long line). I asked about the buses and the boat and they stated they wouldn't start operating until 8am. I immediately felt defeated, knowing it's going to take a bit of time getting there. We finally arrive to MK via Resort monorail around 7:45AM. I get in line for Guest Relations and tell my SIL and 2 girls to go ahead without me and I'd meet up with them. The line was barely moving. I get a call from my SIL a few minutes later and they're holding her and the kids near the castle since the reservation was under my name. (When they went thru the correct turnstiles, they didn't mention they were doing EMM.) They had to wait for me to come up to get their wrist bands. I felt awful! I waited in line at Guest Relations for 20ish minutes. Once I finally reach the window, the cast member is getting everything together and he says, "Oh! Looks like you come here often!" I replied, "Yes sir. And this is the 1st time I've been a bit disappointed with Disney. I know it's not your fault and I'm not angry. But I am disheartened." And I explained what happened. It was about 8:15 by this point and half of our experience was gone. He was so kind and apologetic. He ended up giving us 3 extra FP to use for that day. I was so grateful for that and it helped ease my disappointment. I get to my SIL and the kids about 8:25ish and we start our morning.

Once we got started, we were able to enjoy our experience. It was nice to walk around without the crowds. PP took just a minute or two. Winnie the Pooh was down, though. We met the Princesses and rode the teacups. Just as we were leaving the Princesses, we heard the fireworks go off from the Welcome Show. We were going to ride 7DMT but decided we'd use our FP for it and try some other rides 1st. We went to breakfast around 9:45 and enjoyed it. They didn't start cleaning up until 10:15 or so. I believe had we started on time, we could have accomplished a lot more. I'm still kicking myself in the behind, thinking, should we have left the resort at 6:30? I honestly thought that leaving when we did would give us enough time. Lesson learned! I'm still in a bit of shock that only the resort monorail was running and they didnt have atleast 1 or 2 CM at the ticket windows. We enjoyed our short, 2 day trip, and thankful for the help from Jorge, the CM at Guest Relations. Please forgive me for my venting and short novel! This is a great idea from Disney but perhaps they could tweak some things a bit. I hope that all who get to go, have a fun and smooth experience!

Well, now we have the answer to why Sept EMMs were cancelled. As suspected, a major run of early park openings and AM EMHs have been added to the MK park calendar: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lywood-studios/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q3wo0425190029A

So, for the moment, we know there won’t be any MK EMM events through at least 11/2. TBD if we get back to a more normal park calendar/EMM schedule after that.
I would prefer EMM but I’m so happy they made this announcement at least. I’ve been logged on every day at 6am since my ADR date in March to see if EMM in September was going to open up again. I feel like a weight has been lifted lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter