Methods of Booking/Modifying WDW Table Service Reservations will change effective 10/13/19 (update)

That’s interesting. I didn’t know they had been saying calling was preferred—I’ve always found it easier to look at the options online regardless.

If they were to use that to reduce call wait times during busy periods, that would be great. And I’d love to say I have confidence that’s the goal...

Bruce

It's one way to cut down on staff costs, there is really no reason to need to call in for this. But first they need to get MDE to work, consistently and address the problems with booking some odd number of guests that would be great.
that-would-be-great.png

It depends. When we are trying to decreases the number of people for an ADR, the app has worked well. If we need to increase, usually end up calling WDW Dine or the restaurant directly.

But I question "all". If one wants to go for V&A? Just us - all categories - we would CALL V&A.

I usually just book this online. Maybe if I wanted the Chef's table but I've never had a problem booking QVR online.

IF the Website will remain functional? It's actually not a bad idea.

But I question "all". If one wants to go for V&A? Just us - all categories - we would CALL V&A.

Meanwhile - consider "Open Table". A NUMBER of DS restaurants, Swolphin, and a few Disney owned Restaurants use this.
And "Open Table" tends to operate :).
Do you know the names of the Disney restaurants on opentable?
I much prefer to book using this site.

And for the folks w no internet presence, then what?
I feel for the cm, this could result in a significant reduction in force

Is there a space on the online ADR system to note birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations? I've made TONS of ADRs online...I should know this :tongue:

Is there a space on the online ADR system to note birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations? I've made TONS of ADRs online...I should know this :tongue:
Not on the WDW website. I've tried a few times today to make an ADR on on the app and it's not working (shocker!).

Has anyone seen details for how this affects V&A Chef’s table? I wanted to book it for May 2020 and was planning on calling.

Not on the WDW website. I've tried a few times today to make an ADR on on the app and it's not working (shocker!).

I'm totally fine with the website/app being the preferred or even only way to make a dining reservation for the standard offerings. But it has to work consistently. And feels like it's a LONG way from operating consistently.

There is a space, but I tried to modify a reservation today to add a birthday celebration and that’s not something you can update online. I’m not sure if you can when you make the reservation, but I’m thinking you can. I called the dining line and they have changed their messaging, and modifying reservations is not an option. So I hung up and called the main line. I waited 25 minutes and they transferred me to the dining line anyway... and luckily they picked up right away. They were happy to help me and added the celebration as well as an allergy.

We booked, modified, cancelled, and rebooked tons of dining reservations for our August trip and never once did I call in. The only time I didn’t use the app or website was once when we were onsite. We had stopped at the front desk for something else and asked if they were able to modify the time of our dinner reservation that day. Otherwise I always use the app. I find it easy to use and I don’t have to wait in the phone queue. It’s actually the one area of MDE that I’ve never had an issue with.

There is a space, but I tried to modify a reservation today to add a birthday celebration and that’s not something you can update online. I’m not sure if you can when you make the reservation, but I’m thinking you can.

I experimented with making an online dining reservation on the website today just to check. The only options for special requests are dietary restrictions and accessibility needs (wheelchair, etc). I didn't see anywhere to note birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Maybe special requests on the website have been changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!