Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

I purchased 2 of the Military Salute tickets this year and used three of the 6 days in early March (just before parks closed). When I look at my ticket (and my DS looked too) the ticket shows we both have 5 of the 6 days remaining on the ticket. Does anyone else have a partially used Salute ticket? Did extra days appear on your ticket? Wondering if it's a fluke, a glitch (not really 5 days) or pixie dust? TIA!

UT doesn't sell the military Salute ticket. The price of a regular ticket would probably be more than the value of the 2 days they might lose.
I just looked at MDE app and it shows that I have 5 of 6 days available on my ticket. Not sure why or how? I know I used 3 days. My DS checked his account and his shows the same. We used the first three days in early March just before the parks closed. I posted a new thread to see if anyone else with a partially used ticket has had the number of days remaining changed. Not sure if it's real or a glitch.

We have DVC reservations for early December that include my niece’s family. Her husband is in the Air Force and was going to get Military Salute tickets for the group. His ITT didn’t answer the phone Friday. Does anyone know if MS can still be purchased like the Undercover Tourist tickets can?

TIA

We purchased 6 six day Salute tickets from SOG a couple weeks before the parks closed. With all the uncertainty we are likely not traveling this year.
I have also seen many posts about other 3rd party tickets being extended till next year. I am thankful for everything Disney does for military, it’s enabled us to take many trips that we otherwise wouldn’t have been able to afford.
However, in these circumstances I think they should make it right for military members.
I think the best thing we can all do is email or call and ask them to upgrade our tickets automatically to expire in 2021. I’m sure it can be done.
I don’t really think it’s fair to extend other tickets but expect military members to jump through hoops to get theirs extended. Yea, I understand the tickets are a great deal but really how much money would they lose if they just extended vs making everyone pay the difference?

I just looked at MDE app and it shows that I have 5 of 6 days available on my ticket. Not sure why or how? I know I used 3 days. My DS checked his account and his shows the same. We used the first three days in early March just before the parks closed. I posted a new thread to see if anyone else with a partially used ticket has had the number of days remaining changed. Not sure if it's real or a glitch.

Unless someone else comes along with your scenario, I think only time will tell on this one.

We have DVC reservations for early December that include my niece’s family. Her husband is in the Air Force and was going to get Military Salute tickets for the group. His ITT didn’t answer the phone Friday. Does anyone know if MS can still be purchased like the Undercover Tourist tickets can?

TIA

From what I've seen, no one is selling the Salute tickets right now, but with your trip not coming until December, you still have plenty of time for that to change and I think it will change. As long as they don't add the 60-day FP+ back in, it won't matter when you purchase them all the way up to your first day there. No reason to worry yet.

Has anyone had the expiration dates changed on their Season Salute tickets?
If you mean in MDE, I looked at my linked tickets I bought from SOG and put in MDE, and I don't have an expiration date listed. Do others see an expiration date in the system?

If you mean in MDE, I looked at my linked tickets I bought from SOG and put in MDE, and I don't have an expiration date listed. Do others see an expiration date in the system?
Yes, if you look under “Tickets and Passes” on the app, it should show you an expiration date.

From what I've seen, no one is selling the Salute tickets right now, but with your trip not coming until December, you still have plenty of time for that to change and I think it will change. As long as they don't add the 60-day FP+ back in, it won't matter when you purchase them all the way up to your first day there. No reason to worry yet.

Thanks, that’s kind of what I was thinking. The only aspect that concerned me was the park reservation system. We have a resort reservation & valid APs for July 18-27, but just a resort reservation in December. Hopefully, it won’t be as hard to get in by December.

Thanks again!

We also have a trip in September and purchased our tickets on February 18th. Shades has made it very clear that they will offer no refunds.

Making a trip next year might not be an option. But, if we can, how would upgrading our ticket work with FPs? I would like to be able to make them 60 days out If that comes back next year.

Other note. If we do go in September, and water parks are closed as well as no park hopping. We paid an extra $50 per ticket for the park hopper plus option. What happens there?

It was my understanding that the type of ticket doesn’t matter for fp+. You just need tickets/passes in addition to a Disney hotel reservation to get the 60 day out fp+ availability. So as long as you stay at SOG or a Disney hotel and have some type of admission, you should still get 60. This, of course, assumes that the current rules would still apply when fp+ comes back.

UT doesn't sell the military Salute ticket. The price of a regular ticket would probably be more than the value of the 2 days they might lose.
true, depends how bad they want to go if it is worth it to them I suppose
Mine doesn’t say anything like that however we have not used any days but ours also doesn’t show. an expiration

TIA
no place I am aware of, UT is selling “left overs” so once they are gone they are gone too
Yes, if you look under “Tickets and Passes” on the app, it should show you an expiration date.
Mine doesn’t show anything about expiration for MS or SnS

Attachments

• E7F9DF2C-FCCF-4C7F-8082-142CB0806ACF.jpeg
    E7F9DF2C-FCCF-4C7F-8082-142CB0806ACF.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10
true, depends how bad they want to go if it is worth it to them I suppose
Mine doesn’t say anything like that however we have not used any days but ours also doesn’t show. an expiration
no place I am aware of, UT is selling “left overs” so once they are gone they are gone too
Mine doesn’t show anything about expiration for MS or SnS
It doesn’t show on the desktop, but if you look on the actual app, go down to the lower right where the three lines are and select “Tickets and Passes” from the menu, it should display each of your tickets on a sliding rotation with number of days used and expiration date. 498289

TIA
Right now I suspect MS ticket sales might be on hold. Our MWR/ITTs around my area are still closed. Once they open, if they have holdovers they may or may not sell them? It sounds like Disney temporarily halted or just halted all sales. We have 4-day Military Salute tickets I wanted to increase to 6 days so I could split between two trips. Just emailed Shades of Green this morning to see if I can do this remotely instead of in person (I've done this in at SOG in person) and the auto-response said:

"At this time ticket sales for Walt Disney World Resort theme parks has been suspended. Tickets are available for Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and LEGOLAND Florida as well as several smaller venues. Please visit our website for updates."

I just realized your dates are December. Hopefully, tickets are available again well in advance of your trip.

Right now I suspect MS ticket sales might be on hold. Our MWR/ITTs around my area are still closed. Once they open, if they have holdovers they may or may not sell them? It sounds like Disney temporarily halted or just halted all sales. We have 4-day Military Salute tickets I wanted to increase to 6 days so I could split between two trips. Just emailed Shades of Green this morning to see if I can do this remotely instead of in person (I've done this in at SOG in person) and the auto-response said:

"At this time ticket sales for Walt Disney World Resort theme parks has been suspended. Tickets are available for Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and LEGOLAND Florida as well as several smaller venues. Please visit our website for updates."
I had the same response from SOG. I also called MWR/ITT at NAS Jax (where I have purchased before) and was told although they are getting ready to reopen, all Disney ticket sales are suspended. We have resort reservations for November, but had not purchased our tickets yet. Waiting to see what happens.

I emailed guest services yesterday and this is the response I got today. I asked that they consider possibly upgrading all military salute tickets to 2021 expiration dates.

Dear sweetyk83,

On behalf of the Walt Disney World Resort, I would like to first thank you for your service.

Please be sure to check with your local military base Exchange, PX, or Commissary that is an authorized seller of the 2020 Disney Military Promotion ticket media to see if they are offering a full refund. Some locations are currently extending a full refund on unused 2020 Disney Military Promotion ticket media. Your tickets are part of the 2020 Armed Forces Salute promotion and are set to expire on December 18, 2020. With that being said, we are offering the Armed Forces Salute promotion again in 2021. In the event that you are unable to use your current Theme Park tickets prior to their expiration date, please know that we are happy to apply the value of those tickets towards our 2021 promotion so long as you are able to present the appropriate military ID for activation.

Additionally, you may also contact us after your tickets' expiration date, and we will be more than happy to review research on what options may be available at that time. I understand this is not the answer you were looking for and appreciate your patience and understanding at this difficult time.

Sweetyk83, we hope you and your family are staying safe and have a magical day.

Kindest regards,

Silvia O'Neil
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-828-1415

I had the same response from SOG. I also called MWR/ITT at NAS Jax (where I have purchased before) and was told although they are getting ready to reopen, all Disney ticket sales are suspended. We have resort reservations for November, but had not purchased our tickets yet. Waiting to see what happens.
Thank you for confirming about MWR/ITT, I'll let DH know too (was toying with the idea of trying at his location when they open).

Thanks also @sweetyk83 for sharing the info you've gotten. It sounds as if they are not changing policy for Salute tickets :(

I emailed guest services yesterday and this is the response I got today. I asked that they consider possibly upgrading all military salute tickets to 2021 expiration dates.

Dear sweetyk83,

On behalf of the Walt Disney World Resort, I would like to first thank you for your service.

Please be sure to check with your local military base Exchange, PX, or Commissary that is an authorized seller of the 2020 Disney Military Promotion ticket media to see if they are offering a full refund. Some locations are currently extending a full refund on unused 2020 Disney Military Promotion ticket media. Your tickets are part of the 2020 Armed Forces Salute promotion and are set to expire on December 18, 2020. With that being said, we are offering the Armed Forces Salute promotion again in 2021. In the event that you are unable to use your current Theme Park tickets prior to their expiration date, please know that we are happy to apply the value of those tickets towards our 2021 promotion so long as you are able to present the appropriate military ID for activation.

Additionally, you may also contact us after your tickets' expiration date, and we will be more than happy to review research on what options may be available at that time. I understand this is not the answer you were looking for and appreciate your patience and understanding at this difficult time.

Kindest regards,

Silvia O'Neil
Walt Disney World Resort
407-828-1415
Honestly this is disappointing to me since they ARE extending discounted tickets purchased through other third party vendors. As I’ve indicated previously, although I’m sure it’s not official policy, it IS being done. And they know very well that the return policy (at least for SOG is quite strict and they are adhering to it without exception). Regardless, we were sold a ticket that was supposed to be able to be used for a specific amount of time and it was rendered useless for almost a quarter of that time (and the exact time I needed to use it). And now if I want to use it I have to pay more money? Ridiculous. Besides the fact that traveling parties can change from year to year and some of these tickets can now not even be used! Honestly, I do appreciate Disney’s past treatment of our military and don’t want to rock the boat for future treatment, but this is really unfair and does not make sense with what they are doing for others.

Dear sweetyk83,

Kindest regards,

Silvia O'Neil
Walt Disney World Resort
407-828-1415
Thank you sweetiek83 for posting that.

I also wrote an email to Disney this morning and received a shockingly quick response. While polite it was the same of what we have received in the past and appears they feel their hands are tied with their contract. I’ve included my email and what was received below

my email:

Good Morning,

I am writing to you today in hopes that you will reconsider your stance on the status of 2020 Military Season Salute Tickets. My understanding is that you will not be taking any stance on them and are leaving it up to the local MWR/ITT offices and Shades of Green resort to handle on their own. While some of the local offices are giving refunds on these tickets, Shades of Green (probably by far the largest single distributor of military tickets) has stuck with their previous return policy which is quite strict and only makes allowances for deployments, illness, etc. The other option being given by all parties is that these tickets can be exchanged for the 2021 Military Season Salute tickets when/if they are released in the fall but only if they pay the difference. While I realize you have a lot on your plate trying to figure out how to salvage basically everything during an unprecedented and unusual situation, I find the solution in regards to these tickets is unacceptable. I know that Military tickets are considered third party tickets and the policy you have stood behind is that individuals who purchased through third party sources need to deal with those sources directly. I also know that many tickets people have purchased through other third party vendors (such as Undercover Tourist, Costco Travel, etc) have been automatically extended through September 2021. I suspect that this is because once these tickets have been loaded into My Disney Experience, there is no difference in your system between them and tickets directly purchased through Disney. I suspect that that is why Military tickets are not being offered the same outcome. However, I believe it is unfair that you are asking Military ticket holders to pay the difference to extend their tickets but people who purchased their tickets through other discounted third party vendors are being extended this option as a courtesy. Further, while I sincerely and emphatically appreciate the kind and generous treatment the Walt Disney company has extended to the Military community over the years and do so hope it continues, I suggest that your current stance on these tickets is an abrupt departure from that and puts many military families in a place of hardship. Many of these families not only lost a vacation that they planned during the closure and possibly monies associated with that, but now have tickets that are useless to them unless they pay money to have them upgraded. These military tickets are not the same as other tickets and have eligibility requirements. Many factors come into play that may make these tickets unusable by next year such as Military separation, divorce, and even just simples changes in traveling parties. Additionally, the tickets were sold to be used for a specific amount of time over a roughly 11.5 month period and were rendered completely useless for a quarter of that time. I appeal to you to come up with some other more palatable and fair solution for our military families than what is currently being offered. I look forward to hearing your response.

The response:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!