~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

Congrats!
Are you still shooting for a 2012 wedding?:goodvibes
PS. We don't do Valentine's either.

Yes, it will be either April or May 2012, we previously picked May 5 but are a little worried about it being Cinco de Mayo so we are rethinking the date. You're a DLR bride too, right? When is your date?

Yes, it will be either April or May 2012, we previously picked May 5 but are a little worried about it being Cinco de Mayo so we are rethinking the date. You're a DLR bride too, right? When is your date?

Yes. Yes!

We're shooting for August 26th, but DH is still worried about the money. :sad2:
I just have to convince him that this is our vacation money! :rotfl:

:lmao:No. NEXT year, 2012. It falls on a Sunday. I'm hoping that our friends/family can come out on a Saturday night and Enjoy a Sunday morning ceremony/reception before it gets too hot.

oh, LOL! I was going to say if it was this year you could book an Escape wedding.

I originally wanted a Sunday but I also want to go into the parks the day after our wedding, and DF pointed out that our local friends may not want to take that Monday off work to do so. So Saturday it is! But we are doing the morning/lunch reception to save money.

Awesome news about your budget:woohoo: That's so exciting! Cant wait to see more as things come together :)

I've been making preparations for our engagement party next Saturday. :dance3:

First, I rented a dress from renttherunway.com (thanks to Carrie for posting about this). I took advantage of a weddingchannel.com Groupon, which was $50 for a $100 rental. This is the dress I chose:

5452235765_859503df56_m.jpg

Sorry about the small picture but this is the only one I could save off their site. I hope it works out. I have a backup dress from Ross just in case, haha.

As a Christmas gift, DF got a very nice Italian suit from his parents which we got altered last weekend, so I was feeling the pressure to look good! Hopefully we will both be looking sharp at our party!! :thumbsup2

I thought up a recipe for our signature drink (actually I stole it from PF Changs):

vanilla vodka
O.J.
Chambord
splash of sprite

Haven't come up with a name yet, though!!! DF vetoed the Mindytini. :rolleyes:

Our table will be a large square table that everyone will sit around, so I want to come up with some centerpieces. (If anyone watches My Fair Wedding, we are having our engagement dinner at the same place the Alice bride had her dinner :cool1:)

I bought a castle punch to sprinkle confetti on the table.

5452057605_b5ec451604.jpg

I went to Joann's to get some pink and orange glittery paper. I didn't like the shades that they had so I bought some plain paper and glitter glue and made my own!

5452669520_689c170596.jpg

I punched out the orange tonight.

5452178617_dcd5b344df.jpg

I'll have to do the pink another day because my hand hurts, lol.

I've been looking at all the craft stores for some cheap floral centerpieces but I'm not finding anything that works. I'm going to try to find a Dollar Store this weekend.

If anyone has any other ideas for centerpieces, let me know!!

Awesome confetti!
So, I went to Disney store this past weekend and they had little plastic Cinderella carriages for $1!!! I can post pictures if you want, but I thought it would be and awesome kid's gift or some kind of centerpiece.

BTW, the drink should be called something like "joy juice"

Awesome confetti!
So, I went to Disney store this past weekend and they had little plastic Cinderella carriages for $1!!! I can post pictures if you want, but I thought it would be and awesome kid's gift or some kind of centerpiece.

BTW, the drink should be called something like "joy juice"

Joy Juice :rotfl2: That's so cute!

I will have to check out those carriages!

Things are moving right along (kind of) for the engagement party.

I finished the pink confetti.

5457485388_e8ab8f5277.jpg

I hope the glitter shows under the light at the restaurant.

I also went to DOLLAR TREE and found a few things but overall I was not impressed. I guess that's what I get for going to the Dollar Tree in North Hollywood (aka the ghetto). They had no LED candles and a poor selection of flowers but I managed to pick these out.

5456878427_2072c939de.jpg

Although when I got them home and set them up on my table, I realized they might be too tall, so I may take them back and get a smaller vase. I originally had the smaller vases in my basket but put them back when I saw these because I liked the shape better. D'oh!

Also not sure what to put in the vase ... I wanted to get aqua gems but it's kind of pricey for what I wanted to spend on the e-party. Advice welcome.

I also stopped by Party City yesterday to get some tulle for the jelly belly favors (which I later found at Dollar Tree for much cheaper, grrrr!). I got my tulle and also got this really nice cake serving set for ONLY FIVE DOLLARS!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::yay::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

5457484966_d9bf4760d2.jpg

It's a little hard to see but there are little hearts on the bottom. Here's the link from the website (I couldn't save the picture to my own server, for some reason):

http://www.partycity.com/product/si...r+set.do?sortby=ourPicks&size=all&from=Search

Anyway, DF says I spent $5 too much but I :lovestruc THEM!!!!!!

I honestly like those centerpieces just the way they are. You could just sprinkle that confetti around it and I think it would look lovely :thumbsup2
And $5 is a great price!! I need to go shopping with some of you girls...haha!

I honestly like those centerpieces just the way they are. You could just sprinkle that confetti around it and I think it would look lovely :thumbsup2
And $5 is a great price!! I need to go shopping with some of you girls...haha!

Really? You don't think they look a too plain? I think they will be too tall anyway so I'm trying to think of something else. I'm considering taking them all back and just doing the confetti. :(

What about getting a smaller vase, and cutting the stems, and tying a ribbon aroudnd the vase? Kind of like this:
op3.jpg

I saw these too and I think they are so cute:
op.jpg

Those are both pretty, and you are right, that top one looks fine with the stems showing. I'll just add some water so you can't automatically tell they are fake! :laughing:

I was going to initially suggest adding water to them, and then I decided you may think that suggestion is crazy..... haha! I think it'll look great. Even if they are tall, I still think that looks good!!

Okay ... I had a 20% off coupon for Joann's so I caved and bought the aqua gems!!! I think I am also going to put orange slices in the vase. I really want reception centerpieces with orange slices (and succulents, but that's not relevant right now) so I thought I should try this out for the e-party.

Waiting for my aqua gems .... :rolleyes1

5458879023_6caf15128a.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter