Mickey's Very Merry Holiday WEIGHT LOSS Party! December 2016

Checking in for the end of the year - 0% .... I seem to have gained a pound as of today's weigh in.

Not going to be too hard on myself as I have been drinking TONS of water (did I mention I am still super sore from working out on Wednesday!?!). So it could be that. At any rate, I'm ready to kick it into high gear next month and look ahead to my exciting month at Orangetheory!

See y'all on the new thread!

Reporting in for the end of month: 100% - despite the holiday season I did really well sticking to the dinner meal plan we made and having home made lunches and breakfasts as well. I did not go over the built in allowances of non-home made meals - this was a mix of not so good takeout and better choice take-outs or restaurant sit down meals. I will definitely be continuing my meal planning in January.

:thanks: so much to @pjlla for jumping in at the last minute to help keep us on track and motivated in December as our host at what was a very busy and challenging time :D

I won't rate my month. Scale is little up but somehow I feel I have done great and not only I kept my minimums but got new training program

I had 300 days anniversary on MFP yesterday! I was pretty happy about that

I am not feeling chatty today. I am cranky as I had plans spending the last day of the year in one way, but unfortunately I can't as DH agreed that it's ok his friend and his 3 kids to pop in at lunch time. I was working Thursday and yesterday we spend the day with family. Today I was hoping walk along the sea, gym, yoga, chill out, dress up, go for dinner with me DH and DS

Instead I have to clean, (cleaner is off) cook, shop for presents for the boys, try to handle 4 kids between 3 and 9, clean after them and rush for dinner. :(. I feel such a meany but I don't want them today at all

Sorry @HappyGrape that you are not such a happy grape today! I totally understand. I am always grumpy when my plans are changed by someone else. And cleaning instead of yoga does not sound nice.... however, how much would those boys and their father notice how clean it is? ;-)

Headed for home in a few hours and will do final weigh in once I get there!

Look into Jeff Galloway, his plans changed my life. I have since gotten away from Run-walk-run but I wouldn't have kept running in the beginning without it. He does all the official training plans for runDisney. If you have never done a runDisney event you should they are amazing!!

Thank you! Will look into him during the drive today. I've never done any sort of running event ever!

Good morning! Happy to report that I'm the same weight that I was at the beginning of the month. I'm ready for a new month to begin so I can go at it again! I think all-in-all this year I am about the same weight I was at the beginning of the year which stinks but I'm not any heavier and lots of things happened to me this year. So I'm going to chalk it up to, hey it's life. And there will be many years down the road like this one. So the importance is to remember that this is a lifetime thing, not a permanent thing. Thanks for all the support this year, friends!

Good job! Not up is so much better than up. :)

Checking in for the end of the year - 0% .... I seem to have gained a pound as of today's weigh in.

Not going to be too hard on myself as I have been drinking TONS of water (did I mention I am still super sore from working out on Wednesday!?!). So it could be that. At any rate, I'm ready to kick it into high gear next month and look ahead to my exciting month at Orangetheory!

See y'all on the new thread!

Looking forward to hearing more about Orangetheory. It sounds tough!

Reporting in for the end of month: 100% - despite the holiday season I did really well sticking to the dinner meal plan we made and having home made lunches and breakfasts as well. I did not go over the built in allowances of non-home made meals - this was a mix of not so good takeout and better choice take-outs or restaurant sit down meals. I will definitely be continuing my meal planning in January.

:thanks: so much to @pjlla for jumping in at the last minute to help keep us on track and motivated in December as our host at what was a very busy and challenging time :D

Great job on hitting your goals this month!

Also adding thanks to @pjlla for keeping us together this month. <applause>.

I won't rate my month. Scale is little up but somehow I feel I have done great and not only I kept my minimums but got new training program

I am not feeling chatty today. I am cranky as I had plans spending the last day of the year in one way, but unfortunately I can't as DH agreed that it's ok his friend and his 3 kids to pop in at lunch time. I was working Thursday and yesterday we spend the day with family. Today I was hoping walk along the sea, gym, yoga, chill out, dress up, go for dinner with me DH and DS

Instead I have to clean, (cleaner is off) cook, shop for presents for the boys, try to handle 4 kids between 3 and 9, clean after them and rush for dinner. :(. I feel such a meany but I don't want them today at all

Congratulations on your MFP streak! Woohoo!!

The unexpected guests would make me cranky too. Hopefully DH helped. Or did the lion's share of the work.

Sorry @HappyGrape that you are not such a happy grape today! I totally understand. I am always grumpy when my plans are changed by someone else. And cleaning instead of yoga does not sound nice.... however, how much would those boys and their father notice how clean it is? ;-)

:)

Good morning all! Sorry to have disappeared for a few days! Time got away from me as we traveled here and there! And of course, it dawned on me earlier this morning that I never completed a weekly progress report for this past week. So if no one objects I will do an "end of the month" report in the next 24 hours and call it DONE!

I will take a moment now to post a FINAL QOTD for 2016!! Wowza! Then I will work on catching up a bit with the chatter while I have the time. I need to be fully dressed with make up and the whole bit by about 11 am for the 12:30 wedding and luncheon. Then we will come back to the hotel for an abbreviated Christmas celebration with my brother and his family and then we will touch-up the hair and make-up and head to the 6pm Swing Dance reception! The reception is actually not scheduled to last until midnight (not sure why one would have a NYE wedding and NOT plan to have a big celebration at midnight, but not my call), so we are inviting some family to come celebrate a bit in our room and watch the ball drop. Sparkling cider, cheese and crackers, and a dessert platter we brought from home will be the extent of the foods. I don't know every one else's plans, but my family will be trying to be on the road by noon, weather permitting, since it is about an 8 hour drive. ...............P

Hey all.... of course, the minute I think I have a moment to do read/replies, DH wakes up to go to breakfast. I already ate nearly 2 hours ago, but I said I'd go sit with him. So no time for replies now. But I did see this.....

Can you believe 2016 is almost over??!! I have posted the thread ready for January 1, 2017!! When you get a spare moment come on over and save your spot - can't wait to see you all there!!! I am so excited for the New Year!!!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney’s-marvelous-super-hero-new-you-new-year-celebration-–-january-2017.3567784/

WOOHOO! We are up and ready for 2017! Bring it on! Hope to see you ALL there.... and bring a friend!..............P

not sure why one would have a NYE wedding and NOT plan to have a big celebration at midnight, but not my call),
I had to LOL at this one, today is my anniversary and we had a daytime wedding too. I originally wanted to do a party until midnight but the cost was outrageous and no venue really wanted to do one because they already had plans. Instead we had a early wedding to give everyone the chance to go out afterwards if they wanted to.

:welcome: to your FINAL QOTD for 2016!!:rainbow:

Sum up your 2016 in one word:

Name your greatest HOPE/WISH for 2017 in one word:

2016- Disney (At the beginning of the year we made it the year of Disney, we got APs and went as much as we could. We made so many life long memories)

2017- fearless (not going to let fear hold me back from doing anything I want to do!)

You have done great this year finding what works for you and hitting your weight goal. I don't blame you at all for feeling cranky - the day you had planned sounded lovely!

And cleaning instead of yoga does not sound nice.... however, how much would those boys and their father notice how clean it is? ;-)

I agree - but us women find it hard to let that stuff go don't we?

so we are inviting some family to come celebrate a bit in our room and watch the ball drop. Sparkling cider, cheese and crackers, and a dessert platter we brought from home will be the extent of the foods.

That sounds like a great way to see in the New Year - hope you enjoy.

TUMULTUOUS - I did get help from a thesaurus for that but I think it does sum up the year I have had it has been crazy busy at work and I have had an emotional rollercoaster of a year at times.

REJUVINATION - I hope to experience this in a healthy body and a healthy mind - to continue to let go of the past, learn from it and move forward to a better, happier, healthier me.

Well it is just after midnight here so HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!!! It was a relaxed day but very hot again! DS12 was at a mates house, DS16 had work for 3 1/2 hours so DD and I stayed at the shops and went to an impromptu movie .... just the 2 of us. The movie turned out a little more inappropriate than the adds for it showed - but I laughed all the way through it and I needed that today! Randomly a friend of DS12 from primary school sat in front of us - so afterwards we had a drink and a chat with his mum - and we felt relieved we weren't the only bad parents lol! Its so funny we haven't seen this family in a year as the kids went to different schools and it has just been so busy and now we have caught up 3 times in the last 3 weeks!

Tonight we grabbed takeout fish and chips and sat on the beach to watch the early 8.30p fireworks from a distance - so we got to see all of the wonder without the big loud bangs! There were lots of people around doing a similar thing - the ocean breeze and hearing the waves crash in the darkness while watching the fireworks just the 4 of us was so calming and a nice feeling of togetherness. We headed home to watch the new version of Magnificent 7 together - but I fell asleep on the couch half way through - the twins gave up and went to bed - so DS16 was the only one to see it till the end. I came to bed but couldn't get off to sleep - hence my chattiness on here! Its also because I got a random unexpected text from the ex tonight that I am doing my best to ignore, not be affected by and not respond to - all a part of that moving on in 2017!! I am coping with it better than I have previously when I get random texts - so that is showing the progress I have made this year in relation to healing.

I had to LOL at this one, today is my anniversary and we had a daytime wedding too. I originally wanted to do a party until midnight but the cost was outrageous and no venue really wanted to do one because they already had plans. Instead we had a early wedding to give everyone the chance to go out afterwards if they wanted to.

Happy Anniversary!!

2017- fearless (not going to let fear hold me back from doing anything I want to do!)

Ooohh - I like this one :thumbsup2

I got a random unexpected text from the ex tonight that I am doing my best to ignore, not be affected by and not respond to - all a part of that moving on in 2017!! I am coping with it better than I have previously when I get random texts - so that is showing the progress I have made this year in relation to healing.

Just a quick hug!! :grouphug: I am happy to hear that you are dealing better with it than in the past! I was actually thinking of you the other day when you started the new thread and how much you seem to have gained confidence over the course of the last year! I love all the friendships in this thread and it is wonderful to see how people are affected in a positive way. Whether it is the big ones like reaching goal weight and tackling maintenance like @courtneybeth and @HappyGrape or whether it is less obvious change. :goodvibes

As to the question of the day:
2016: forgetful - it really was a year that did not bring a lot of positives, but quite a lot of negatives and I am just happy that it is over and can be forgotten
2017: my biggest hope/wish for the next year is to gain more consistency. I am so often alternating between doing really well and then not doing so well again. Not just with healthy living, but also with other aspects of my life. Partly it is due to just me not getting my act together, but I am starting to wonder if I should get some more professional help to work on it... We will see.

it went ok! I went in to local store and did the shopping and presents, DH did the clean up! I went to the gym and did my lifting, treadmill and yoga, got ready for going out. DH took all boys out for run around the park, we were home between 2 and half 5. We ordered pizza made big salad, treats and drinks. I didn't have any as I am having dinner in one hour!

Didn't get my seaside walk but hopefully tomorrow. I need drink and chill out now!

Just a quick hug!! :grouphug: I am happy to hear that you are dealing better with it than in the past! I was actually thinking of you the other day when you started the new thread and how much you seem to have gained confidence over the course of the last year! I love all the friendships in this thread and it is wonderful to see how people are affected in a positive way.

Thank you! I agree about the friendships made on here it is one of my favourite things of 2016. :hug: for you too - I hope 2017 is a better year for you and sees your wishes come true.

it went ok! I went in to local store and did the shopping and presents, DH did the clean up! I went to the gym and did my lifting, treadmill and yoga, got ready for going out. DH took all boys out for run around the park, we were home between 2 and half 5. We ordered pizza made big salad, treats and drinks. I didn't have any as I am having dinner in one hour!

Didn't get my seaside walk but hopefully tomorrow. I need drink and chill out now!

Glad to hear it! Hope you enjoyed that drink .... or 2.

Loving seeing everyone's words for 2016/2016 - what a great question @pjlla!

I am finishing the month down 5.2 pounds - so 100% of goal and then some. Yay!!!!!!!

Not bad for an afternoon weigh-in to end a month that included 10 days in Orlando, Hanukkah, and another week away from home with the in-laws.

2016 word: tumultuous
2017 word: focused

My brain automatically wants to choose sh**** when trying to sum up 2016 in one word. Not a good year. But it had a lot of truly wonderful moments and I want to be more positive. "Peaks and valleys" is three words so tumultuous it is.

Looking back over my journal, I was in a very similar place and frame of mind on New Year's Eve last year. I had goals and plans and dreams for 2016. For the most part they didn't happen. More accurately, I didn't make them happen because I let myself be swept away by the tides of life. So for 2017 - focus.

Good morning all! Sorry to have disappeared for a few days! Time got away from me as we traveled here and there! And of course, it dawned on me earlier this morning that I never completed a weekly progress report for this past week. So if no one objects I will do an "end of the month" report in the next 24 hours and call it DONE!

I will take a moment now to post a FINAL QOTD for 2016!! Wowza! Then I will work on catching up a bit with the chatter while I have the time. I need to be fully dressed with make up and the whole bit by about 11 am for the 12:30 wedding and luncheon. Then we will come back to the hotel for an abbreviated Christmas celebration with my brother and his family and then we will touch-up the hair and make-up and head to the 6pm Swing Dance reception! The reception is actually not scheduled to last until midnight (not sure why one would have a NYE wedding and NOT plan to have a big celebration at midnight, but not my call), so we are inviting some family to come celebrate a bit in our room and watch the ball drop. Sparkling cider, cheese and crackers, and a dessert platter we brought from home will be the extent of the foods. I don't know every one else's plans, but my family will be trying to be on the road by noon, weather permitting, since it is about an 8 hour drive. ...............P

That wedding sounds fun - although it would strike me as odd to not have the reception go to midnight. :)

And that makes sense! Now I get it!

You have done great this year finding what works for you and hitting your weight goal. I don't blame you at all for feeling cranky - the day you had planned sounded lovely!

I agree - but us women find it hard to let that stuff go don't we?

That sounds like a great way to see in the New Year - hope you enjoy.

TUMULTUOUS - I did get help from a thesaurus for that but I think it does sum up the year I have had it has been crazy busy at work and I have had an emotional rollercoaster of a year at times.

REJUVINATION - I hope to experience this in a healthy body and a healthy mind - to continue to let go of the past, learn from it and move forward to a better, happier, healthier me.

Well it is just after midnight here so HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!!! It was a relaxed day but very hot again! DS12 was at a mates house, DS16 had work for 3 1/2 hours so DD and I stayed at the shops and went to an impromptu movie .... just the 2 of us. The movie turned out a little more inappropriate than the adds for it showed - but I laughed all the way through it and I needed that today! Randomly a friend of DS12 from primary school sat in front of us - so afterwards we had a drink and a chat with his mum - and we felt relieved we weren't the only bad parents lol! Its so funny we haven't seen this family in a year as the kids went to different schools and it has just been so busy and now we have caught up 3 times in the last 3 weeks!

Tonight we grabbed takeout fish and chips and sat on the beach to watch the early 8.30p fireworks from a distance - so we got to see all of the wonder without the big loud bangs! There were lots of people around doing a similar thing - the ocean breeze and hearing the waves crash in the darkness while watching the fireworks just the 4 of us was so calming and a nice feeling of togetherness. We headed home to watch the new version of Magnificent 7 together - but I fell asleep on the couch half way through - the twins gave up and went to bed - so DS16 was the only one to see it till the end. I came to bed but couldn't get off to sleep - hence my chattiness on here! Its also because I got a random unexpected text from the ex tonight that I am doing my best to ignore, not be affected by and not respond to - all a part of that moving on in 2017!! I am coping with it better than I have previously when I get random texts - so that is showing the progress I have made this year in relation to healing.

Apparently I should have finished reading before picking words because now I'm a copycat. :)

Happy New Year! Sounds like a wonderful way to welcome it in - including how you coped with the random unexpected text.

Just a quick hug!! :grouphug: I am happy to hear that you are dealing better with it than in the past! I was actually thinking of you the other day when you started the new thread and how much you seem to have gained confidence over the course of the last year! I love all the friendships in this thread and it is wonderful to see how people are affected in a positive way. Whether it is the big ones like reaching goal weight and tackling maintenance like @courtneybeth and @HappyGrape or whether it is less obvious change. :goodvibes

As to the question of the day:
2016: forgetful - it really was a year that did not bring a lot of positives, but quite a lot of negatives and I am just happy that it is over and can be forgotten
2017: my biggest hope/wish for the next year is to gain more consistency. I am so often alternating between doing really well and then not doing so well again. Not just with healthy living, but also with other aspects of my life. Partly it is due to just me not getting my act together, but I am starting to wonder if I should get some more professional help to work on it... We will see.

Wishing you all the best in 2017!

I'm glad the day worked out so that you got in most of your plans!!

Qotd--rough, we started the year with my daughter with a cast on her ankle. I was also the heaviest I had ever been. After 3 separate x-rays her ankle never showed a break so I ignored the pain pain she was in and thenear at a check up to make sure everything was OK with her ankle finally saw the break. She ended up doing pt most of the summer. We also found out at this time that she had several eye issues and did vision therapy for 18 weeks. I knew something was wrong for a few years but didn't follow my intuition. I had several days of big time mom guilt. Then at the end of the year of have been pretty sick and my son broke is pinky finger. We had the choice of surgery or a cast. Neither being great options. We went with the cast and just have a feeling we didn't make the right choice. We won't know until the cast is off. He may not have full range of motion back.

I did have a lot of up moments. I lost at least 10 pounds. Not sure where I am at right now but I know I am still at least at that. We went to Disney in June. I have spent more time on me then I have other years.

For this upcoming year I want to spend more time on me and finally lose the 15 pounds I really want to lose.

2016: SUCCESSFUL
2017: AMBITION

Words cannot even express how amazing this group is for accountability and resources for success. I'm going to stick with it for another year because 2017 is going to get me really out of my comfort zone. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter