Mickey Ear Paint Card Samples from Home Depot?

Wal Mart has a package of two self laminating luggage tags - for under $2.00. I wrote my name, address, etc. on top of the paint tag - lift up the plastic on the tag and put two in back to back, seal down and it comes with a tie for attaching to luggage. I used small disney stickers to cover the paint number on the tag.

I got a bunch of them, but I don't like the beige square they are glued on, and I can't seem to be able to just "rip them off". Anybody has any tips?

Somewhere on the DIS someone soaked them in something but I can't remember where I saw it. I think just in water. Maybe I have to experiment.

yup just water. warm water is better because they come off faster but cold water is fine too

i found out too late that NOT taking all the paper backing off is best because it's easier to glue onto paper if there is a thin layer of the old paper on it.

plus it doesn't curl as much if there is a bit of paper on it.

good luck

i got some on the weekend and i'm making a match game for my 2.5 year old

it will teach her there is more then 1 shade of yellow red green and blue

002.jpg

001.jpg

I have found that instead of using glue to hold them together, those scrapbooking double sided tape dispensers work really well. Then you don't have to wait for glue to dry. You do have to make sure you have them lined up perfectly the first time though.:thumbsup2

This is what I did with ours:
5ac0E8XEvNH-JXGtVvv7NNBS1RDGVD03BP0Zv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

5ac0E8XEvNH-JXGtVvv7NNBS1eTHqX07z4gkv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

Super easy to do, I put different Disney stickers under each Mickey head. The girls loved to get up in the AM to pull the Mickey head off and see what sticker was up for that day. On this particular calendar both of my girls had birhdays, so I found crown stickers and wrote Princess Madison's 7th birthday and Princess Mackenzie's 4th birthday for the stickers on those days!!

This is what I did with ours:
5ac0E8XEvNH-JXGtVvv7NNBS1RDGVD03BP0Zv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

5ac0E8XEvNH-JXGtVvv7NNBS1eTHqX07z4gkv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

Super easy to do, I put different Disney stickers under each Mickey head. The girls loved to get up in the AM to pull the Mickey head off and see what sticker was up for that day. On this particular calendar both of my girls had birhdays, so I found crown stickers and wrote Princess Madison's 7th birthday and Princess Mackenzie's 4th birthday for the stickers on those days!!

What a great idea....I'm going to borrow this idea from you.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to get a complete set of them and then some!

The first time I went looking for them, I asked the guy at the paint mixing station if there was any charge for them and he said "No, help yourself." I'm sure they don't really expect people to take 1 or more whole sets, but :rolleyes1

I had the idea of making a memory game as well - but hadn't been thinking of removing them from the backing (my kids can't read yet, so couldn't read the color names on the back).

I also had the idea of making a colorful mobile out of them.

The 1st thing I planned for them was to make a name (or initials) tag for the front of our Passporter pouch lanyards - I'm going to add our initials and a small Disney character sticker.

Hope to see even more ideas that everyone comes up with! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter