Mickey Ear Paint Card Samples from Home Depot?

LSUmom4kids

LSU Graduate and Mother to 4 Kids!
I went to Home Depot and found ONE Alien Green Mickey Paint card sample! (From these posts, I read that "Alien Green" is the official "DisBoards" color.)

I also picked up several of the other bright color paint card samples. I want to be creative ... WHAT CAN I DO WITH THESE FOR OUR UPCOMING TRIP?

I have enough that each family member could have a different color - 2 each.

What should I do with the ONE alien green mickey paint card sample? :confused3

I took ours and put our name and address on them and then laminated them,punched holes in the top and put on our suitcases. It was the best idea, because the whole flight had red luggage, i swear. We would have been there all day, looking for our luggage. But instead, they stood out like a sore thumb. It was great! We grabbed ours, and everyone else was just standing there looking confused. :confused3
Just a simple idea for you.

We intend to use ours for scrap booking, also we are using them for door magnets.

I have a Mickey Mouse bathroom in our basement and I got a bunch of red, yellow, and black ones and Modge Podged them to the back of the white door. Looks really cute!

Hmm.. DH Obi-Wan works for Home Depot - might have to make him into a supplier. :rotfl:

Quick question about the Home Depot Mickey's. I've got a handful made up to attach to our luggage, backpacks, etc. Was curious though, what do you guys use to attach them. I'm not feeling very creative tonight and the only thing I've come up with are the "zip ties" (not sure of their real name, plastic, put one end through the other and it won't come undone, typically used for holding wires together at my house). :confused3

Other suggestions?

ksloane said:
Quick question about the Home Depot Mickey's. I've got a handful made up to attach to our luggage, backpacks, etc. Was curious though, what do you guys use to attach them. I'm not feeling very creative tonight and the only thing I've come up with are the "zip ties" (not sure of their real name, plastic, put one end through the other and it won't come undone, typically used for holding wires together at my house). :confused3

Other suggestions?

we laminated ours,punched holes in the top and put the zip ties thru them. it worked great! we put our name and address on them before we laminated them. best idea ever!

I knew that I had some of these somewhere, and when I cleaned out my craft cupboard I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had 2 Alien Greenones in the mix!! I thank you for the suggestions too!!

I go to scrapbooking expos a lot and when you wear a lime green one with your DIS name on it, people notice you right away!!!

I made nametags too...took 2 mickey heads and put them together back-to-back. I printed out our first names (only) onto matching lime green paper using the Disney font and attached to the tags. Then I laminated and punched a hole in the ear to hang on the bags we'll take to the park. I'll be using some of the other colors for the scrapbook too...

i will be decorating my door at CSR and my window with them. Also i plan to laminate one with my DIS name and cary it on my pink back pack on the parks and i will attach one to DH whether he wants to or not! :rotfl2:

I laminated different colors (same color on both sides) and attached them with the plastic ties that the kids used to make those "key chain things" (I don't know what it's called!) to our luggage. Each family member had a different color. It was very helpful because the black duffel bags are easily confused - DS6 had green, DD8 had pink, DS11 had red, etc.

I did attach the alien green laminated mickey ears to my backpack/daypack that I faithfully (and painfully) carried everyday on our trip and I NEVER had anyone ask me if I was a disboard member!! :sad:

By the way, I never saw any other disboard members while we were there from 8/2 - 8/12!!!!!!!! Where were you guys????????? :confused3

Just PM Me if you need any advice, I will be sure to answer them all and your name will not be posted with the question, so take a chance and ask it!

:)

do they still have them?

i just found out about them today

Mech PA Home Depot Had tons. I helped myself. I felt bad but what great idea you all have come up for these.

I got a bunch of them, but I don't like the beige square they are glued on, and I can't seem to be able to just "rip them off". Anybody has any tips?

I trim around the backing, then use my xyron and glue 2 back to back. Then I punch a hole and add ribbon to hang from bags, purse...whatever.

I've also done it and then glued to a magnet for a door Mickey.

Laminate and punch a hole, add ribbon and stick to the bottom of your pin trading lanyard or hang from your lime green bagalini messenger bag, and stroller etc. ....all the other DISsers will recognize you and strike up a conversation!

I attach to my luggage with our address sticker on them (laminate) too.

When NOT going to Disney, I have a huge excess of different colored tags, I use as gift tags!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter