~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

Thank you! You are too sweet. :cutie:

I got a brand new camera for Christmas so there will be lots of cruise pictures, oh yes!!! I haven't heard of the Outlook Cafe, are you sure that's what it's called? :confused3 I'm looking at my ship map and I see the Cove Cafe but I don't see any place called Outlook Cafe.

I seem to recall that it's on the Wonder and not the Magic. We were just there last weekend, having a Double Mocha Frappe and an Eco-tini. If I remember correctly, the entrance is next door to the stairs leading to Vibe.

Ah yes, here's the DCL page for it: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/wonder/nightclubs-lounges/outlook-cafe/

OMG I peeked at your profile to see what you've been up to and HE ASKED YOU FIRST EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

So happy for you. :D :D :D And I have to say, having just come off the Cruise to Neverland, I am even happier you two are going on a cruise together BEFORE the wedding; even with DD in tow we had a great time and really got to relax and enjoy ourselves without worrying about anything wedding related. We told our planner we'd be out of touch and didn't even bring our laptops to work on lists-and-things offline. It was fantastic. You two are going to have an awesome time and should wear the Just Engaged buttons onboard so CMs and guests will ask you the story. :thumbsup2

I'm totally subbing to this now so I can keep up with you.

HEY, I was wondering where you went, haha. I'm so happy you found my PJ. Yes, he beat me to it but said I can still propose on the ship like I had planned, haha. I'm so jealous you got to go on the cruise to nowhere!!! I can't wait to get on the Wonder. :goodvibes I'll definitely bring our pins; I hadn't thought of that!

Do you have a PJ for your wedding dinner? Is it at Storytellers?

I seem to recall that it's on the Wonder and not the Magic. We were just there last weekend, having a Double Mocha Frappe and an Eco-tini. If I remember correctly, the entrance is next door to the stairs leading to Vibe.

Ah yes, here's the DCL page for it: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/wonder/nightclubs-lounges/outlook-cafe/

Ah, on my map it shows Outlook Bar but yeah, I guess it's the same thing, duh. It looks like a beautiful place for a wedding!!! :goodvibes

Not wedding related but I came home from a very long day at work to a letter from my university confirming I earned my degree! YEEEEEAHH! I knew I was done but it's a relief to get something from the school confirming it.

I get the actual degree in 4-6 weeks. YEAH I'm so happy tonight!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hahahahahah, so excited about my degree that I forgot that we picked a date! We submitted for May 5, 2012, which was my late grandfather's birthday. We have to wait a week or so to see if the Disney gods approve the date. :worship:

Hahahahahah, so excited about my degree that I forgot that we picked a date! We submitted for May 5, 2012, which was my late grandfather's birthday. We have to wait a week or so to see if the Disney gods approve the date. :worship:

Yay!! Congrats on picking the date!!

:woohoo:Congratulations on getting the paperwork for your degree! What a relief, huh? No more worrying about school stuff, more time for wedding planning! Glad that you have chosen a date, you are so far in advance I am sure you'll get it no problemo! Let us know when you hear!!:cheer2:

I'm sure you have thought a lot about the date, but are you worried about the resort being crowded for Cinco de Mayo? I almost had the mistake of having the wedding the week of the half Marathon, feels like I dodged a bullet there, whew! Just a thought, you should keep whichever date you chose, especially if it has significance. (I think it is a great way to honor your Grandfather) Just plan accordingly! ;)

I'm sure you have thought a lot about the date, but are you worried about the resort being crowded for Cinco de Mayo? I almost had the mistake of having the wedding the week of the half Marathon, feels like I dodged a bullet there, whew! Just a thought, you should keep whichever date you chose, especially if it has significance. (I think it is a great way to honor your Grandfather) Just plan accordingly! ;)

I thought about that but since we aren't going into the parks and we will barely be in DD (just to walk through to the reception) I don't think it will be that big of a deal. I just hope there isn't mariachi music drowning out my string quartet, :laughing:

So true! I remember staying in the dreams tower on New Years eve a few years back and that darn Mariachi band was so loud on DTD even with the balcony closed it was frustrating because they didn't even stop playing for the countdown! i wish they would move them to the other side of Tortilla Jo's! I think you will be OK though, I wonder when they normally set up shop...something to ask your coordinator. ;)

Congrats on picking your date!! And hopefully you get it. And congrats on your degree it must be a relief to get confirmation!!!

So true! I remember staying in the dreams tower on New Years eve a few years back and that darn Mariachi band was so loud on DTD even with the balcony closed it was frustrating because they didn't even stop playing for the countdown! i wish they would move them to the other side of Tortilla Jo's! I think you will be OK though, I wonder when they normally set up shop...something to ask your coordinator. ;)

I actually did think of this and asked Traci about it but haven't heard back yet. I'm not too worried for a 11:30am ceremony.

Congrats on picking your date!! And hopefully you get it. And congrats on your degree it must be a relief to get confirmation!!!

Thank you so much, and yes it is such a relief to get the confirmation. I knew I met all the requirements for graduation but it is reassuring to get something from the school. I was worried I overlooked something or messed up somehow (would be super typical of me).

Good news, our date got approved!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

But now DF decides to start worrying about the guest list. Inviting our entire families (like our mothers want) would be around 80 people. WAAAAAY out of our budget. So I told Traci we estimate about 50 to show up, since DF's entire family is in New England and in all likelihood the majority will not be coming. Our room has a max of 60 and now DF's worried. I'm shocked that he is more worried about space than money?!?!??!?! :confused3 How are we going to FEED more than 60 people??? :sad2:

I'm so sad and confused right now. There's really no other spot except the Dreams Lawn for more than 60 people, unless we bump up to 80 so we can use the Pavilion.

Congrats on the degree and getting your date!! :woohoo:

Aww don't be sad! You have so much to be happy for!! I wouldn't get disheartened on the numbers just yet- it might work out for the best!! I will def throw some pixie dust your way!!! pixiedust:

Congrats on the degree and getting your date!! :woohoo:

Aww don't be sad! You have so much to be happy for!! I wouldn't get disheartened on the numbers just yet- it might work out for the best!! I will def throw some pixie dust your way!!! pixiedust:

Thank you for the congrats! :banana:

I had nightmares last night about having an outside reception - so dumb!!! :scared1:

DF worked late and didn't get home until after I had gone to bed so we couldn't talk about it. I still don't know what we are going to do. I'm scared he's going to say we can't get married at Disneyland. :sad1:

That would stress me out, too. Have you done any sort of a preliminary RSVP to get an idea of how many people would even consider coming to the wedding?

At the beginning of our planning, we sent out a newsletter with our engagement story, why we chose Disney, info on resorts and the dining plan, our favorite rides in each park and a preliminary RSVP that gave people three options: "I definitely plan on attending," "I am unsure of my plans at this time," "I do not plan on attending."

It definitely helped us get a handle on our numbers, and it also gave us a chance then to invite some other people once DF's two brothers and their families said no (don't even get me started on this!).

That would stress me out, too. Have you done any sort of a preliminary RSVP to get an idea of how many people would even consider coming to the wedding?

At the beginning of our planning, we sent out a newsletter with our engagement story, why we chose Disney, info on resorts and the dining plan, our favorite rides in each park and a preliminary RSVP that gave people three options: "I definitely plan on attending," "I am unsure of my plans at this time," "I do not plan on attending."

It definitely helped us get a handle on our numbers, and it also gave us a chance then to invite some other people once DF's two brothers and their families said no (don't even get me started on this!).

That is a really great idea, and now that you bring it up I feel like I've read about this idea before but never really thought I would have the need for it.

Do you happen to have a scan of the newsletter you sent out? I am woefully uncreative and just curious how you worded everything. :blush:

Thanks soooo much, this might be a lifesaver!!!

No problem! Just PM me your email address, and I'll send it to you.

However, I must warn you that it is nowhere nearly as nice as many of them that I have seen. I did it myself in Word and had color copies made at Staples. It is very amateur! However, I do think it can give you some ideas of what you might want to do.

Well this week has turned into a disaster. :sad2:

Endless emails back and forth with Traci and I still don't know what we are going to do. DF and I keep discussing things through email which is frustrating. I'm hoping we will actually get a chance this weekend to sit down and go over all of this.

We are hesitating on sending out the newsletter just yet because once we notify everyone, that's it, there's no going back!!!! I'm still holding on to the idea of a smaller wedding, mostly because I have guilt regarding DF's parents helping us financially. It is tough for me to wrap my brain around it.

It is very frustrating that Disney does not have a 40-80 guest ballroom option right now.

Grrrr

IN BETTER NEWS, I am going to Club 33 on 2/20!!!! WOOOOHOOOO :woohoo: I haven't been in years!

Also, I've been thinking of theming. Lately I love looking at TOPIARIES!!!! I think they would make the cutest centerpieces!!!!

5415133468_f4a5a7c221_m.jpg

5415133446_2c693e5aae_m.jpg

5414522399_398db778ce_m.jpg

5414522373_2f74c93796_m.jpg

Well this week has turned into a disaster. :sad2:

Endless emails back and forth with Traci and I still don't know what we are going to do. DF and I keep discussing things through email which is frustrating. I'm hoping we will actually get a chance this weekend to sit down and go over all of this.

We are hesitating on sending out the newsletter just yet because once we notify everyone, that's it, there's no going back!!!! I'm still holding on to the idea of a smaller wedding, mostly because I have guilt regarding DF's parents helping us financially. It is tough for me to wrap my brain around it.

It is very frustrating that Disney does not have a 40-80 guest ballroom option right now.

Grrrr

IN BETTER NEWS, I am going to Club 33 on 2/20!!!! WOOOOHOOOO :woohoo: I haven't been in years!

Also, I've been thinking of theming. Lately I love looking at TOPIARIES!!!! I think they would make the cutest centerpieces!!!!

My goodness, best of luck on working through the guest count. We had to deal with similar issues, decided to try to keep the ceremony small, and just do big receptions. It hasn't worked out as well as hoped, but we're still smaller than 40-80! eek!

As for Topiaries, I totally agree! I think they're a great way to add some organized height to centerpieces, and pretty to boot. Have you seen sweet angels ribbon topiaries? They look like colorful hidden mickeys!

There are some great tutorials out there too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter