Mickey's Hand is in my Pocket II! & DH's P.O.V: pg 19-7/20 On Our Way Home....

Oh no it's nearly over, lovely last day though well except for DH feeling ill and fantastic PP photos :rotfl:

I knew it had to hit sooner or later - I guess DH's sickness just decided to wait until I was all better....it would have been too convenient for it to happen while I was not feeling well :rotfl:

Hope MIL is doing fine :hug:

Thank you...after a small scare this week (and another hopital stay) she is home again and seems to be doing much better :goodvibes

I thought I had quoted a couple of your PP pics too-LOVE the close up one of you two! Such a great shot! And the sad one in front of the Exit sign was awesome! Very creative. :thumbsup2

IMG_2372.jpg

Wow, beautiful stained glass!! I've never been in there before, I'm going to try to remember to seek it out.

I recall you answering this on the Jambo thread (which I have not been on in a LONG time! :sad2:) but, what is the sauce again they serve with the Gaint Zebra Dome?

And since I’ve been on such heavy antibiotics I didn’t start taking my happy plane pills in advance like I did on the way down…..

Oh no...I hope that's not foreshadowing...

Thank you...after a small scare this week (and another hopital stay) she is home again and seems to be doing much better :goodvibes

GOOD!!!!!!! :hug:

Before I wrap this up, I wanted to thank you all again for your support during the last two months with my DMIL...it really did mean the world to us. :hug: In case you had not heard, she lost her battle with this extremely rare form of cancer just over a week ago. She loved Disney and it's mainly for her I wanted to finish this up and start on my next vacation...she probably would have wanted it that way.

Our final day dawns and I take in this few for the last time this trip:
IMG_2306-1.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

I start by trying to figure out if I want one of these before we get on the plane…
IMG_2295.jpg

I decide no…maybe the plane happy pills will work better if I have nothing in my stomach. HA We start gathering all the bags, making sure all the last minute stuff is packed and I get very very sad :sad1: DH assures me that we will be back in less than a year for my 40th birthday trip. Doesn’t help though…;)

We call down to the valet to let them know we are coming, as I know in the mornings there have been semi-long waits for our car. Although I must say, we loved the valet perk with our DVC…couldn’t beat it after a long day at the parks. :woohoo:

So we head out, eventually get our car and pass under the gates for the last time….I’m really sad and I’m also starting to get really scared. We’ve past the gate, which means the next stop is the airport! :scared1:

Normally we take the first flight out, but DH wanted to sleep in…so glad one of us could sleep! So instead we are taking a mid-morning flight. We get to the airport about 90 minutes early, and there’s almost no wait at this point through security. We head towards our gate and I call my dad…and I proceed to have the first very quiet meltdown of the morning. Yes friends, the happy plane pills are not working and I’m freaking out. And for some reason, even the flight number was bugging me…I told my dad it was a great number for a headline! :rotfl2:

DH is laughing at me and it was not helping!!! It’s FINALLY time to board and I’m not doing much better. But one cool thing was we ended up in the exact same seats we had on the flight down. DH notices I am much more panicky now than I was on the way down….DUH! On the way down I had to be up at 3:30am and was too tired to thing. Now we got to (ok he did) sleep until 7am…now I don’t have the tired factor going for me.

Flight was fine and I did not scare any flight attendants this time, although, now that I think about it, maybe if I scare enough of them DH will only drive from now on to avoid the embarrassment. :laughing:

I was going to put a fun summary at the end of things we loved, hated, missed, and can’t wait to do again, but with everything that transpired over the past two months and especially last week, all I have is that I am so thankful we bought DVC when we did. We were able to enjoy it with my DIL’s, the people who took me on my first trip and really helped expand my love for Disney. We were able to pay them back just a bit by sharing our DVC, and this trip alone was probably worth buying.
IMG_2062.jpg

Thanks for staying with me…I’ve FINALLY got the pre-trippie started for our September 2009 trip and if you’d like to follow along, it’s here!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2234649

Ty

Ty I'm so so sorry about your MIL :hug: How wonderful though that you have the fantastic memories of your Disney trip :hug:

Thanks Jo :hug: It was a shock, but we are taking it a day at a time. And now that trip means more than we ever thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter