Mickey's Hand is in my Pocket II! & DH's P.O.V: pg 19-7/20 On Our Way Home....

Well, I didn't hear of any "un-named woman" causing a plane to emergency land between Chicago and Orlando, so I assume the pills worked!!! :thumbsup2

Pills worked :banana:

QUICK UPDATE:

Resorts = so far great
Food - Pretty good
Health - Heel - been really good, Rest of Body -HORRIBLE - I've lost two days because I now have STREP THROAT!:sick: Yep - I'm one of those people who got sick on their long planned vacation

Jaime - you may hear about that unnamed woman on the way home as I can't take the valium with the other meds :sad2:

More when we get back!

Pills worked :banana:

QUICK UPDATE:

Resorts = so far great
Food - Pretty good
Health - Heel - been really good, Rest of Body -HORRIBLE - I've lost two days because I now have STREP THROAT!:sick: Yep - I'm one of those people who got sick on their long planned vacation

Jaime - you may hear about that unnamed woman on the way home as I can't take the valium with the other meds :sad2:

More when we get back!

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Rest of Body -HORRIBLE - I've lost two days because I now have STREP THROAT!:sick: Yep - I'm one of those people who got sick on their long planned vacation

Tragic scenario for a true DisFreak!

Thankfully I've been able to get a break from running around :rolleyes1 , and she's been forced to enjoy this gorgeous resort a bit.

Funny thing is, the night before being diagnosed there was a story on the 11 o'clock news about sickness going around here, listing all her symptoms to a T (NPI). She had been moaning about some kids coughing on her at the park, so maybe she'll learn to relax rather than going 100MPH between the parks, restaurants, and other activities here...:3dglasses
(yeah, right...)

Tragic scenario for a true DisFreak!

Thankfully I've been able to get a break from running around :rolleyes1 , and she's been forced to enjoy this gorgeous resort a bit.
(yeah, right...)

I'm sad to say I think DH has something to do with my strep throat. :sick: He knew my heel was better so he had to find another way to knock me down :laughing: I think he found the sickest kid in the park when I wasn't looking and had them lick my cup or something :crazy2: :lmao: And I still didn't get to enjoy it as much..laying on a couch does not count! :headache:

Hi all,

We are finally home:sad2: I'll start the trippie in the next few days, but we survived my strep throat, still did not have enough time to relax or run around (does that make any sense! ;) ) and had a wonderful time.

Never really saw any Dream Team members but once or twice, resorts and rooms were great, CM's were all great, had a big cake surprise with DIL's and who didn't tell me that Belz turned into Prime! :rotfl:

More after we get settled back in.

This is an awesome thread!! It just distracted me from bill paying for about 25minutes!! Your husband is HYSTERICAL and reminds me very much of mine! It stinks that you got sick in Disney but it is better to be sick in Disney than at home! I caught a terrible stomach bug in April and had to miss the Pirate & Princess Party but I did get to enjoy the resort as I was forced to "relax"! DH & DD went to party. Can't wait to hear about your trip! I am also a huge planner but my DH helps!!

Glad you're feeling better - sorry you're back - can't wait to hear ALL! :hug:
Thanks Jaime - I'm sorry I'm back too!! I'm still in shock I lost half the trip to being sick. But I think it's really caught up to me now as I'm exhausted. Hoping to get first chapter up this weekend.

This is an awesome thread!! It just distracted me from bill paying for about 25minutes!! Your husband is HYSTERICAL and reminds me very much of mine! It stinks that you got sick in Disney but it is better to be sick in Disney than at home! I caught a terrible stomach bug in April and had to miss the Pirate & Princess Party but I did get to enjoy the resort as I was forced to "relax"! DH & DD went to party. Can't wait to hear about your trip! I am also a huge planner but my DH helps!!

:welcome: Tinkerbellcrafter and thanks - always glad when I can help be part of a distraction ;) I agree about being sick at Disney - I think it would have taken me a week at home to get better. At Disney, I was going to keep going until I dropped (which I almost did in Epcot -more on that later) and as soon as I had my meds, I was intantly better. Now that I'm home I'm exhausted :lmao:

At least your DH helps, mine helps by trying to change everything two weeks before we leave! :headache:

Well it was 24 hours before we left…which meant I was at my computer at 5:45am to get my SWA boarding passes at exactly 6:05. Since we all know how my I love flying LOL, I was really nervous. DH was probably hoping for a C pass so he could pass me off onto some other poor unsuspecting passenger :idea:

So 6:05 rolls around and I hit the check-in button and it says nope – too early. :scared1: WHAT???? Try again, same thing…now I’m getting nervous. Do I have the right flight? The right day? My confirmation says I do unless I’ve gotten so panicked I’ve forgotten how to read! PHEW - third time was the charm. I think we had A24 & 25…not too shabby! :woohoo:

DH ends up taking a half day (thankfully) so we can get a few last minute things done and drop off the doggie.
smile.jpg

Of course in my head this means we could have left TODAY and had even more time. :goodvibes

We eventually get everything done and try to get to sleep at a decent hour (I believe around 10ish) as we had to be out the door at 4am. I think I was too busy making last minute lists of what not to forget in the am to pack and to turn off or unplug.

I really didn’t think I’d get any sleep due to a combination of excitement about going “Home” and absolute dread about the plane. But I think the plane pills (as we’ll call them) actually worked as I was able to get sleep. 3am rolled around pretty quick, but hey, I’m now on Disney time – who needs sleep. :banana:

Our car arrived promptly at 4am, and our driver Mo (who friends had recommended) was great and very talkative for that time of the day. I think we made it to Midway in about 15 minutes and sailed right through security. DH wanted something to eat…I wanted a drink :lmao: Since the bars were not open I chose not to get anything. Once I buckle up on that plane, I don’t move!

We finally get the call to board, so we head to the group we have. Someone with an A pass with a number higher than us looked like she was not going to move and because she got there first we should step behind her. Sorry, not happening. I see her pass and promptly insert us in front of her (and she really was trying to close the little tiny gap between her and the person in front of her) and I say “Oh look – we have lower numbers, so we must be in front of you” I’m sure I got a dirty look and DH probably wanted to strangle me, but toooooo bad. I have my number and I’m going in that order!

I have my little chart out that shows the good/bad seats and show it to DH…I tell him to go ahead of me and choose the seats. I want no responsibility if something happens...it’ll be all his fault since he chose the seats and I can haunt him in the afterlife. ;) He manages to grab the row behind the exit row – perfect.
IMG_0946.jpg

Here’s an absolutely lovely pic of me getting set…
IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

Sidebar: I would like to point out in the picture above that small little binder under my arm is the 2008 binder! OK – back to the show.

IMG_0929.jpg

DH takes the seat next to the window (so he can be sucked out first – told ya I was crazy when it comes to flying :rotfl2:) :sad2:

The plane isn’t full
IMG_0945.jpg

And in this one there’s a baby on the plane across from us…didn’t hear a peep out of the baby the whole flight.
IMG_0937.jpg

So we take off and I do not have my usual silent meltdown…yay :yay: !!! Plane pills worked! Flight is uneventful, and we do not have any fun flight attendants, as I’ve heard about when people fly SWA. We land and start heading towards the luggage…you can tell I’m much happier now:
IMG_0951.jpg

Our luggage was already going by by the time we made it to the pickup area. So we grab it, head for the National lot right across from the terminal, grab a car and we are finally on our way to Boardwalk.

Up next:
I think our room is in another time zone and who knew Belz went Prime!

Glad you survived the flight!! I love flying and take off and landing are like an amusement park ride to me....I never thought of taking pictures in the airport...we are usually just flying off the tram to pick up our luggage with our DD8 in the lead:-)

Yay for surviving the flight!
I know - miracle! Except now DH thinks we should continue this trend and fly again next year. ;)

Glad you survived the flight!! I love flying and take off and landing are like an amusement park ride to me....I never thought of taking pictures in the airport...we are usually just flying off the tram to pick up our luggage with our DD8 in the lead:-)

As I'm reading your quote all I could think of (as it was just on) was that CSI episode where the rollarcoaster comes off the tracks and crashes - my mind can be warped :rotfl: It's not so much the landing, it's the taking off and the time building up to it. I wish I could think of it as fun...I just see it as dread :eek: That's why I think super early flights (like we had going down) work better for me...I'm too tired to really work myself up and I have less awake time (which I had more of coming back) to think about it.

Thanks to everyone for reading...next installment at some point this week. I kicked the strep but not have a rotten cold which I hope is now on the mend.

So we head over to BWV to check –in. Being that it is only around 10am I did not expect the room to be ready, and it wasn’t.
IMG_0958.jpg

After a fairly quick check-in, we have a little look around. We’ve visited the hotel before, but never even checked out the pool…so we do that for just a bit.

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

It was then we decided to hit the outlet malls. I talked DH into doing this so we could buy things for cheap before even seeing the pricey things on property – and pick up a few gifts for people. We’d always had excellent luck at the Belz Outlet in the past. This time I had a coupon for the Character Outlet at the Lake Buena Vista Outlet Stores so we decided to go there first. I think we were taking International Drive to the street it was on, but we, of course, went the wrong way. This would be the first of many wrong turns and going waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy out of the way to get somewhere that seemed to become the theme for this trip. :headache:

We eventually find it and it’s about the size of a hotel room and they had nothing! Oh well, let’s go over to Belz. Now you would think with all the time spent on the computer, one of us would have looked up the mall, but hey, we’ve been there every trip…no reason to look it up. So we head over to where it should be. But instead of Belz and the INDOOR mall, we now find Prime and an OUTDOOR mall.

Me: Wasn’t Prime across the street?
DH: Maybe – but hey – doesn’t this look exactly like where we parked last time?
Me: Yep…but where’s the indoor mall? This one is all outdoors? So we must be in the wrong place.
DH: You must be right – let’s go the other way.

So we turn around even though we both swore parking looked very familiar. We drive around for a while getting ticked off we cannot find the outlet mall we visit every trip. Now we are both aggravated. :mad: Somehow the decision was made to go back to the outlet and at least look at the Character outlet.

Now the following is what I think happened as I had not eaten anything yet all day and was getting really hungry and crabby. I'm sure DH will correct me! :lmao:

So back again we go, and we could not have picked a worse place to park…at the farthest end from the store. We head in and both decide that this store cannot touch the Belz Character Warehouse and let’s try again to find it. You can guess what happened next – back into the car, looking for the INDOOR outlet mall :sad2: . And as I mentioned above DH had grabbed something to eat when we went to the small outlet mall in the beginning but I didn’t…yep – not helping matters. So we drive around more getting more and more ticked off that the mall is not where it should be. OK –let’s go back one more time. So we do…and through our wandering and bathroom breaks we discover that the little halls look and awful like something that used to be indoors and was maybe converted to an outdoor mall??? We stop in again at the Character outlet, but decide neither one of us is in a shopping mood, and we’ll come back (famous last words.)

On our way out DH stops and asks an employee what happened to the Belz outlet…something you think one of us would have done before we started on this little three hour tour (and it was literally three hours!) He confirms our worst fears at this point (being that we wasted half the day!) that Belz turned into Prime and they converted the mall into an outdoor mall. In one way we felt vindicated that we were not losing our minds and that it was right where we thought, on the other hand we are just exhausted and crabby from wasting most of the day looking for something that was right in front of us. :crazy2:

I found these pics on the web…..

Here’s what we remember:
Belz.jpg

And here’s what it looks like now…see how we were confused!!
primeoutlets.jpg

So what do we do next ? We call BWV and yay! our room is ready (it’s about 3pm at this point), but uh-oh…this doesn’t sound good……

DH ends up taking a half day (thankfully) so we can get a few last minute things done and drop off the doggie.

Of course in my head this means we could have left TODAY and had even more time. :goodvibes

Translation: SHE'S GOT MORE TIME TO WORRY ABOUT THE FLIGHT!!!
:scared1:
:rolleyes:

I really didn’t think I’d get any sleep due...
blah blah blah...
Our car arrived promptly at 4am,
blah blah blah...
I tell him to go ahead of me and choose the seats.
blah blah blah blah...
Our luggage

<checks notes>
Day 01 FRI- up for flight, back is sore, twist knee, nice flight, Hello Orlando.

All right, my report for Day 01 is done, hon. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!