MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Well the guys are touring plans will be extra busy recoding that algorithm to predict all of those extra EMH!!!

Hi. Is the new extra hour a paid event for resort guests? We are having first timers with us that weekend at GFVs, and either paid or not, I want to be there for that 7 am opening on Sunday, September 8.

Thanks.

Hi. Is the new extra hour a paid event for resort guests? We are having first timers with us that weekend at GFVs, and either paid or not, I want to be there for that 7 am opening on Sunday, September 8.

Thanks.

Are you talking about the new announcement of the extra extra morning hours? That's a free event and it's for reort guests only .

Well the guys are touring plans will be extra busy recoding that algorithm to predict all of those extra EMH!!!

Well they have apparently come up with something already but it sure doesn't seem like it can be any where near close!!! I received 3 emails for various updates in Late June and August 28th-Sept 3rd plus at bottom of email it has a link to how they how came up with this info...

Attachments

• IMG_2408.JPG
    IMG_2408.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2409.PNG
    IMG_2409.PNG
    187.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2410.PNG
    IMG_2410.PNG
    228.4 KB · Views: 24

Are you talking about the new announcement of the extra extra morning hours? That's a free event and it's for reort guests only .

Thank you. We will be in a two bedroom at GFVs so will be at RD for 6:40 am. This is great news. I was going to do the paid event that I decided on this week so this will work well for my group.

Well they have apparently come up with something already but it sure doesn't seem like it can be any where near close!!! I received 3 emails for various updates in Late June and August 28th-Sept 3rd plus at bottom of email it has a link to how they how came up with this info...

Ill be at Disney September 5-14 and got two updates today from TPs too mostly showing changed hours and park days dropping from 3 to 1 but I am really not too sure about that though.

Check directly on their website. They posted that there was a lag in updating the numbers. They haven’t sent out the updated emails yet. Definitely have some 10s in HS now.

Well that was based on adding SGE impact into their equation. Typically an EMH means a more crowded parks as people will tend to visit the park with EMH as they feel its a better deal. So what does that mean when EVERY day is an EMH? Who knows at this point. I know it royally screws up our plans : ) as we plan solely around NOT going to parks with any free extra hours. Curious to see what the first few weeks are like.

Check directly on their website. They posted that there was a lag in updating the numbers. They haven’t sent out the updated emails yet. Definitely have some 10s in HS now.

Well they just sent out another email about 5 minutes ago this time they still show the decreased crowd levels for MK, EPCOT and DAK but they have deleted any crowd levels for HS...

Well they just sent out another email about 5 minutes ago this time they still show the decreased crowd levels for MK, EPCOT and DAK but they have deleted any crowd levels for HS...

I think they just don’t know how to gage these changes and the effect of SWGE.

Well that was based on adding SGE impact into their equation. Typically an EMH means a more crowded parks as people will tend to visit the park with EMH as they feel its a better deal. So what does that mean when EVERY day is an EMH? Who knows at this point. I know it royally screws up our plans : ) as we plan solely around NOT going to parks with any free extra hours. Curious to see what the first few weeks are like.

It’s just not going to be possible unless your only visiting Epcot. It stinks but I’m happy to see they are at least trying to spread out some of the crowds.

While I don’t mean this to be as snippy as it probably reads, why are we talking about Touring Plans crowd calendar predictions on the MK EMM thread?

I guess just because they are out there and having fun sending out emails....and your right....doesn't really belong here...

We did EMM this Sunday morning, May 5. We took the bus from Kidani to MK, and arrived at 0725. We were directed to the far left side of the entrance to check in and receive our arm bands. There were several staff directing and checking in guests, which made the process seamless. We were held with the PPO ADR group, and they started letting us all in around 7:46. We made our way onto Main Street and there were signs and staff directing us where to enter Fantasyland. This was our first time to MK, so we were probably not as efficient as more seasoned travelers. However, with the help of the Disney app, we were able to navigate fairly quickly to each ride. We started with Winnie the Pooh, then Peter Pan, It’s A Small World, Carousel, 7DMT, then Ariel all before rope drop. At rope drop we moved to the teacups, and on to Tomorrowland for Buzz, People Mover, and the Astro Orbiter. Then we headed to Gaston’s Tavern for Lefou’s Brew and some snacks. It was HOT and humid by this point, and the crowds were picking up, so it was nice to sit in the AC with a frozen drink and relax for a bit. After some rest we headed over to our quickly nearing 11:15 FP at Big Thunder Mountain, took a photo with the PhotoPass photographer, and chilled in the rocking chairs by the water for a bit until our FP window opened up. Before we knew it, we were on and off Big Thunder Mountain and making our way back out of the park for lunch and a nap. This EMM experience overall was 100% worth the price for us. We got to ride a ton of rides before noon, and the kids had a blast. The waits were minimal and it allowed us to be more leisurely for the remainder of our touring time in the park. For those with younger kids who have never rode a roller coaster, our four year old adored 7DMT and Big Thunder Mountain! He even held his arms in the air for most of 7DMT. We were worried about how he would do on rides, and I guess you just never know until you try. If I had EMM to do over again, I would change the order of my rides. Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan are so slow to load, it really ate into our time. I would do 7DMT multiple times, skip It’s a Small World, and maybe do Carousel and Ariel after rope drop. We didn’t make it to meet Tiana and Rapunzel this trip, but characters were not a priority for us. Also, we purposefully skipped breakfast after reading several less than stellar reviews on this forum. We liked spending that extra time on rides. Overall, EMM MK was a fun little extra for our trip, and a great way to kick off our park touring.

We were also there today and it was a frustrating experience.

Mine train was the priority because it’s DD1’s favourite ride but it didn’t open on time. It eventually opened at around 8:10 and was a 20 minute wait for the whole hour. In the end we paid 300 dollars for 3 rides on mine train and one each on Pan and Pooh and breakfast that was precooked and mostly cold.

Mine train was the priority because it’s DD1’s favourite ride but it didn’t open on time. It eventually opened at around 8:10 and was a 20 minute wait for the whole hour. In the end we paid 300 dollars for 3 rides on mine train and one each on Pan and Pooh and breakfast that was precooked and mostly cold.

Oh how disappointing. Did you speak to a CM about it?

Oh no! I’m so sorry things didn’t go well for you guys. We skipped mine train and went to some of the slower loading rides first, so we didn’t even notice it was not running. By the time we made it over, we had a 5 minute wait and pretty much flew through the line. I wish we had the opportunity to ride more than once, but that 1:15 flies by rather quickly before rope drop! After reading so many bad reviews of breakfast, I’m starting to wonder if they should should just drop the breakfast buffet altogether and just offer a few carts sprinkled throughout with pastries and drinks and be done with it. We are all here for the rides anyway. I hope the rest of your trip goes well!

I also was there yesterday. Very upset mine train was down for the first half hour. Totally unacceptable given the price tag! We got a lot done and made the most of it, but every minute counts for this event and it was just disappointing. Will be talking to guest relations...

Well, now we have the answer to why Sept EMMs were cancelled. As suspected, a major run of early park openings and AM EMHs have been added to the MK park calendar: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lywood-studios/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q3wo0425190029A

So, for the moment, we know there won’t be any MK EMM events through at least 11/2. TBD if we get back to a more normal park calendar/EMM schedule after that.
It's been so long since I could actually utilize EMH in the morning, that I forget if you can get fast passes during that time period, you can't right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter