• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie van between resorts

Just wondering...how come y'all use Uber and Lyft instead of just renting a car. I'm legitimately curious. We find it so much more convenient to rent our own car, and be on our own schedule. We still get free parking at the parks and save so much money compared to calling Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van. Our kids car seats are safely installed so there's no fiddling with car seats once a Lyft arrives, and we aren't thrown on a bus with so many other people that we can't breathe. We have been renting a car for years and save so much time this way.

For me not driving is one of things that makes it a vacation for me, with DME its easy to get to and from the airport and I don't mind the WDW Transportation (including the buses!) sure it may take a little longer sometimes but its ok with me and we usually stay in the Epcot area so we can walk/boat to two parks.

There is also the cost of a rental car and the cost of parking at my wdw resort and its an easy choice for me to use wdw transportation primarily with the occasional uber/lyft or even Minnie Van costs.

Just wondering...how come y'all use Uber and Lyft instead of just renting a car. I'm legitimately curious. We find it so much more convenient to rent our own car, and be on our own schedule. We still get free parking at the parks and save so much money compared to calling Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van. Our kids car seats are safely installed so there's no fiddling with car seats once a Lyft arrives, and we aren't thrown on a bus with so many other people that we can't breathe. We have been renting a car for years and save so much time this way.

Uber/Lyft is our back up. If a monorail is down, bus never shows up or we are running late - Uber! Cheap and easy.

Other than that, Disney transportation is a breeze, we never really have issues. Just need some patience once in a while. :)

We enjoy adult beverages

We enjoy adult beverages
Fair enough! I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding during our last few trips to WDW and if my husband has enjoyed a few beverages I just drive. Our children are also very young so drinking more than 1 or 2 drinks during the day isn't an option anyway.

Fair enough! I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding during our last few trips to WDW and if my husband has enjoyed a few beverages I just drive. Our children are also very young so drinking more than 1 or 2 drinks during the day isn't an option anyway.
We do adult only trips most of the time. If we have a child with us it's DGD and she's 10. No worries about limiting to 1 or 2.
Besides that, driving is like working. Taking a break from driving is paramount to being on vacation. One of the top draws to Disney is someone else does the driving. We do enough of that at home every day

We do buses most of the time. They don't bother us at all. We check the monitors and only call for Uber/Lyft if we have to be somewhere quick. Or if we are going resort to resort.

Unfortunately, they only seat 6 additional because the 2nd row is bucket seat so 1 up front (plus driver) 2 in middle and 3 in back.

Darn!

We hate driving on vacation. We can generally use WDW transportation however for meals from resort to resort a cab is often our choice for saving time. We also like beverages, and with my DH having a CDL, his blood alcohol limit is half the legal amount. HE will not risk his license for a beverage with dinner and would rather chew glass and die than have me drive ( I scare him) so a cab is our best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter