Minnie van between resorts

Mel42

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Does anyone know if Minnie Van service is available between resorts? Specifically from the Contemporary to the Yacht Club after Pirates and Pals Cruise? Thanks!

Hi all! Does anyone know if Minnie Van service is available between resorts? Specifically from the Contemporary to the Yacht Club after Pirates and Pals Cruise? Thanks!
Yes they are. You request them through the Lyft app and cost $25 plus tip per ride.
Denise

The service is available between all on property resort hotels, including: Swan & Dolphin and the Four Seasons as of May 10. As @Denise W posted the one-way ride is currently a flat $25 anywhere on property.

Some basics: You’ll need the Lyft App on your phone, and then you’ll need to activate the Minnie Vans option by visiting either the front desk (need code for Lyft app) at your resort or using the My Disney Experience (MDE) app with an active Disney resort stay.

Dave

Just give yourself plenty of time. It took a couple of tries (and the search timing out) before we got "matched" with a Minnie Van in the Lyft app. It's a very popular service and Disney is attempting to enlarge the fleet to meet demand.

Just give yourself plenty of time. It took a couple of tries (and the search timing out) before we got "matched" with a Minnie Van in the Lyft app. It's a very popular service and Disney is attempting to enlarge the fleet to meet demand.
They have enlarged it quite a bit by the way. Last I heard it's doubled since it first rolled out, though I don't know the exact number
All but the ECV vehicles. There are still just 2 of those.
Still can be tough to get them, now that they are at all resorts but it's still better than it was even 4 months ago.
Now, if the first attempt times out we have success a 2nd one but back 4 months ago, even 4 or 5 attempts were a failure.

I would suggest to anyone, if you don't need the car seat, use regular Lyft or Uber

You can get Uber or regular Lyft for prob half the price. I was so disappointed when I heard pricing for Minnie van. I thought they would be based on similar Uber pricing. Nope. $$$

I would suggest to anyone, if you don't need the car seat, use regular Lyft or Uber
I would second that suggestion about car seat(s) being a trigger for a Minnie Van from @AngiTN and add 2 additional features that may push you toward requesting a Minnie Van.
  1. Minnie Vans are able to use the Bus loop at the MK
  2. Minnie Vans are able to go directly to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue or Trail’s End at Fort Wilderness being dropped off at Pioneer Hall
Dave

You can get Uber or regular Lyft for prob half the price. I was so disappointed when I heard pricing for Minnie van. I thought they would be based on similar Uber pricing. Nope. $$$
Not if you compare apples to apples.
Minnie Van is equal to Uber+ with Car Seat.
If you compare a similar service, same routes, Minnie Vans are not more expensive in many cases and when they are it's only by $2 or $3.

Minnie Vans are only more expensive if you can use a lower level of service.

I would second that suggestion about car seat(s) being a trigger for a Minnie Van from @AngiTN and add 2 additional features that may push you toward requesting a Minnie Van.
  1. Minnie Vans are able to use the Bus loop at the MK
  2. Minnie Vans are able to go directly to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue or Trail’s End at Fort Wilderness being dropped off at Pioneer Hall
Dave
True, but #1 would not be a case of Resort to Resort, that OP was asking about.

Can a Minnie Van take us and our luggage from the contemporary to the dolphin to drop at bell services at the dolphin?

I wasn’t sure if I can take luggage in a Minnie Van.

We used them in January and April with only one time we had trouble getting one and we forgot to ask about the luggage
Thanks

They have enlarged it quite a bit by the way. Last I heard it's doubled since it first rolled out, though I don't know the exact number
All but the ECV vehicles. There are still just 2 of those.
Still can be tough to get them, now that they are at all resorts but it's still better than it was even 4 months ago.
Now, if the first attempt times out we have success a 2nd one but back 4 months ago, even 4 or 5 attempts were a failure.

Glad to hear there's improvement!

Can a Minnie Van take us and our luggage from the contemporary to the dolphin to drop at bell services at the dolphin?

I wasn’t sure if I can take luggage in a Minnie Van.

We used them in January and April with only one time we had trouble getting one and we forgot to ask about the luggage
Thanks

They will carry luggage, BUT there is a finite amount of space available. The car seats take up effectively all of the room in the back. If the seats are being used, it does free up space. If not in the back, they’ll try to fit it on a seat, floor, etc but there’s only so much space in a Chevy Traverse. Minnie Vans aren’t a great option if you have lots of people and luggage.

Not if you compare apples to apples.
Minnie Van is equal to Uber+ with Car Seat.
If you compare a similar service, same routes, Minnie Vans are not more expensive in many cases and when they are it's only by $2 or $3.

Minnie Vans are only more expensive if you can use a lower level of service.
I don’t need car seats so never checked that rate. These car services are new to me. Where we live there is no Uber or Lyft Services. Yet.

Minnie Van service was stellar for us when we used it. Our driver picked us up at Beach Club and delivered us to Animal Kingdom Lodge very efficiently. He even got out and walked us to Sanaa, because we told him we had never been there before!

To add to the other comments, there is some Disney wow factor there. My Disnerds loved it when the Minnievan arrived to pick us up. And the driver was charming and chatty. Is it worth twice the price? Depends on how much you value theming, I suppose.

I've never had the need to use Uber or Lyft either. Are their vans or is it just cars? I have 6 people to transport.

I've never had the need to use Uber or Lyft either. Are their vans or is it just cars? I have 6 people to transport.
Regular Uber and Lyft are regular people using their own personal cars so they are as varied as the cars you see on the road on any given day. Every type, make and model possible. But always fairly new. I forget the exact number but they are only allowed to be so many years old, 4 or 5 I think. They group them by size in to classes of service. The app will tell you how many each class seats. You pick the one that fits how many you have.

Disney's Minnie Van service is always Vans, Chevy's Traverse to be specific (remember, TT is sponsored by Chevy) except for the ECV vans.

Regular Uber and Lyft are regular people using their own personal cars so they are as varied as the cars you see on the road on any given day. Every type, make and model possible. But always fairly new. I forget the exact number but they are only allowed to be so many years old, 4 or 5 I think. They group them by size in to classes of service. The app will tell you how many each class seats. You pick the one that fits how many you have.

Disney's Minnie Van service is always Vans, Chevy's Traverse to be specific (remember, TT is sponsored by Chevy) except for the ECV vans.
Perfect! I'm getting the app today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter