Military Continues to Discharge Gay Linguists

BuckNaked said:
My bad, I missed the memo where you made a moderator - congrats! :thumbsup2

Interesting, someone responds in kind as you did (Dawn), and you take offense. But it's ok for you... I thought you didn't like these double standards?

Did you at least see where I included all the hetero females in those that deserved their privacy rights being worthy of protection? You accused me of leaving them (you) out and I just wanted to make sure you knew that I included you/them.

TCPluto said:
Interesting, someone responds in kind as you did (Dawn), and you take offense.

Offense? I said congrats and gave you a thumbs up...what do you want, candy and flowers? :rotfl:

BuckNaked said:
Offense? I said congrats and gave you a thumbs up...what do you want, candy and flowers? :rotfl:

I'm sorry, you need to read more closely. I was referring to your condescending response to Dawn, that's why I put her name in my response so you would be clear.

While your "board mod" response and smilie to me was clearly sarcastic, I don't particularly care. I was just pointing out the absurdity of you complaining about someone else's post, becasue you post the same way. That's all.

TCPluto said:
By your logic, we should just have the men and woman shower and bunk toghther side by side, because very few are the predators you speak of, right?

:confused3 Not the same at all. 10% (being very generous with the percentage) gay men vs. 90% straight men showering and bunking together.

Your slippery slope logic is 90% straight men and 90% straight women showering and bunking together. Show me how your logic could even be remotely considered the same?

TCPluto said:
I'm sorry, you need to read more closely. I was referring to your condescending response to Dawn, that's why I put her name in my response so you would be clear.

I certainly hope you are confusing yourself as much as you are confusing me. :lmao:

OK kids, let's hit rewind. I made the mod comment, then you quoted it and responded by saying I had taken offense. I'm wondering where you got the idea I had taken offense at your comment? And if you weren't referring to the mod comment vis a vis me taking offense, then why did you quote it?

I think if we keep this up long enough, you'll be so confused that you'll be marching at the next "gays in the military now" parade. :lmao:

While your "board mod" response and smilie to me was clearly sarcastic, I don't particularly care. I was just pointing out the absurdity of you complaining about someone else's post, becasue you post the same way. That's all.

Again, being sarcastic and being condescending are not the same at all.

I'm confused and have a question RE: "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". If it's 'Don't Ask', then why is the military asking what your sexual preference is?

TheBellhop said:
I'm confused and have a question RE: "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". If it's 'Don't Ask', then why is the military asking what your sexual preference is?

Pre Clinton you were asked as part of the enlistment process...You are no longer asked

JennyMominRI said:
Pre Clinton you were asked as part of the enlistment process...You are no longer asked

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup2

DawnCt1 said:
Not at all. Most women, like most men obey the rules, accept the discipline and the uniform. I am pointing out however when another group is introduced in which sexual tension results, it becomes increasingly problematic. It is problematic now as a result of the behavior of a few. The blame isn't assigned to one gender or another but when men and women are together and away from home, it happens more than it should.

Pretty hypocritcal to use what you used as an argument but not extend it to heterosexuals as well.

cardaway said:
Pretty hypocritcal to use what you used as an argument but not extend it to heterosexuals as well.

There are other arguements as well. That is only one. Which arguement would you support? None apparently. You don't agree with the policy. That is your choice. I would suggest that you don't enlist.

Keli said:
I haven't read all the replies here but to the OP this seems simple to me. We have a 'don't ask, don't tell" policy. If this person wanted to remain in the military they should have kept their behavior within those perimeters.

I think the debate is over the necessity of the policy.

LukenDC said:
What's more important to you? Preventing an al Qaeda visit to your community or a gay Arabic linguist in the military having a sex life?

I don't believe I need to make a choice here. I have full confidence that the military will be able to retain an ample supply of arabic linguists willing to live within the 'don't ask, don't tell' requirements.

Keli said:
I don't believe I need to make a choice here. I have full confidence that the military will be able to retain an ample supply of arabic linguists willing to live within the 'don't ask, don't tell' requirements.

I'm afraid that your confidence is misguided. By all accounts there is a serious nationwide shortage of linguists in the military, diplomatic corps, and intelligence agencies. Arabic is one of the most difficult languages in the world and not commonly taught in the United States. Many of the native Arabic speakers in the United States cannot get the necessary security clearances to work for the government.

DawnCt1 said:
There are other arguements as well. That is only one. Which arguement would you support?

It's about the people who support keeping out gays coming up with an argument that is not hypocriitical and is beyond "because the person in command says so". I haven't seen one yet.

RickinNYC said:
Here's a tip. Gay men and lesbians don't get pregnant unless they try REALLY hard.

Perhaps they better steer clear of target practice then. :rotfl2:

Bob Slydell said:
Actually, it sounds like it would be an improvement -- no need to return to port for pregnant women if they're all lesbians. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Keep them away from turkey basters. ;)

Call it what it is - a prejudicial policy without foundation or merit. Clinton sold out on his promise to GLBT people. It is a shameful policy at odds with our Constitution, but then tyranny of the majority is nothing new to democracy.

"Because it works for many" ... is that an argument? There were African American regiments back to revolutionary days because although they would be allowed to spill their blood like everyone else, integration "would cause too much trouble." These tired arguments have been used for centuries to exclude and suggest that we're "compromising". In fact, the FIRST person to die in the revolution was an African American slave. He died for what we celebrate on July 4th. He died a slave in a country that rarely ever mentions his name in its history books.

Just like African Americans before, and women more recently - closeted GL military are supposed to die for a country that believes they are worth less than a full person, with fewer rights and less acceptance. They come home from abroad still a second class citizen. It is a disgrace and sickening. Anyone who supports this policy as a compromise should take a class in diversity - perhaps even read our own Constitution. This policy works for the majority who believe homosexuals are disruptive, sick, etc. etc.

I suppose as a gay man I should he happy I don't HAVE to wear a pink triangle on my lapel everywhere I go. Hate takes many forms. Some obviously vile... others, dressed in fancy garments to look like something it isn't. But at its root - it's spelled the same. :furious:

Psychometrika said:
Clinton sold out on his promise to GLBT people.

Previous posters who support the policy seem to have totally forgot that very few people liked that Clinton signed it. Total cop out and didn't do much to change things.

cardaway said:
Previous posters who support the policy seem to have totally forgot that very few people liked that Clinton signed it. Total cop out and didn't do much to change things.

Its not going to change. Accept it.

Ok. We'll accept it. And as long as we're at it. You women folk, get back in the house. You aren't capable of voting anyway. You're just women and should be barefoot and pregnant. You African Americans - best get your jeans washed cause honey, it's back to the fields.

Don't let the pavement scrape up your knuckles too badly on your way to the cave tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter