~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

Oh wow, Sweet Angel is so talented! Those are beautiful! I love the idea of a hidden mickey topiary centerpiece, and the rest are regular topiaries.

Thank you for posting the tutorials!!!!! :goodvibes

My goodness, best of luck on working through the guest count. We had to deal with similar issues, decided to try to keep the ceremony small, and just do big receptions. It hasn't worked out as well as hoped, but we're still smaller than 40-80! eek!

As for Topiaries, I totally agree! I think they're a great way to add some organized height to centerpieces, and pretty to boot. Have you seen sweet angels ribbon topiaries? They look like colorful hidden mickeys!

There are some great tutorials out there too

Awwwww Thanks Jenpaige!! :lovestruc

Oh wow, Sweet Angel is so talented! Those are beautiful! I love the idea of a hidden mickey topiary centerpiece, and the rest are regular topiaries.

Thank you for posting the tutorials!!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks!! :goodvibes I think this wedding has brought out some creativeness in me.. haha maybe because I haven't been in the classroom for almost a year!

There is another dis bride who made some too!! It was actually really simple- and my suggestion is if you have a Dollar Tree or Dollar Store- get your materials from there!! I think after everything is said and done- for all the materials, I think it might average to $10-12 a centerpiece?

Awwwww Thanks Jenpaige!! :lovestruc

Thanks!! :goodvibes I think this wedding has brought out some creativeness in me.. haha maybe because I haven't been in the classroom for almost a year!

There is another dis bride who made some too!! It was actually really simple- and my suggestion is if you have a Dollar Tree or Dollar Store- get your materials from there!! I think after everything is said and done- for all the materials, I think it might average to $10-12 a centerpiece?

You are so talented!!!!! I am going to try to make my own using fabric flowers. I found a tutorials here: http://jewelboxballerina.com/?page_id=697

It will either be amazing or a total disaster!!!!! :rotfl:

You are so talented!!!!! I am going to try to make my own using fabric flowers.

I've got to agree with sweet angel on the dollar tree...they've got some cheap ribbon/flowers to help keep costs down. I've also loved that they have the LED tea lights, 3 for a dollar!

I've got to agree with sweet angel on the dollar tree...they've got some cheap ribbon/flowers to help keep costs down. I've also loved that they have the LED tea lights, 3 for a dollar!

Okay ... I am going to have to hunt down a dollar tree n my area. I wanted to put LED tealights around the gazebo but thought it would be too pricey.

Today DF and I had the dreaded budget talk with his parents. TBH I don't feel like we came away from the conversation making any progress. They understand the 80 person budget but it's unclear if they approve of it. The current game plan is, they are going to talk to family out there and see if they can get a preliminary guest count. So, I still sit and wait, unsure of when I can finally book a date and sign a contract. :confused:

In non- wedding related news, I went to Disneyland today to get a picture with Mulan (my all time favorite Disney movie) during the Lunar New Year character days.

There were some valentines decorations in the planter at the spot where DF proposed ... awwwww .... too bad DF wasn't with me so we couldn't get a picture next to the hearts. :(

5424016446_bf2bc8e8db_z.jpg

Dapper Dans (would love them for my Cocktail Hour)

5423413887_c8f6c2b698_z.jpg

Me with Mulan and Mushu

5424016752_73a208a791_z.jpg

Me with the famous duo

5424018384_b1d00dca42_z.jpg

Couldn't resist walking by "the" window:

5424018634_bcc106d66c_z.jpg

Last stop was Marceline's for some pink and orange jelly bellies, which will be put in bags and given as favors at our engagement party later this month.

5424054650_cd22abc3e9_z.jpg

Ooohhh that's a pretty window. They should take those dresses down--- they're from the discontinued line!

Also, can I just say I'm jealous of your sun?!

Also, can I just say I'm jealous of your sun?!

Yes, I hate to brag but it's another 75 degree day here in beautiful So Cal ... but whenever I start to feel too cocky about it I just remind myself I'll never be able to afford to buy a house here! :lmao:

I know I should pick a dress first, BUT, lately I've been obessed with RIBBON VEILS!!!

I can picture a ribbon veil with shades of pink, orange, gold, and something sparkly.

5432385679_a03393b6ae_m.jpg

5432385649_cd8b2a72f7_m.jpg

5432994988_ce575a7d53_m.jpg

Now I jut have to figure out how easy/difficult it would be to make these!

:cool1::banana::cool1: EXCELLENT NEWS!!! :banana::cool1::banana:

DF's dad called him yesterday and finally gave us a budget. :worship::worship::worship: Between what DF and I have budgeted and what his parents are offering is more than enough to have our dream Disneyland wedding and invite (almost) all the guests DF's mom wants to invite. :woohoo:

We are still trying to get the guest list under 60 and figure out a new date, but this news gets us one step closer :cheer2:

:lovestruc HAPPY VALENTINES TO MY DIS FRIENDS AND FELLOW BRIDES :lovestruc

DF doesn't really "do" Valentines Day, so you all are my Valentines today :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter