• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

This is reminiscent of last year when EMM got on a rolling 180 day pattern of availability (like it just did a few weeks ago) and eventually they came back and cancelled a handful of dates that at one point had been bookable. Those dates never did disappear from being blue on the EMM website, they just always showed as no times available.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they got ahead of themselves with the schedule and they’ve put things on hold in case they want to do more 8am MK openings with big SWGE crowd influxes property wide.

Or it’s just some dumb tech issue.

I am really wondering this, although Disney is no stranger to 'dumb tech issues'! @GADisneyDad14 , as you know from the CL forum, we have considered moving our September trip to August. Do you think there's a chance of them backpedaling and cancelling the August MK EMM dates? TIA!!! :)

I am really wondering this, although Disney is no stranger to 'dumb tech issues'! @GADisneyDad14 , as you know from the CL forum, we have considered moving our September trip to August. Do you think there's a chance of them backpedaling and cancelling the August MK EMM dates? TIA!!! :)

I don't think they would cancel any already scheduled(and paid for) events. Especially since there aren't any scheduled on or after the 29th, that you can book at least.

We went this morning and I have to say, it SUCKED for us. We've done this event close to ten times, and this is the first time I felt it was bordering on a waste of money.

We arrived at about 7:35 and noticed that there was an honour system for the wristbands...I think it was like that last time as well, but I wonder if people who weren't supposed to have wristbands ended up with them, based on the crowds we saw (more on that shortly).

We were let in and hoofed it to teacups (DS has to start with that those every time...don't judge ;) ). After that, we went over to 7D and saw...a posted 30-minute wait! WHAT??? They were sending people through the standby line, which I've never seen. We decided to go to Pooh- which was closed. Okay, on to PP. They ran us through the standby line there as well, never had this before there either. At well over a dollar a minute, that is a total waste of our time when we could have just gotten onto the ride using the FP line as usual.

After PP, we headed back to Pooh, which was up. Standby line again meant that we lost more time. It was close to a ten-minute wait as well. For POOH! Not cool.

We went to Little Mermaid, which used the FP queue (finally!).

We waited until we saw the wait time for 7D go down to 15 and risked it. The wait was indeed 15 minutes. Keep in mind that we are used to getting between 7-10 rides on 7D during this event with waits no more than maybe 3-5 minutes each time, and this was crazy to see, not to mention very disappointing. They opened up the FP line for it around 8:45am and the line was backed up to well outside of the entrance to the cottage path. We decided not to waste more time waiting for 7D and went back to PP (still standby line there, for no apparent reason, as it was now almost a walk-on).

At rope drop, we went straight to Big Thunder and then HM after that, then bolted to breakfast. Cosmic Ray's was packed and we had to wait for a table to free up. They started taking away food a few minutes before 10 and somebody complained, so another CM put it back out (fruit and meats area).

Overall, this was a huge disappointment for us today. I'm not sure whether to email Guest Services about it or not, since I've been writing them quite a few "love notes" recently and don't want to seem like I am trying to extract something from them- we did ride some rides and did eat the food, so it wasn't 100% wasted money. However, the issue with sending people through the standby line for this event is a big deal to me and I am wondering whether to raise this issue with them.

I am not sure if we will book it again if this trend continues, which would suck, because it's been one of our favourites.

Just curious, did you reach out to Guest Services? If so, what was the response if you don't mind me asking?

We arrived at about 7:35 and noticed that there was an honour system for the wristbands...I think it was like that last time as well, but I wonder if people who weren't supposed to have wristbands ended up with them, based on the crowds we saw (more on that shortly).

I mentioned this back in my February post. I saw the exact same thing then and was shocked how easy it would be to book a ARD for 8am and then just walk right up to the person handing out bands and smile. If I saw it's guaranteed unscrupulous people saw it too. Seems like a huge gaping hole in their system. A simple white rope and a line just for EMM would fix the issue.

Ok, here are the wait times posted for SDMT for the date of March 12th from Touring Plans. Not cool.

7:49- 30
7:56- 15
8:00- 25
8:07- 20
8:14- 20
8:21- 10
8:27- 15
8:45- 15
8:56- 15

No "walk on" times here.:mad:

Ok, here are the wait times posted for SDMT for the date of March 12th from Touring Plans. Not cool.

7:49- 30
7:56- 15
8:00- 25
8:07- 20
8:14- 20
8:21- 10
8:27- 15
8:45- 15
8:56- 15

No "walk on" times here.:mad:

I reached out to TP a couple of months ago about the same issue and was told to disregard, that their system can’t predict wait times for this event (yet). So I wouldn’t worry about it! :)

I reached out to TP a couple of months ago about the same issue and was told to disregard, that their system can’t predict wait times for this event (yet). So I wouldn’t worry about it! :)
Really? Ok, I will try to keep that it mind.

With the new format, do you still enter FL on the left of the castle, in front of Storybook Treats? Or do they direct you more toward the Tea Cups?
It seems like if they still have us line up at the left tapstiles, but then go to to the right of castle, that would be kind of tricky. Especially if it's super crowded. Or can you choose which side of the castle you walk by?
Just curios.

You enter by the tea cups now.

Our morning they had entry running on both the left and right sides of Main Street, but it sounds like that’s not typical, it’s usually the left. But Main Street is still empty enough that it’s not really a problem to cross from one side to the other.

We have paid for 3 of us for our July trip but now we're taking a surprise trip in April and they have openings for a day we're there w/ dh. I'd only have to add one ticket but DH really hates getting up early.... DH isn't going to be able to make all of the days in July so I had planned it so we go to EMM at FL w/o him. I figured one less person complaining about getting up earlier.

You enter by the tea cups now.

Our morning they had entry running on both the left and right sides of Main Street, but it sounds like that’s not typical, it’s usually the left. But Main Street is still empty enough that it’s not really a problem to cross from one side to the other.
Thank you!

Why did they cancel?

No one really knows. It was assumed at the time that Disney changed their mind and those dates were eventually going to have 8am openings (many of the dates were party days, which saw many 8am-6pm hours in 2017), but that didn't end up happening.

No one really knows. It was assumed at the time that Disney changed their mind and those dates were eventually going to have 8am openings (many of the dates were party days, which saw many 8am-6pm hours in 2017), but that didn't end up happening.

I would be fine with an 8 a.m. opening instead of EMM, but it would be nice to know sometime before 60 days out (or even 180)! :rotfl:Fingers crossed they announce it between then and now! To be fair, my 180 days is on Tuesday, but I was really hoping to have things booked that day. I accept that we'll just have to roll with it. :-)

I was going back and forth regarding whether to book this or not. I just added a night to the beginning of our trip and now with 9 days/8 nights we have easily 3 MK days. Im just nervous it will be a waste of money to book EMM so I think Im just going to forego booking for now and rely on having 3 days at MK to get what we want done. I will of course have to re-evaluate that around FP booking day depending on what we get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter