Merging reservations

jolynne28

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I've merged in the past, but it's probably been 3 years or so. I just called to merge two campsite reservations (same category) and they told me they could not do that, but would make a note that they are consecutive reservations and we would like to stay at the same site. Is this a new policy? If not, is it totally dependent on the cast member you get? If so, is there a chance they could make us move sites, or are they accommodating in these situations? I just think it's a pain that I have to check out for one and check back in for the other, they are back to back dates, one reservation for 2 nights and the next for the following 3. We definitely do not want to have to move.

Thank you!

What are your dates? Anything around holidays, Halloween or Christmas? That's what they told me recently too that basically October through Jan are locked and all they can do is make notes that you are consecutive and don't move you. You can keep trying to change your reservation online yourself. And try it both ways, adding nights to the front or the end. I had a one night and a four night, it finally let me add all 4 to the one night, but never let me add one night to the four.

Start reading this thread, @jolynne28, beginning about post #30.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...the-works-starting-oct-2022-to.3884217/page-2

You won't have to move. When you check in for the first reservation, tell them about the second reservation and they will note a "continuing stay" so you won't have to move (if same type on consecutive days). I had this too and on the first stay I used the early on-line check-in feature and then while at the Fort during that first stay, went to the lobby and told them about the second and then on the check-out/check-in day, didn't hear a peep (text, call) and didn't move.

It comes down to the fact that you need to tell the Fort about your continuing stay BEFORE that day's check-in texts start going out with assigned site numbers (could be as early as 6am each day). When your continuing stay is noted, your site number (which may have been assigned on the check-out day of your first stay to a new guest) is flagged and a CM will assign them a different site before your second check-in day arrives. You stay put, the new guest never knows this swap occurs, and life goes on.

Bama Ed

PS - Your change, while straightforward, is one of the type (combination) that is no longer permitted. It's collateral damage from the actions taken to prevent working/gaming the reservation system.

Last edited:
I will add that I have back-to-back stays for later this year and plan to do the continuing stay notification again. ED

Thanks for the info! Yes, it’s around Thanksgiving, so it made me nervous that it’s such a busy time that they may not be able to leave us in the same spot. The CM I spoke to said she noted my reservations, but I’ll verify that later and read the post you referenced BamaEd.

Hi all,

I've merged in the past, but it's probably been 3 years or so. I just called to merge two campsite reservations (same category) and they told me they could not do that, but would make a note that they are consecutive reservations and we would like to stay at the same site. Is this a new policy? If not, is it totally dependent on the cast member you get? If so, is there a chance they could make us move sites, or are they accommodating in these situations? I just think it's a pain that I have to check out for one and check back in for the other, they are back to back dates, one reservation for 2 nights and the next for the following 3. We definitely do not want to have to move.

Thank you!
I tried the same thing with a similar result a few weeks ago. I have since been able to add the last nights to the first reservation and cancelled the one we didn't need so that someone else can pick it up.

I made this reservation for my sister and BIL who will be using their truck camper. Their plan is to drop the camper on the campsite and use the truck for transportation around the area. If he had to move to another campsite, I know that my BIL would just load the camper on the truck and say "See ya!" after the first reservation was completed.

I tried the same thing with a similar result a few weeks ago. I have since been able to add the last nights to the first reservation and cancelled the one we didn't need so that someone else can pick it up.

I made this reservation for my sister and BIL who will be using their truck camper. Their plan is to drop the camper on the campsite and use the truck for transportation around the area. If he had to move to another campsite, I know that my BIL would just load the camper on the truck and say "See ya!" after the first reservation was completed.
Ha, yes this is probably what my husband would do! I'm not sure I have it in me to keep checking the site and trying to add days. Maybe as it gets closer and people end up cancelling I'll take a look, but I think it will all work out and they'll let us stay.

I have two one night reservations and a 4 night reservation over New Year's. I'm going to do as @bama_ed recommends because there is no way we are moving. We have a popup and it's alot of work to get our site set up comfortably plus we might have a tent. I could see my husband just packing up and leaving also.

There's nothing more absurd from an international travel destination like Disney World that they can't link consecutive reservations. It's these things that are so frustrating along with the situation covered above where they could add 4 nights to 1 night but not 1 night to the 4.

there is no way we are moving. We have a popup and it's a lot of work.

There's nothing more absurd from an international travel destination like Disney World that they can't link consecutive reservations.
I would be very surprised if you had to move after checking in with the Outpost staff and letting them know you have multiple reservations.

It seems like Disney is attempting to address some of the long time bad booking practices at the Fort (perpetual stays, reserve EVERYTHING at 499 and then drop what you don't want a few weeks before arrival, booking almost a year and a half in advance long before the web site shows availability, throwaway sites). Hopefully we are in a transition and they continue to refine the rules. I understand the cancel requirement to modify an existing reservation. This is probably the only way to get a handle on the overbooking/dropping problem, but it really does negatively impact people that need to make adjustments for legitimate reasons (family needs, work related). Hopefully shortening the reservation window to only what is on the web site may help by shortening the lead time, but people will still find a way to manipulate it.

I would imagine merging multiple reservations may return once the other changes are stable. Keeping them all separate may benefit people that want to drop days at the beginning or end of a trip if those days are on their own reservation. If people start playing that, it might be the motivation to allow people to combine into one reservation.

Like everything else with Disney, this will likely change. And we'll all probably still go anyway. :)

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter