Mio "liquid water enhancer"

itsalebeau

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried this stuff? I saw a coupon for it in this Sunday's paper, and an ad for it at Target. It is some flavored drop you put in your water to give it a little flavor boost.

I've been reading on all the strategies here to mask the terrible flavor of WDW water, and I was wondering how this stuff might hold up. It looks like it is really small (think a food coloring sized bottle with 24 drops (says it is 24 servings) in it).

Just curious...

I thought they were overpriced, considering I picked up the Walmart brand individual drink serving packets - 8 in a box - for $1.98. They worked fine....

I'm curious, as well - saw the coupon and saw the commercial for it on TV. I normally pack a few of the powdered packets in my bag to take with us to the parks to flavor the water...my only concern with the liquid stuff is that it could possibly leak - and wouldn't that be a mess inside your bag?! :scared1: The WDW water isn't too bad, though - and it really tastes good when the humidity and heat are both over 90!!!

I have tried the stuff and really like the mango/peach flavor, but I think the drink packets would be easier to carry in the parks. You do get 24 servings per container depending on how much flavor you want. You just squirt it in the water to your desired flavor amount.

I got the sweet tea version at Walmart and its not that great. The package says 24 servings but thats 8oz not the 16oz that the packet's use. So I think it costs more than the packets. I got the Tea flavor because I can't find just strait sweet tea in the tubes.

Its really hard to measure the right amount for your drink. For a standard half liter/16.9oz bottle you would use two squeezes of it. Well I think I'm a little heavy fingered with my shots and it came out way too strong.

I think I'm going to dump out the "tea" and put some hazel nut flavored syrup for my Iced Via Coffee mix ins. Just out of the package they need a little bit more flavor.

I actually thought the stuff was delicious :) Some flavors are definitely better than others, but it's strictly personal preference. I have actually found that the bottle last much longer than the powder, as I don't use nearly the recommended amount (as this stuff can be Really sweet). It is also less messy, as you just flip the cap and squeeze. No opening the packets, getting the powder on your fingers and then trying to find somewhere to throw it away at. :confused3 I think there around $3.48 @ my Wal-Mart. With the coupon, that makes them $2.48, and I probably use 1/2 the recommended amount. I put one squirt in my 16 oz bottle. They had the coupon in the insert this weekend, and there are several printables online out there for the $1 off, as well. I definitely plan on taking these on our trip. :cool1:

Personally, I thought it was nasty. I didn't read the ingredients before purchasing though, so it's my fault. It's made with sucralose, which I can't stand. My husband and I bought the walmart brand packets for our last two trips and loved them. They weren't very messy if you held them in the water bottle opening, and they were pretty cheap.

We picked up the fruit punch and sweet teas at Target yesterday ($3.50 each + free 24 pack of water bottles + 2-$1.00 off coupons, so I spent $5).

I dont' like them, but I can't drink anything with sucralose (nasty aftertaste and bad headaches). DH and DD thought they were fine. I guess they are going to WDW with us. I'll stick with my bobble.:laughing:

I go to the Dollar Store and get the Crystal Light or the Hawaiin Punch powdered packets to take.

They taste just fine and only cost $1. But, it is tough to get really cold water sometimes in the parks.

Hope it works for you.

I rarely have anything with artificial sweeteners, so I don't know how the taste would go over! I'll suck it up and drink crappy water if it is really hot. I suppose we could buy one and give it a trial run, as well as some packets. I'd hate to buy something and then get there and hate it worse than the water itself.

I rarely have anything with artificial sweeteners, so I don't know how the taste would go over! I'll suck it up and drink crappy water if it is really hot. I suppose we could buy one and give it a trial run, as well as some packets. I'd hate to buy something and then get there and hate it worse than the water itself.

I'd do the trial run. Folks are right - the water doesn't taste very good by itself. If you hate the usual artificially sweetened lemonade flavoring, you might try iced coffee using Starbucks Via. Get a free cup of ice from the counter service restaurants, bring a small container of milk (freeze the night before if possible), sugar packets, and you're good to go. I found SoBe bottles to be perfect - the ice cubes fit easily through the neck.

I got a free bottle from Kraft in the mail. It was pretty nasty. We have the Berry Pomegranate flavor. I also prefer the powder packets. You'd probably have to use a ton of the mio to cover bad water taste. I would say that it enhances the water, put does not totally flavor it. However, Target's Marketplace has several flavors. The cherry-limeade flavor is great and strong. It will mask the flavor of bad water.

I also got a free sample, and I liked it much more than I thought I would. For me, the biggest benefit is that it is easily customizable -- when I use powder packets, I feel like using the entire packet makes the drink too strong/sweet, but if I use half, I'm left with a half a packet of messy powder to haul around.

If you dislike Splenda, you won't like these much. There is definitely an artificial aftertaste. But it's convenient and reasonably tasty and low calorie, all of which make it a winner for me. I plan to bring some to the parks with me in May.

If you prefer packets, TrueLemon makes a really good lemonade that doesn't taste too artificial.

I don't see how they could possibly offer any flavor more delicious than sulfur.

The Strawberry-Watermelon flavor is awesome, but if you use a little too much it makes the drink super sour! >_<

We love it. I bought it on Saturday with a $1 coupon at our local grocery store, so it ended up being $2.99 after the coupon. They had samples of all the flavors. We really like the fruit punch. However, you just squeeze into your water bottle, and it's very easy to put too much in. My issue is that we have only done 3 of the 20 oz bottles of water, and I think it is more than 1/2 gone. That makes it way more expensive than the little powder packets. However, we still have numerous powder packs in the pantry and this is almost gone:confused3. I would only buy if on sale and/or with coupon. Good, but is it $4.00 (regular price) good?

I saw these at Walmart last week and immediately thought, "Hmmm I wonder if those would work good at Disney?" After reading these responses I think I will just stick to the nasty water taste... after all, the nasty water just reminds me I'm at Disney!

However, you just squeeze into your water bottle, and it's very easy to put too much in. My issue is that we have only done 3 of the 20 oz bottles of water, and I think it is more than 1/2 gone. That makes it way more expensive than the little powder packets.

I was doing the same thing. The package says 2 ml for 8oz serving. So I grabbed a (new clean) 15 ml conical tube my wife uses at work to centrifuge platelets.

4661.jpg

Try as I might I couldn't calibrate my squeezes to two ml per squeeze. So I just measured out 4 ml, dumped it into 500 ml Nalgene bottle and it came out perfect.

Boyfriend and son both like the fruit punch flavor. Son also likes the mango/peach flavor. Boyfriend doesn't like peach so won't taste it. I like my water to taste like water so I don't use them. My plan is to take some to Disney. We are trying the different flavors until we go. I personally, do not like the powder stuff. I think it leaves a funky feeling in my mouth after I drink. I haven't tried the Mio myself. I do plan to carry them in a ziploc bag since they are liquid though.

I got a free bottle from Kraft in the mail. It was pretty nasty. We have the Berry Pomegranate flavor. I also prefer the powder packets. You'd probably have to use a ton of the mio to cover bad water taste. I would say that it enhances the water, put does not totally flavor it. However, Target's Marketplace has several flavors. The cherry-limeade flavor is great and strong. It will mask the flavor of bad water.

Love the Target cherry-limade and also the cranberry cosmopolitan(I think that's correct) is also pretty tasty :drinking:.

I don't see how they could possibly offer any flavor more delicious than sulfur.

MMM Sulfur ;)!

I was doing the same thing. The package says 2 ml for 8oz serving. So I grabbed a (new clean) 15 ml conical tube my wife uses at work to centrifuge platelets.

Try as I might I couldn't calibrate my squeezes to two ml per squeeze. So I just measured out 4 ml, dumped it into 500 ml Nalgene bottle and it came out perfect.

I think I'm going to take the chance and use my coupon along w/the Target sale and try some Mio. I think I'll measure mine out, similar to chartle, to see the exact amount that seems to work best. I think I'll just grab a medication measuring spoon to do my measurements for testing then drinking if I find it taste fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter