Minnie van between resorts

Perfect! I'm getting the app today.
It's really easy to use once you get the apps and give them a try.
Make sure and get both apps too.
While similar I've found pricing can vary, as can wait times.
At Disney it seems many drivers drive for both companies too (you'll see decals for both in their windows)

It's really easy to use once you get the apps and give them a try.
Make sure and get both apps too.
While similar I've found pricing can vary, as can wait times.
At Disney it seems many drivers drive for both companies too (you'll see decals for both in their windows)
Thank you! Your always so helpful to everyone! I'll be there tomorrow night!

They have enlarged it quite a bit by the way. Last I heard it's doubled since it first rolled out, though I don't know the exact number
All but the ECV vehicles. There are still just 2 of those.
Still can be tough to get them, now that they are at all resorts but it's still better than it was even 4 months ago.
Now, if the first attempt times out we have success a 2nd one but back 4 months ago, even 4 or 5 attempts were a failure.

I would suggest to anyone, if you don't need the car seat, use regular Lyft or Uber
They now have 4 ECV vehicles.

This will be a personal/Family size choice. MV's will take you anywhere on property...

HOWEVER - worth noting that the PRICE is fixed at $25/trip. Please, compare with even a MEARS cab? My Dear wife and I use these exclusively...

WL to GF? About $10
WL to Contemporary? About $10.
WL to Dolphin/Swan? About $25.

Either direction, with a solid 20% tip :). Yes, UBER may be less.... we just do not choose to use UBER.
Worth noting? MEARS has about the same vehicle capacity that a MV does.... just let 'em know the size of your crew :).

One exception: If WDW traffic has been impacted by a wreck, or huge Special Event? MV may win, as it is FLAT FEE, regardless of how long it gets stuck in Traffic. Taxis work on Time+mileage.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

This will be a personal/Family size choice. MV's will take you anywhere on property...

HOWEVER - worth noting that the PRICE is fixed at $25/trip. Please, compare with even a MEARS cab? My Dear wife and I use these exclusively...

WL to GF? About $10
WL to Contemporary? About $10.
WL to Dolphin/Swan? About $25.

Either direction, with a solid 20% tip :). Yes, UBER may be less.... we just do not choose to use UBER.
Worth noting? MEARS has about the same vehicle capacity that a MV does.... just let 'em know the size of your crew :).

One exception: If WDW traffic has been impacted by a wreck, or huge Special Event? MV may win, as it is FLAT FEE, regardless of how long it gets stuck in Traffic. Taxis work on Time+mileage.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
Car seats are a huge factor with Minnie Vans. More than anything actually. Since safety is the #1 reason for using car seats you know what you are getting with Minnie Vans. No risk involved with a person who hasn't a clue how to install or age or quality or has it been in an accident. All of which are a question with cabs or Uber. It's usually not cost related at all. Though as posted, if you need the car seat, Minnie Van is not really costing you more any way.

So the Minnie vans for ecv are actually vans then. Next spring we will be looking for transport for early morning to a resort but my sister has an ecv. Actually she will be renting an ecv for a week. Does the ecv need to be broken down to transport it?

The Minnie Vans are on our family bucket list....yep, I am not leaving without a ride in one! LOL! ANyway our crew is 7 people, no car seats. Can a Minnie Van fit all of us in?

If traveling from AK to DS, would the Minnie Van and regular Lyft driver pick you up at the same location or does the Minnie Van use the bus loop?

The Minnie Vans are on our family bucket list....yep, I am not leaving without a ride in one! LOL! ANyway our crew is 7 people, no car seats. Can a Minnie Van fit all of us in?
Unfortunately, they only seat 6 additional because the 2nd row is bucket seat so 1 up front (plus driver) 2 in middle and 3 in back.

Pick up for Minnie Vans at AK is in the bus loop.
Pick up for Lyft at AK is just past the tram pick up/drop off. Much closer
Thanks! I’ve never used either but I have a morning at AK and need a quick way to DS for lunch. This will work!!

Thanks! I’ve never used either but I have a morning at AK and need a quick way to DS for lunch. This will work!!
AK is my favorite park for Uber/Lyft. I have gotten to where we use them more than buses because the pick up/drop off is so darn close to the front. Best location of all the parks

Just wondering...how come y'all use Uber and Lyft instead of just renting a car. I'm legitimately curious. We find it so much more convenient to rent our own car, and be on our own schedule. We still get free parking at the parks and save so much money compared to calling Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van. Our kids car seats are safely installed so there's no fiddling with car seats once a Lyft arrives, and we aren't thrown on a bus with so many other people that we can't breathe. We have been renting a car for years and save so much time this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter