Minimum for direct benefits raising on 10/1

The truth is there are a lot of professions that are excelling in this economy. Nurses are getting premium pay with pretty much all the OT they want. The mortgage industry has been exploding over the entire Covid shutdown. So no, everyone is not hurting. Those in the service industries have been absolutely devasted. The point I am making, let us not generalize. This economy effects people in different way.
Struggling or not there is no benefit what so ever to buy direct right now. Who knows if gold passes will even return and if so at what cost? will MM events even return in 2021? Why would anyone buy in not knowing what the future of these benefits are?

Struggling or not there is no benefit what so ever to buy direct right now. Who knows if gold passes will even return and if so at what cost? will MM events even return in 2021? Why would anyone buy in not knowing what the future of these benefits are?

Some people want to be able to stay at RIV and future resorts down the road. Again, we don’t know the reason they will be raising the minimum. My guts says it is for a reason more than direct perks.

Who knows? Maybe the next promotion will include free passes for a year that only they have? We just don’t know.

We may not know what kind of membership extras there will be in 2021, but there will definitely be something. And no matter what that something ends up being, there will always be people with FOMO who will ensure they get a blue card.

I would assume there would be an uptick in direct sales before Oct 1st hits of ppl looking to get in before the jump to 125. Then when Oct 1st comes around, The previous 100 point minimum will just be a memory and it won't be long before you see new ppl on these boards talking about "buying 125 for the blue card," unaware of the previous policies of 0, 25, 75, 100.

What could they add to make it worth someone's while to pay the premium over resale, especially in the current economic climate? I don't know anyone who isn't counting their pennies right now (except for maybe Jeff Bezos).
More Moonlight Magic, greater savings on tickets, greater discounts., fast pass options, if they bring it back.
There is lots they could do and honestly I know many people are counting their pennies but many are not.

To future proof themselves. My wife and I just bought direct a few weeks back. Could we have saved money and bought resale, yes. But we bought direct because we like new experiences. With direct, we can always book at any future DVC resort. The Moon Light Magic will return one day, or something else, but that is a perk, not a reason to buy. We are Florida residents, so we just get the resident rate on APs. As for not knowing what the future benefits are, that is life in general, even before this virus hit town.

Yes, people are buying direct. There is another thread showing the half month DVC filings for August and it is not so bad. Not yet pre Covid, but the parks have only been open a few weeks with limited capacity. People, not everyone goes on these discussion boards or are even aware there is a re sale market. Heck, I did not trust the resale market until I purchased my last contract. I do not like the re sale restrictions, but to think that is going to change would be like insisting the world is flat. This is a long term DVC philosophy, probably with a look toward the 2042 resorts expiring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter